Telemetry recording
3822 8 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Hi, when I playback the video footage on my PC I dont see any of the flight telemetry info.
On my camera settings I have enabled Video Caption. What am I mising?

2018-3-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I've never played with video captions, but I will as soon as I get a calm day.  From what I can find it says:

Video Caption: If this is toggled on then when you take a video the app will make a text-based subtitle file (SRT) that contains information about Altitudes, GPS, ISO, Shutter, Barometer, Home Point GPS coordinates, etc.

It says Subtitle.  When you look at the files from the SD card, you will have a .SRT file also.  I think that when you play the video back on some program that can play Subtitles, and turn the Subtitles on, it SHOULD come up then.  
On some of the movies that I've downloaded, the .SRT file contains the Subtitles.  Give it a shot and lemme know..  please.  

EDIT:  I found this on the Inspire page...  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-9248-1-1.html

2018-3-9
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-3-9 17:05
I've never played with video captions, but I will as soon as I get a calm day.  From what I can find it says:

Video Caption: If this is toggled on then when you take a video the app will make a text-based subtitle file (SRT) that contains information about Altitudes, GPS, ISO, Shutter, Barometer, Home Point GPS coordinates, etc.

I do have the SRT txt files but when I play back nothing shows up.
Looking at your link, I saw the captioning of some of the data but that is not what I was looking for.
I was referring to the fancy DJI app info on speed, altitude, etc as the app shows while flying.
2018-3-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm... well, like I said, I've not tried it, but I will just to see what it does.  I did turn it on the other day, and when I downloaded the SD card, I did see the files, but didn't even bother to test it then, just downloaded the video files.  You've got my curiosity going now..   and I'm not pointing fingers, but... you did turn closed captioning on on the video program correct??
2018-3-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Wait.. I take that back.. I forgot that I deleted the .SRT files and hadn't emptied the trash yet..  This is what I got when I viewed the video and turned on Closed Captioning.  

2018-3-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

If you're looking for the ENTIRE flight telemetry, showing every tiny move made, try going here.  When people have problems with their crafts, this is the first thing that everyone asks for.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2018-3-9
Use props
Mitch33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Download AZScreenrecorder, install on you tablet. then open it and click record, then minimze it. Now open DJI Go and go flying. When done, BEFORE you turn off the quad, drag down at the top of the screen and save AZScreen recorder and Quit, then exit it, then turn off the bird then your controller. The complete screen recording and all the stuff you saw on your tablet can be found in the  memory of your tablet. Edit it the way you do any file. I use  Adobe Premiere.
2019-7-7
Use props
Mitch33
lvl.1
United States

Download AZScreenrecorder, install on you tablet. then open it and click record, then minimze it. Now open DJI Go and go flying. When done, BEFORE you turn off the quad, drag down at the top of the screen and save AZScreen recorder and Quit, then exit it, then turn off the bird then your controller. The complete screen recording and all the stuff you saw on your tablet can be found in the  memory of your tablet. Edit it the way you do any file. I use  Adobe Premiere.
2019-7-7
Use props
Mitch33
lvl.1
United States

2019-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules