640 16 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1035125 ft
  • >>>
Norway

2 years ago I made my first cinematic dronevideo, and that was from this vikingfarm we have here on this island.
I used a P3Pro, handheld and in the air, at that time. With about a month of experience flying and editing.

So I thought this needed a revisit after 2 years, since I have newer gear and more experience now.

This is a work in progress as I will go there multiple times getting alot of footage for the final product.

Might get some real vikings and ships later on..

P4 Pro
Osmo+
Osmo Mobile
2018-3-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

It might be a great video, but 9 minutes is just too long to watch.  If you keep it down to 3 minutes or less, I'll bet you'll get a lot more views.
2018-3-9
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-9 22:03
It might be a great video, but 9 minutes is just too long to watch.  If you keep it down to 3 minutes or less, I'll bet you'll get a lot more views.
It is 9 minutes because it is NOT a pure dronevideo. It is me talking, walking, explaining and flying. Unless I fast forward so you get me talking like a smurf it could get under 3 minutes..

I am sorry, but it is a little annoying getting a criticising comment from someone that didnt even watched the video.
2018-3-10
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Austevik Dronefoto Posted at 2018-3-10 01:44
It is 9 minutes because it is NOT a pure dronevideo. It is me talking, walking, explaining and flying. Unless I fast forward so you get me talking like a smurf it could get under 3 minutes..

I am sorry, but it is a little annoying getting a criticising comment from someone that didnt even watched the video.

Rather than be annoyed, you should look at this as a gift.  It was simply an offering to try to help you.  If you're like me, you post videos because you want folks to watch it.  And, as with any gift, you're free to use it or discard it.
2018-3-10
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

To me it's more like a short documentary.  Very interesting and beautiful aerials.  The length of it was ok for me...
2018-3-10
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-10 07:13
Rather than be annoyed, you should look at this as a gift.  It was simply an offering to try to help you.  If you're like me, you post videos because you want folks to watch it.  And, as with any gift, you're free to use it or discard it.

I appreciate all the feedback I can get, when they are constructive. But based on your comment it wasnt worth a watch because of the lenght of the video.

It might be boring and long, but think it is wrong to judge something just based on the lenght..

When you create something you want to put the viewer in a setting and create a feeling of the area and give some context to what I am showing and why. And that is what I use the time to do in the video, that is why it has this lenght.
2018-3-10
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

ghutch Posted at 2018-3-10 07:58
To me it's more like a short documentary.  Very interesting and beautiful aerials.  The length of it was ok for me...

Thank you Ghutch, i will go back again, there are vikings that live in this village with blacksmiths and a marketplace.
2018-3-10
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

Don't listen to the critics. It is easy to criticize, but difficult to improve oneself and you have done that.

Well done. I like the mini-documentary format, and yes, your videography with the Phantom has gotten much better.
2018-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video.
Very interesting and informative.
No need to cut it any shorter if you ask me.

(but maybe I'm a little crazy )

I think this would be a perfect daytrip for one of our summer holidays
And YES, you have improved a lot!
2018-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-9 22:03

I know most subjects are boring if you have to look at them for longer than 3 minutes, but if there is enough good story you can get good results on longer videos.

My most watched video (over 5 mln views) is over 10 minutes long.
My second most watched video (over 1 mln views) is only 3 minutes. But that is just about 1 subject.
Just make sure you have a good story and nice footage.
2018-3-10
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

BearDrone Posted at 2018-3-10 09:34
Don't listen to the critics. It is easy to criticize, but difficult to improve oneself and you have done that.

Well done. I like the mini-documentary format, and yes, your videography with the Phantom has gotten much better.

Hehe should hope I have improved, thank you.
2018-3-10
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-10 10:10
Great video.
Very interesting and informative.
No need to cut it any shorter if you ask me.

It is a popular place to visit in the summer as it is populated with real vikings and vikingships. Hopefully I can get some footage to share of it.
2018-3-10
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I felt that some more "new" live "flying" drone footage to provide extra interest between commentary may have been beneficial. Thanks for posting. I look forward to your next one.
2018-3-10
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Spacetrakker Posted at 2018-3-10 20:09
I felt that some more "new" live "flying" drone footage to provide extra interest between commentary may have been beneficial. Thanks for posting. I look forward to your next one.

I see what you mean,good point. Thank you.
2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Austevik Dronefoto Posted at 2018-3-10 17:26
It is a popular place to visit in the summer as it is populated with real vikings and vikingships. Hopefully I can get some footage to share of it.

Yes, I can imagine.
A bit too far from where we are staying this year (Billingsfors Sweden), but who knows another summer.
Norway is definitely on our list.
2018-3-11
Use props
DanbyUrgess
Second Officer
United States

It was very informative. The  before and after shots are good to see. i liked the cinematic shots near the end the best, with the reveals and depth of field effect and smooth aerials. You have some great video on which to build, especially when you introduce people into it with blacksmiths etc. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
2018-3-11
Use props
Austevik Dronefoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DanbyUrgess Posted at 2018-3-11 11:06
It was very informative. The  before and after shots are good to see. i liked the cinematic shots near the end the best, with the reveals and depth of field effect and smooth aerials. You have some great video on which to build, especially when you introduce people into it with blacksmiths etc. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Yeah I hope I can get the vikings in the video Thanks alot
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules