Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
lost my brand new magic pro
7982 100 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-16 10:14
I'm just saying the aircraft can follow the same underlying principal that WiFi Android devices do regardless of having an internal SIM card or not. If DJI incorporated Google Find My Device Application into DJI GO 4 then I'm sure that would solve a lot of location problems with fliers losing complete tracking of their drone. Whenever I check Find My Device Android App it tells me exactly where the device is or was last recorded by displaying the exact last time and location. There are an inordinate amount of Google servers as opposed to servers that DJI uses, and so I'm just saying how can incorporating Find My Device on Android into DJI GO 4 not be beneficial and an improvement to DJI drones?

"There are an inordinate amount of Google servers as opposed to servers that DJI uses,"
"but can connect to Google Servers that are more dispersed and populated over flying areas"

The amount of servers is not the issue. Nor is diversity of Google servers.  The servers only collect data.  The servers do not have transmitter capability.
Your Android phone is sending tracking data to Cell Phone towers or via open WiFi.  Which is then relayed through internet to servers.

WiFi tracking would only work if drone was in range of open WiFi.
For Cellular tracking, DJI would have to add transceiver capabilities of cellphones.
2018-3-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-16 15:05
"There are an inordinate amount of Google servers as opposed to servers that DJI uses,"
"but can connect to Google Servers that are more dispersed and populated over flying areas"

I don't see how when you're in the business of making and selling drones that travel miles away and return to home why it wouldn't be useful or essential to incorporate the best tracking technologies that exist currently? If we have it with our smart devices, we should have it with our smart drones, case closed. It works out not to be more of a cost DJI has to incur, as many people encounter a fly-away that isn't their fault per say but most of the time they complain to DJI because the drone was lost as a result. DJI ends of having to allocate company resources to these complaints, not to mention sometimes sending new replacement drones or even refunding the cost of the drone paid by customers. If these loss prevention capabilities are added, the increased cost and additional price charged is minimal compared to the costs and time wasted that exist currently arising from lost drones. It's simple supply and demand curve econonics that shifts the demand curve outward because there's a change in technology, which means more consumers would be consuming drones because the technology is more reliant, hence everyone wins.
2018-3-16
Use props
frankengels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-16 21:36
I don't see how when you're in the business of making and selling drones that travel miles away and return to home why it wouldn't be useful or essential to incorporate the best tracking technologies that exist currently? If we have it with our smart devices, we should have it with our smart drones, case closed. It works out not to be more of a cost DJI has to incur, as many people encounter a fly-away that isn't their fault per say but most of the time they complain to DJI because the drone was lost as a result. DJI ends of having to allocate company resources to these complaints, not to mention sometimes sending new replacement drones or even refunding the cost of the drone paid by customers. If these loss prevention capabilities are added, the increased cost and additional price charged is minimal compared to the costs and time wasted that exist currently arising from lost drones. It's simple supply and demand curve econonics that shifts the demand curve outward because there's a change in technology, which means more consumers would be consuming drones because the technology is more reliant, hence everyone wins.

Basically the idea is good,
But there are some RF (Radio Frequencies) overlapping band problems which could cause a poor connection between the controller and the aircraft. And even if these would be managed the range would drop.
Let me develop:
The frequency rage of a 3G network is from 1.8 to 2.5Ghz, so full overlapping the authorised 2,4Ghz for public use, and the 4G network is from 2-8Ghz so even overlapping the  authorised 5.8Ghz for public use.
Naturally this could be managed by the aircraft switching the RC frequency if the current channel is used by the mobile network.
Knowing that the GSM specifications are allowing a sending power up to 2W and the max sending power of the Mavic is 1,6W (FCC) the signal isolation is more difficult and the controllable range will drop strongly.
The 2G with EDGE (0.75 -1.8Ghz) is the only mobile network mode which is not interfering with public authorised frequencies. But the old 2G is nearly end of life, in some countries it has already turned off and most of them will turn it off in 2020.

To eliminate the problem with overlapping frequencies this transponder could used like an ELT (Emergency Locator Transmitter) in real airplanes but connecting to the mobile network  Basically it is getting active when a crash is detected or lost connection to the controller for a long time. This would than also need an autonomous power.

Even this would not help every time, as at least in Europe until now we are only allowed in non build up area where in my experience the mobile network reception is very often really bad, especially when the drone is on the ground.

It seems that with the 5G network drones could be included in the 5G network and controlled using the 5G, but here I am asking myself how to control them wen no 5G available.

I the mean time you could have a look for a drone tracking transponder already available:
http://3dinsider.com/best-gps-drone-trackers/
2018-3-17
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-16 06:42
Just cause you say that is the first time I posted it, doesn't make it so. Search again.

I quoted every post of yours in this thread, in its entirety.

Again, thanks for playing.
2018-3-17
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know all too well the feeling of a lost drone.  DO NOT BOTHER with trying to get it replaced VIA DJI.  I can promise you, they won't do a THING for you... Even with DJI Care.   DJI Care is a TOTAL and complete rip off.   Your FAR better off getting some sort of insurance from a 3rd party.  In NO WAY should you trust DJI.
2018-3-21
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-16 21:36

DJI will NOT implement a "Tracking" feature, because if you lose your drone,  they will make more money off you because you need to replace your drone.   FACT
2018-3-21
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankengels Posted at 2018-3-17 08:04
Basically the idea is good,
But there are some RF (Radio Frequencies) overlapping band problems which could cause a poor connection between the controller and the aircraft. And even if these would be managed the range would drop.
Let me develop:

...Or, just do it the DJI way & buy the newest model drone.
2018-3-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Lost your Magic?
2018-3-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it was 50/50 Mavic or Spark
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-3-21 15:39
DJI will NOT implement a "Tracking" feature, because if you lose your drone,  they will make more money off you because you need to replace your drone.   FACT

I guess so - that seems like the case. Thanks.
2018-3-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-3-21 15:39

What type of tracking would you suggest ?

Most are too short range to be of much practical use, while the better ones rely on cell-phone system to rely information back. No use at all when no cell network available.
2018-3-21
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-21 16:31
What type of tracking would you suggest ?

Most are too short range to be of much practical use, while the better ones rely on cell-phone system to rely information back. No use at all when no cell network available.

How about a fishing line attached to the thing... so that if you loose the drone, just reel it back in.   "DJI:  We make the most EXPENSIVE kites in the world"  ... Soon to be their new tag line.

2018-3-21
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-21 15:50
I guess so - that seems like the case. Thanks.

Trust me brother.  I have gone at it with DJI.   Don't EVEN bother with "Support"  if your new to DJI.   Know this.  Support does NOT EXIST with DJI... Your TRULY on your own...  After they sold the product to you, they have ZERO intention of offering ANY support.  
Get insurance from a third party... Check with your insurance carrier.  I hear State Farm will write policies for drone owners.   I haven't really looking into it, since I lost my Spark in September, I haven't really flow more than a day (TOTAL)... I just don't trust DJI.   So I have 2 birds in storage, just sitting there.  Not getting used.   DJI Support killed my mojo for DJI products.   I just cannot throw my $1000 drone in the sky, KNOWING that I am TOTALLY on my own, even with DJI Care.  
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-3-21 17:31
Trust me brother.  I have gone at it with DJI.   Don't EVEN bother with "Support"  if your new to DJI.   Know this.  Support does NOT EXIST with DJI... Your TRULY on your own...  After they sold the product to you, they have ZERO intention of offering ANY support.  
Get insurance from a third party... Check with your insurance carrier.  I hear State Farm will write policies for drone owners.   I haven't really looking into it, since I lost my Spark in September, I haven't really flow more than a day (TOTAL)... I just don't trust DJI.   So I have 2 birds in storage, just sitting there.  Not getting used.   DJI Support killed my mojo for DJI products.   I just cannot throw my $1000 drone in the sky, KNOWING that I am TOTALLY on my own, even with DJI Care.

Really, jeez sad to hear that and now I'm wondering if my Spark that is only two months old needs servicing of its camera given the stabilization issues I'm having when going side to side. I'm going to take a video and post it to the boards of when I'm filming in GPS mode going side to side and seeing the sudden stabilization issues that weren't there before.

I will say the DJI Administrators on this site forum are pretty good but undoubtedly are inundated with loads of requests themselves. I hope DJI gets better at customer service and support and I agree with you on my several calls to DJI Support the technical support representative needed to constantly put me on hold to get answers to simple questions?
2018-3-21
Use props
frankengels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

Trust me brother.  I have gone at it with DJI.   Don't EVEN bother with "Support"  if your new to DJI.   Know this.  Support does NOT EXIST with DJI... Your TRULY on your own...  After they sold the product to you, they have ZERO intention of offering ANY support.  
Get insurance from a third party... Check with your insurance carrier.  I hear State Farm will write policies for drone owners.   I haven't really looking into it, since I lost my Spark in September, I haven't really flow more than a day (TOTAL)... I just don't trust DJI.   So I have 2 birds in storage, just sitting there.  Not getting used.   DJI Support killed my mojo for DJI products.   I just cannot throw my $1000 drone in the sky, KNOWING that I am TOTALLY on my own, even with DJI Care.

Interesting and not good.
The only thing II know, is that my father had a good experience, he declared a technical issue (IMU error) and in less than 2 weeks he got a replacement, without DJI Care.
I have some more friends with DJI drones and so far nothing to declare.

In the other hand I have  some more of RC plains and helicopters (12g-12kg) and here anyway nobody is taking care except myself :-)
2018-3-21
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-3-17 12:39
I quoted every post of yours in this thread, in its entirety.

Again, thanks for playing.

Just saying so, once again doesn't make it so......... I have posted this in multiple threads as well.

Sorry you can't search, or find what you claim isn't there. That however, is no kind of argument. Troll.
2018-3-25
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Listen to this guy, words of wisdom here.
2018-3-25
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.4

People like this is why we have to check our drones in and out on cruise ships
2018-3-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I feel that people who have had bad experiences with support are pretty vocal here. Fortunately, I've had the opposite. I requested 2 small pieces to be replaced from my drone (back light cover, sd slot cover) and they gave me a new drone without telling me. I availed DJI Care once and they never questioned me either. Please don't give up hope. I hope you find your drone soon!
2018-3-25
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-25 05:51
Just saying so, once again doesn't make it so......... I have posted this in multiple threads as well.

Sorry you can't search, or find what you claim isn't there. That however, is no kind of argument. Troll.

I don't need to search other forums, or other threads, or other posts, or the entire internet, to prove your claims. You made the claim, you prove it. But, quite simply, in THIS thread, you made two claims: (1) That you intended to fly at Disneyland, and (2) That your first mention of Disneyland included that you were going to get a permit. Your 2nd claim is untrue - your first mention of flying at Disneyland in this thread did not mention getting a permit, and expecting people to search in unrelated threads is ridiculous. Searching outside of this thread is therefore unnecessary, and also unreasonable. But you know that. You were also incorrect in saying that the flight restrictions over Disneyland that I mentioned were wrong. http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3635.html
You're right about one thing, however, you are a troll.
2018-3-26
Use props
NerdyGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Read this:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced