MAVIC AIR - WOBBLE WHEN CLOSE TO OBJECTS?
1646 11 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

Hey Guys -

Can you take a look at this quick clip and tell me if this is normal/expected?  When I fly my air near objects, it's almost like I see a back and forth wobble in the image.  Doesn't seem expected to me.  Anyone else experiencing this?

2018-3-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Didn't see any problem with the video.
2018-3-9
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whatever you are concerned with, it did not jump out at me.  Any hints (time stamp) on where the problem is?
2018-3-9
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
United States

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2018-3-9 21:31
Whatever you are concerned with, it did not jump out at me.  Any hints (time stamp) on where the problem is?

Mostly when I fly over the tower. To me it looks like there is a slight side to side horizontal wobble in the objects. Maybe try watching full screen in YouTube?  Perhaps I’m just seeing things or expecting too much, but I haven’t noticed this in other videos.
2018-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Berg I Imagery Posted at 2018-3-10 05:28
Mostly when I fly over the tower. To me it looks like there is a slight side to side horizontal wobble in the objects. Maybe try watching full screen in YouTube?  Perhaps I’m just seeing things or expecting too much, but I haven’t noticed this in other videos.

Did you have apas on it looks like it was moving slightly.
2018-3-10
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

Berg I Imagery Posted at 2018-3-10 05:28

Seems normal footage to me...a slight left/right movement is expected when flying a drone, gps positioning has a small inherent drift and wind can also affect the position..after all it is a drone not a dolly.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

That's normal; all DJI drones will drift in the air whenever it's not in the VPS range. As ggeorgis have said, GPS positioning has a small (1 metre / 3 ft) drift. However, it's not noticeable at all when you capture things that are far away
2018-3-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always expect a slight variance when in GPS mode  
2018-3-10
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
United States

Thanks guys. I appreciate the reassurance.  I’m fairly certain APAS wasn’t enabled, but it sounds like this is pretty much expected.
2018-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did not notice a problem.
2018-3-10
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed while flying mine  over the last few days that APAS will make it jump sideways (literally!) if even a bee buzzes by too close.  I know you said your APAS was off, but something to be aware of in the future.
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Berg, it looks like the VPS detects the obstacle and brake for a short time. No worries.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules