Newbie - what is the best setting for clear and crisp shots for Real
1041 7 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Terps22
New
United States

Hi I am a newbie to the group and to the Osmo+. I’ve been having the hardest time figuring out what is the best settings for filming real estate properties. So far my foot I just have been not the greatest I’m not the brightest. Need some help figuring out what is the best settings to obtain the sharpest and crisp footage?

Thanks !!
2018-3-9
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Inside or outside filming?
2018-3-10
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

I've been trying to figure that out for ages!!! You get the sharpest look if you don't move the camera... which sort of defeats the object. Low light is pretty awful. Keep the ISO down to 400 to avoid lots of noise. Standard light is ok if you can manage to use the AF function and keep tapping the screen to focus where you want it to... Using AF gives the best focus. But then you're tapping all the time! So well rehearsed shots can create good images. But there's no follow focus which is a nuisance. Infinite Focus should work... but it doesn't. Given that drone footage is nice and sharp, it's amazing that this camera fails in that area. Using the zoom in any meaningful way seems impossible as it just adds in another focusing issue... It may all depend on how soft you can accept your images. If you cut them in with other camera's images the softness stands out like a sore thumb. If all you present are low-quality online walk around shots, it's usable. Notch up the sharpness when rendering and its sort of passable...  
2018-3-10
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Actualy filming when moving the camera is possible, but You will only get focus on the object in center of
the view. Everything else will be unfocused.
I got the infinite focus to work ok by downgrading to prior FW and then upgrade to most resent FW again.
Then I followed the guide on how to calibrate the lense by focusing on an objectc at least 50 mtr away.
2018-3-13
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-13 00:20
Actualy filming when moving the camera is possible, but You will only get focus on the object in center of
the view. Everything else will be unfocused.
I got the infinite focus to work ok by downgrading to prior FW and then upgrade to most resent FW again.

Did that several times and Infinite still gives me unusable pictures. It's way too soft.
2018-3-14
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Lwgray 0 Posted at 2018-3-14 23:44
Did that several times and Infinite still gives me unusable pictures. It's way too soft.

What I did to solve that problem was the following:
1) Downgrade to prior firmware.   (Just to do something)
2) Upgraded to latest firmware again.
3) Followed the lense calibration guide. (Im sure it was here I did something wrong at first)

What I was not aware of was, that when calibrating the lense for the first time, I did that inside
my house with about a few meters to everything.
The guide tells to find an object at least 50 meters away to calibrate after.
When I did that in step 3, all my photos and videos started to be near perfect.
Actualy i think I get the best result by using infinit focus insted of autofocus.
2018-3-16
Use props
Terps22
New
United States

Thanks guys for the help..BUT I still cannot get a simple crisp and clean video.  This is the most frustrating camera I've ever bought, no clear instructions I've found anywhere or cheat sheet.  Here's the quality, i'm sure you can see how soft and filled with noise, grainy it is.  How do I make this sharp ?!  

2018-5-16
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

Terps22 Posted at 2018-5-16 22:22
Thanks guys for the help..BUT I still cannot get a simple crisp and clean video.  This is the most frustrating camera I've ever bought, no clear instructions I've found anywhere or cheat sheet.  Here's the quality, i'm sure you can see how soft and filled with noise, grainy it is.  How do I make this sharp ?!  

Osmo condo shoot

Not too bad on the focus. But it looks like you’re using the auto settings. That has a habit of over exposing and playing around with the shutter speed, hence all that stutter and blur.

Put everything on manual. Lock shutter speed at 50 or 60. Use an iso of 400 or lower. And use ND filters to cut bright light. Take them off for interiors because it doesn’t do well inside. Both bright light and low light faze this camera!

Best quality is 4K but it’s marginally better. Similarly Log D with colour grading gives better quality. But frankly HD with one of its colour profiles can get very nice results.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules