Replacement Mavic Pro Won’t Connect To App
2710 17 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve just received my Mavic Pro back from a repair at DJI Holland. I’ve received a different unit back and now I cannot get it to connect to the app. Is there something I need to do to activate it again or register it with my app or account? I seem to remember being prompted to activate with my first Mavic but not now.

I’ve tried using the standard cable, I’ve tried using the USB port on the bottom of the controller with the other cable disconnected and still no good. i’ve Used 2 different cables for this.

I’ve deleted the app and downloaded again and signed in and tried all the connection options again and still cannot get connected.

What else should I be doing?

iPhone 7+ with latest iOS and DJI Go 4 version. I’ve also tried connecting up an iPad Pro 12.9 2017 using the USB lead and still no good..
2018-3-9
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick question. Are you using the side port to connect the iPhone to your RC or the bottom USB?
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does it say RC connected before you turn on the drone? Have you linked the RC and AC?
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-3-9 16:19
Quick question. Are you using the side port to connect the iPhone to your RC or the bottom USB?

I’ve tried both. Each time I’ve used one cable I’ve made sure the other is completely disconnected.
I normally just use the side port without issue.
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-9 16:21
Does it say RC connected before you turn on the drone? Have you linked the RC and AC?

On the RC? The RC just says ‘connecting_’, it always has just said that.
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Does it say RC connected before you turn on the drone? Have you linked the RC and AC?

The linking part is what is missing I think. I thought there was some kind of activation required etc but couldn’t find info. Got some now and giving it a go. Thanks.
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Link the RC to the drone - loads of DJI tutorials on it. Come back with the outcome!
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

All linked and good to go. Thanks.
2018-3-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

calmari Posted at 2018-3-9 16:48

Result....... Bet you were close to pulling your hair out lol
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-9 16:51
Result.......  Bet you were close to pulling your hair out lol

My hair is long gone but yes, I was getting very frustrated. I’d checked the Quick Start guide and beginning of the manual and couldn’t find anything. I knew about activation and that was the route I ended up going down but I wasn’t getting prompted to activate.

It would have been helpful if DJI Support were a little more helpful and notified you of this requirement since it is a replacement drone.

Thanks for all the input.
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Is there a way to find out exactly what drone I now have? Is it a new unit, refurbed or what? It looks pretty new but it didn’t come cellophane wrapped.

The gimbal cover and lock were both off of it when I opened it all up.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

calmari Posted at 2018-3-9 17:06
Is there a way to find out exactly what drone I now have? Is it a new unit, refurbed or what? It looks pretty new but it didn’t come cellophane wrapped.

Please try to connect your RC with DJI Assistant 2 and see if it can be recognized. Or you can try to use an Android device. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

calmari Posted at 2018-3-9 16:48

Fantastic! Good to see that sorted it!      
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

calmari Posted at 2018-3-9 17:06

Mavic Pro's are not not wrapped - just the Spark and Mavic Air.
2018-3-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 20:26
Please try to connect your RC with DJI Assistant 2 and see if it can be recognized. Or you can try to use an Android device. Thanks for your support.

Thanks. My initial connection problems are now sorted. Will connecting to DJI Assistant be able to tell me if it is either a new or refurbished unit?
2018-3-10
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-9 23:32
Mavic Pro's are not not wrapped - just the Spark and Mavic Air.

Okay, thanks.
2018-3-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

calmari Posted at 2018-3-10 00:03
Thanks. My initial connection problems are now sorted. Will connecting to DJI Assistant be able to tell me if it is either a new or refurbished unit?

No - just what firmware it is on - best to update to the latest version on both the AC and RC using Assistant 2 then any additional batteries via the app.
To tell the age you will need the serial number - google how 'old is my Mavic' - there are plenty of sources outside of this forum that will tell you when your replacement unit was manufactured.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

calmari Posted at 2018-3-10 00:03

Like A CW mentioned, the DJI Assistance 2 is used for update firmware, export log, calibrate vision system and so on, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Please test the flight performance and keep us updated if there is any further problem with the drone.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules