18136 38 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21768 ft
New Zealand

Please enable this DJI.

Specs claim 360º roll ability, now I buy the Ronin 2 and find a +/-30º limit.

2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Smith. Please shoot a video about the situation for further check. Please tell me the firmware of your Ronin 2. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-9
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 22:45
Hi, Smith. Please shoot a video about the situation for further check. Please tell me the firmware of your Ronin 2. Thanks for your support.

Ah, the roll only works through +-30º on the remote controller. We need more roll ability. At least 90º.

Thanks
2018-3-9
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

Marty_Smith Posted at 2018-3-9 22:49
Ah, the roll only works through +-30º on the remote controller. We need more roll ability. At least 90º.

Thanks

Firmware updated today.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Firmware updated today.

Smith, its Roll axis control is ±30°. Your requirement will be forwarded. Thanks for your support.
control r2.png
2018-3-12
Use props
ash_innovator
lvl.1
United States

Firmware updated today.

Hi Marty,
Were you ever able to figure out how to do the 360 roll?  I saw it done on a youtube video but in the video, the operator set the gimbal setting to a 360 roll.  But that option was not available on my model and any of the firmware updates.

If you have figured out how to get a 360 roll, please let me know.  I'd like to use the feature asap.
2018-8-4
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hey mate,
Never did. The guy in the video had a pre-prod unit and firmware I think, and the full roll wasn't as easy to manage as they thought.

You can kin of do it though if you hard mount the gimbal 90º to the ground tilt down (away from the pan motor), and spin it on the pan axis... There are a few videos around. I think Cinemilled did one.

Don't know if it'll be enable in the future.
2018-8-5
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

ash_innovator Posted at 2018-8-4 06:40
Hi Marty,
Were you ever able to figure out how to do the 360 roll?  I saw it done on a youtube video but in the video, the operator set the gimbal setting to a 360 roll.  But that option was not available on my model and any of the firmware updates.

You can rotate the whole gimbal 90 degree so the pan axes (motor) is going to be the roll axes (motor) .... now you can roll away infinitely ;) .... it´s not a fix but a work around ...
2018-8-9
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169925 ft

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-8-9 11:02
You can rotate the whole gimbal 90 degree so the pan axes (motor) is going to be the roll axes (motor) .... now you can roll away infinitely ;) .... it´s not a fix but a work around ...

Can you tell me how you did this Pirate?

Was this off a dolly at 90degree offset?

It’s pretty obvious DJI has changed some things to not allow this bc it could hurt the motors but wish they were more honest about it. Doing 360 degree rolls are crucial for creative purposes and it’s a must if you own the Master Wheels with a 3rd axis - I want to know!

Cheers
AL
2018-9-9
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

LUMINARIO Posted at 2018-9-9 12:53
Can you tell me how you did this Pirate?

Was this off a dolly at 90degree offset?

You could do it mounted like you said on a dolly or with an easy rig and only the top half of the ronin ring installed .... doing it handheld you need to be very strong ;) or have two people hold half the ring on both sides.

Still we would love to use the normal roll axe !
2018-9-11
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2

can you please post a video? thanks Pirate!
2018-9-16
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

LUMINARIO Posted at 2018-9-16 23:33

2018-9-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

sorry about the bad quality video ;) but I think everything is clear now ?

also note it´s good to have a second operator who uses the joystick for roll ;)
2018-9-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

another note : you really want to have the lens center lining up with the roll motor center what makes balancing more difficult ... but it´s possible
2018-9-17
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
United States

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-9-17 08:37
https://vimeo.com/290317596

all good!! thank you so much for that Pirate - im gonna try and do my own test
2018-9-17
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
United States

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-9-17 08:37
https://vimeo.com/290317596

how many revolutions could it do? thx!
2018-9-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

LUMINARIO Posted at 2018-9-17 13:55
how many revolutions could it do? thx!

endless ... you can spin away to infinity ;)
2018-9-18
Use props
fans490ec455
New
United States

Laffrey

Is this still the best way to do this kind of shot? Any one know if they have fixed this with firmware yet?
2018-9-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

fans490ec455 Posted at 2018-9-26 11:39
Is this still the best way to do this kind of shot? Any one know if they have fixed this with firmware yet?

as far is i know this is the only possibility .... i heard that they are not planning to implement this with software as it might be impossible for some reason ... not sure
2018-9-28
Use props
ManiAVP
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

Flo the Pirate Posted at 9-28 05:31
as far is i know this is the only possibility .... i heard that they are not planning to implement this with software as it might be impossible for some reason ... not sure

Flo the Pirate I tried to send you an PM but DJI Forum seems to delete it straight away.
I explain quick in German:
Wir wollen mit dem  Ronin 2 360 rollen und haben es wie du beschrieben hast 90 grad gedreht und den unteren Ring entfernt. aber wir sind nicht über die 30 grad weg gekommen. haben es genau so gemacht, wie du. sorry dass ich dich damit so belästige, aber wir suchen dringend nach einer guten und soliden Lösung die auch funktioniert.
2018-11-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

ManiAVP Posted at 11-26 08:29
Flo the Pirate I tried to send you an PM but DJI Forum seems to delete it straight away.
I explain quick in German:
Wir wollen mit dem  Ronin 2 360 rollen und haben es wie du beschrieben hast 90 grad gedreht und den unteren Ring entfernt. aber wir sind nicht über die 30 grad weg gekommen. haben es genau so gemacht, wie du. sorry dass ich dich damit so belästige, aber wir suchen dringend nach einer guten und soliden Lösung die auch funktioniert.

ich hab dir unsere alte / erste DM nochmal geschickt .... siehst du die jetzt ?
2018-11-26
Use props
ManiAVP
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

Flo the Pirate Posted at 11-26 09:16
ich hab dir unsere alte / erste DM nochmal geschickt .... siehst du die jetzt ?

Ich sehe nur einen Teil und kann nicht antworten... Wäre es mögich mir eine Mail zu machen? Könntest mir deine Email per PM senden? Dann schreibe ich dir da. Mein Geschriebenes löscht es in der PM sofort wieder. Soooo armselig...
2018-11-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

ManiAVP Posted at 11-26 23:16
Ich sehe nur einen Teil und kann nicht antworten... Wäre es mögich mir eine Mail zu machen? Könntest mir deine Email per PM senden? Dann schreibe ich dir da. Mein Geschriebenes löscht es in der PM sofort wieder. Soooo armselig...

just PMed you
2018-11-27
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

To do the 360 roll on Ronin 2 by using the pan axes its important to switch the ronin 2 controller to FOLLOW - on FREE it´s not working !
2018-12-4
Use props
djiuser_tpXse0Fa6UVR
New

Germany

2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_tpXse0Fa6UVR
New

Germany

2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_tpXse0Fa6UVR
New

Germany

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-12-4 02:31
To do the 360 roll on Ronin 2 by using the pan axes its important to switch the ronin 2 controller to FOLLOW - on FREE it´s not working !

Dear Flo the pirate.

I am currently shooting with a ronin 2 Sony Venice and hawk mini. We want to shoot 360 but I can‘t get the ronin running ö. Seems the motors are not strong enough. Can you please send me a link how to balance it? Thank you so much
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_tpXse0Fa6UVR
New

Germany

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-12-4 02:31

Dear Flo the pirate.

I am currently shooting with a ronin 2 Sony Venice and hawk mini. We want to shoot 360 but I can‘t get the ronin running ö. Seems the motors are not strong enough. Can you please send me a link how to balance it? Thank you so much
2019-7-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

u need to apply all balancing rules that apply to any gimbal

this video is in depth ronin 2 and i think it has a section that does explain balancing ...
2019-7-21
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

looks like the link i posted got deleted ??? @dji ???
2019-7-24
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

djiuser_tpXse0Fa6UVR Posted at 7-17 12:39
Dear Flo the pirate.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxOxQU-XI8M
2019-7-24
Use props
Ohnimaco
lvl.2

France

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-9-17 08:45
sorry about the bad quality video ;) but I think everything is clear now ?

also note it´s good to have a second operator who uses the joystick for roll ;)

Hi Pirate, have you change anything in the menu to do this?
I try to use the gimbal like that to make a 360 shot but the new roll axis make by the normal pan axis take the 30 degree limit of the traditional roll axis.
Thx for answer.
2019-8-18
Use props
Ohnimaco
lvl.2

France

Ohnimaco Posted at 8-18 09:12
Hi Pirate, have you change anything in the menu to do this?
I try to use the gimbal like that to make a 360 shot but the new roll axis make by the normal pan axis take the 30 degree limit of the traditional roll axis.
Thx for answer.

Ok I find my answer: To put the gimbal at 90 degree and use the pan as a roll to infinity only work in the tripod mode. Not in car/gimbal/aerial mode.
2019-8-18
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Ohnimaco Posted at 8-18 09:35
Ok I find my answer: To put the gimbal at 90 degree and use the pan as a roll to infinity only work in the tripod mode. Not in car/gimbal/aerial mode.

thanx for reporting this for people looking for this in the future
2019-8-23
Use props
theestinson
lvl.1

HI, so what they don't say in the firmware update is that this only works in "flashlight mode"  if you put the remote in free mode then rotate the gimbal so that the feet and the lens line up, you can then use the roll knob on the controler to spin the camera using the pan motor as a roll motor. This is a bit missleading on their part, but it is the only way currently to roll 360 continuoulsy.
2019-10-7
Use props
theestinson
lvl.1

2019-10-7
Use props
IJD One above all
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I'm watching
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_tGZ79ZfOiNk7
New

Mexico

Did anyone made the 360 roll?
Still cant
2021-9-23
Use props
TBS_DG
lvl.1

United States

My ongoing communication with the manufacturers in China. Hope this helps clarify, will update soon as i'm going to record a video of myself doing this and send it to them.

"simon(DJI Support)

Feb 18, 2022, 18:07 GMT+8

Dear Alan,
Good to hear from you.

This is Simon from DJI Support. Sumeyya is currently on vacation but please don't worry that I will follow up on your issue.

Regarding your problem, we are sorry that currently, we don't have the video tutorial, it will be better if you update us with the video that shows your operation. We will check the steps for you. If the former link expires, you can upload the video to this link:_____________
In the meantime, you can also check the below steps:
1. Please make sure the ronin 2 have been upgraded to the latest version;

2. Please use Handheld mode when using for mounting 90° on a jib arm;
remote controller mode should be Free or Recenter mode.

Please ​place the lock in the groove next to it, like the picture as below.

3. After balancing the ronin 2, rotate Ronin 2 90 degrees to the flashlight mode(Handheld mode)(Note: Do not put Ronin 2 on the handheld ring to manually control Ronin 2 to rotate 90 degrees. After installing and fixing the camera, rotate Ronin 2 by 90 degrees. Will automatically enter the flashlight mode).
After entering the flashlight mode, the original roll axis will become the new pan axis, and the original pan axis will become the new roll axis, but the remote control's pitch, pan, and roll controls remain unchanged, and it is still mapped to the remote control channel in the APP be consistent. If the customer needs to change the control of the remote control, it is recommended that set it on the channel setting page of the APP.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

If the problem is not solved yet, please reply to the email directly and the email will reopen automatically. We are always here to help. Thank you for your understanding and support.

You'll soon receive a customer satisfaction survey for our service sent by the system automatically if we do not receive any further information from you in five days. Then, the email will be closed automatically by the system too. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Take Care and Stay Safe!"
2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules