Spark image transmission signal weak
12013 20 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Hi!!!I have a problem with the dji spark (combo). When I'm gone 50-100 meters I get a message "image transmission signal weak" I have dji go4 (4.2.6) and android 7. What can happen? with otg cable will work better;Hi!!!I have a problem with the dji spark (combo). When I'm gone 50-100 meters I get a message "image transmission signal weak" I have dji go4 (4.2.6) and android 7. What can happen? with otg cable will work better;

2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Which mobile device do you use? How about changing to another place without interference? Please help us confirm the current status, thanks!
2018-3-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

If you look in the lower left corner of your screen there is an arrow representing your drone.  Yaw it until it points back at you and fly the drone closer until the video comes back on.  I don't trust RTH.

I had the video cut out this evening so I pointed the spark back at myself and started to return.  The video came back on immediately and never failed again during the flight even though I stayed the same distance away.  Looking at the video from the memory card, I could see that I had turned the Spark to point right back at myself like the arrow showed on my screen.  Perfect.
2018-3-11
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

What band are you using for the connection between the RC and the Spark ? It's the number in the upper right corner of DJI GO 4 App. If it shows 5,8Ghz it's completely normal. European regulations allow about 20x less power for this band (there is a whole lot of European users with this problem).

Most of European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band so you can't switch the channel between the RC and Spark to 2,4GHz (much more allowed power, much better range) using WiFi only connection. The only way to do that is to use the OTG cable. For that you have to downgrade the DJI GO 4 App to 4.1.15 or lower (I am on 4.1.14) as the newer versions do not show essential flight data. DJI promised to bring the OTG back but ... it has been five months and still nothing ....
2018-3-11
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-11 23:19
What band are you using for the connection between the RC and the Spark ? It's the number in the upper right corner of DJI GO 4 App. If it shows 5,8Ghz it's completely normal. European regulations allow about 20x less power for this band (there is a whole lot of European users with this problem).

Most of European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band so you can't switch the channel between the RC and Spark to 2,4GHz (much more allowed power, much better range) using WiFi only connection. The only way to do that is to use the OTG cable. For that you have to downgrade the DJI GO 4 App to 4.1.15 or lower (I am on 4.1.14) as the newer versions do not show essential flight data. DJI promised to bring the OTG back but ... it has been five months and still nothing ....

It uses 5.8ghz when it is connected to wifi. When I connect it with otg then it shows 2.4 ghz. The problem is that otg does not work with any options like rth and obstacle avoidance. I do not know why. Maybe because I have the most recent version dji go4 (4.2.6) How do I downgrade dji go4 from 4.2.6 to 4.1.15? Thank you for the answer !!!
2018-3-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-3-12 05:34
It uses 5.8ghz when it is connected to wifi. When I connect it with otg then it shows 2.4 ghz. The problem is that otg does not work with any options like rth and obstacle avoidance. I do not know why. Maybe because I have the most recent version dji go4 (4.2.6) How do I downgrade dji go4 from 4.2.6 to 4.1.15? Thank you for the answer !!!

Synchronize your flight data first so you don't loose them. After that you have to uninstall the DJI Go 4 App and download an older version. I am on 4.1.14 because it allows me to choose the band everytime I power on the Spark https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-14-release/ . Download the variant starting with the 1xxxx if you have a phone or 2xxxx if you have a tablet. After the download you have to allow the installation of unsigned applications on android and then you can install the older one from the APK file. Turn off the automatic updates afterwards or it will get updated to the newest version.

You can try DJI GO 4 4.1.15 as well. It is the last one working with an OTG cable but the problem of this version is that if you manually choose the 2,4GHz band, you won't be able to turn it back to automatic without resetting the Sparks wifi and pairing it again with the RC.
2018-3-12
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-12 06:10
Synchronize your flight data first so you don't loose them. After that you have to uninstall the DJI Go 4 App and download an older version. I am on 4.1.14 because it allows me to choose the band everytime I power on the Spark https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-14-release/ . Download the variant starting with the 1xxxx if you have a phone or 2xxxx if you have a tablet. After the download you have to allow the installation of unsigned applications on android and then you can install the older one from the APK file. Turn off the automatic updates afterwards or it will get updated to the newest version.

You can try DJI GO 4 4.1.15 as well. It is the last one working with an OTG cable but the problem of this version is that if you manually choose the 2,4GHz band, you won't be able to turn it back to automatic without resetting the Sparks wifi and pairing it again with the RC.

Thank you thank you!!!! I made it!!! now I can see if she works
2018-3-12
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-11 23:19

Most of European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band so you can't switch the channel between the RC and Spark to 2,4GHz (much more allowed power, much better range) using WiFi only connection. The only way to do that is to use the OTG cable. For that you have to downgrade the DJI GO 4 App to 4.1.15 or lower (I am on 4.1.14) as the newer versions do not show essential flight data. DJI promised to bring the OTG back but ... it has been five months and still nothing ....

Absolutely spot on! Had the same problem from July 2017. The only real resolve in the UK using Android phones is the OTG option, used my friends Mavic the other night in the exact location i could not get further than 30M without losing video and went an entire mile away with no loss of video whatsoever which was a really odd feeling
2018-3-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-3-12 07:58
Absolutely spot on! Had the same problem from July 2017. The only real resolve in the UK using Android phones is the OTG option, used my friends Mavic the other night in the exact location i could not get further than 30M without losing video and went an entire mile away with no loss of video whatsoever which was a really odd feeling

Yeah, the problem exists since the Spark was released, I knew about the range problems even when I was buying it but I didn't really care at that time since every review I saw mentioned a workaround, the OTG cable. It was an elegant solution that worked fine even though it was never oficially supported.

That's why so many European users got really mad when DJI GO 4 4.1.18 got out and broke it ... we've been waiting for the fix ever since (almost half a year by now ...). But it seems that DJI doesn't really care.
2018-3-12
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-12 09:26
Yeah, the problem exists since the Spark was released, I knew about the range problems even when I was buying it but I didn't really care at that time since every review I saw mentioned a workaround, the OTG cable. It was an elegant solution that worked fine even though it was never oficially supported.

That's why so many European users got really mad when DJI GO 4 4.1.18 got out and broke it ... we've been waiting for the fix ever since (almost half a year by now ...). But it seems that DJI doesn't really care.

It is unclear what the spark has. The best one would be to operate the otg with the latest dji go4 application. But she does not care very much about dji and does not respect the money we give to her products. An alternative that I suggested to dji greece is to send the spark to change the FCC regulation at a cost of 30 euros and to have the latest version of dji go4. It's right
2018-3-13
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-12 09:26

To be honest I didn't know about the range issue prior to buying my Spark. SO I assumed it was a problem they could fix and regularly flooded the boards on here in a desperate bid to find a resolution.....

DJI very rarely replied and probably see me as a troll even though i am just simply trying to sort the problem myself and other Android UK pilots are facing.

The only real replies were - Try a different device or location. Tried both no resolve for me. I am aware this is just how it is now after nearly a year! The new Mavic Air and this years new DJI product are taking the companies time and focus, understandably; so now i just open a cupboard in my kitchen and shout into it as it is equally as useful!

To reiterate I LOVE MY DJI SPARK and DJI ARE AN AMAZING COMPANY!!!!!
2018-3-13
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-3-13 08:16
To be honest I didn't know about the range issue prior to buying my Spark. SO I assumed it was a problem they could fix and regularly flooded the boards on here in a desperate bid to find a resolution.....

DJI very rarely replied and probably see me as a troll even though i am just simply trying to sort the problem myself and other Android UK pilots are facing.

Dji is a good company, but it should show a lot more interest in some problems, especially when you spend some money. Now with the spark it is as if we are joking when it says that it has a range of 2km while it goes up to 100 meters with the problem of the application dji go4. They are obliged to correct it altogether many of its customers will flee.Especially now that there is xiaomi with very good (do not say better) drones.
2018-3-13
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-3-13 10:43
Dji is a good company, but it should show a lot more interest in some problems, especially when you spend some money. Now with the spark it is as if we are joking when it says that it has a range of 2km while it goes up to 100 meters with the problem of the application dji go4. They are obliged to correct it altogether many of its customers will flee.Especially now that there is xiaomi with very good (do not say better) drones.

Advertised max range for the Europe is 500m. 2km distance is for the US. Still, the real distance 50-100m you get in Europe via WiFi is a bad joke.

I do agree that Spark is amazing little thing though. I have it since the last summer and it never let me down. Ok, maybe except one time when I was shooting frozen waterfalls and the Spark got problems shooting panorama (camera refused to turn up and pano timed out), but that was at -10 degrees celsius and even my camera (Nikon) was powering off . Once I warmed it up it worked flawlessly again.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-13 10:59
Advertised max range for the Europe is 500m. 2km distance is for the US. Still, the real distance 50-100m you get in Europe via WiFi is a bad joke.

I do agree that Spark is amazing little thing though. I have it since the last summer and it never let me down. Ok, maybe except one time when I was shooting frozen waterfalls and the Spark got problems shooting panorama (camera refused to turn up and pano timed out), but that was at -10 degrees celsius and even my camera (Nikon) was powering off . Once I warmed it up it worked flawlessly again.

First time I hear this. I thought the 2cm applies if there is a combo version. Why is it only in the US? Changing the FCC setting is right to be done;
2018-3-13
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-3-13 11:23
First time I hear this. I thought the 2cm applies if there is a combo version. Why is it only in the US? Changing the FCC setting is right to be done;

The offcial specs are as follows:

Max Transmission Distance        
2.412 - 2.462 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m)
SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m); MIC: 0.3 mi (500 m)

5.745 - 5.825 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m)
SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km); MIC: -

FCC is US specification, CE is Europe and SRRC is China i believe. You can't officialy change the mode to FCC as the correct specs are chosen automatically through your GPS location. There is a workaround by using a modified (hacked) version of DJI GO 4 app. And as to the distance difference, different specs allow different max transmiting power and the European one is by far the most restrictive ....
2018-3-13
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same here. Not that I have the ambition to fly my spark out of sight but if you loose signal sometimes after 50m it's not ok. So I will first try the OTG solution (with Android device) and if not ok I might switch to FCC if situation requires it. Btw, I always fly in totally wifi-free environments.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-13 11:38
The offcial specs are as follows:

Max Transmission Distance        

You are very informative. I honestly learned many times that I did not know. Thank you very match!!!
I wish the dji to make the application and work otg in version 4.2.6 dji go4 !!!
2018-3-13
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-13 10:59

I do agree that Spark is amazing little thing though. I have it since the last summer and it never let me down. Ok, maybe except one time when I was shooting frozen waterfalls and the Spark got problems shooting panorama (camera refused to turn up and pano timed out), but that was at -10 degrees celsius and even my camera (Nikon) was powering off . Once I warmed it up it worked flawlessly again.

Yeah exactly. I really haven't had any major problems, never crashed or had compass dramas.
Just weak signal, lack of 360 pano's and the recent issue is that DJIGO4 no longer lets me download images or videos and once i've taken videos off the SD they have to be converted to MP4 as they no longer play on my phone.

Video lag been there since day one In the EU (especially with android phones)
360 used to work beautifully they don't anymore.
My app used to have the images and videos ready as soon as i landed and i could download them, they no longer even appear in the app and the video format has obviously changed now as i never used to have to use a media converter just to even view my videos.  

Minor admin issues not worth addressing.... tumbleweeds roll by.

Best resolve... Deal with it, stop moaning (as in talking to myself no one else here) and do those extra bits of admin and carry on enjoying flying my AWESOME SPARK MADE BY AN AWESOME COMPANY THAT I LOVE!!! xxxx
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_5TmFEs7xX3YS
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 20:29
Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Which mobile device do you use? How about changing to another place without interference? Please help us confirm the current status, thanks!

Hi, i have this same issue and cannot figure out how to fix it. I have the spark. 2 weeks old. Tried all these tips. Still won't go more than 50-100m without losing image transmission. I have the otg cable. Galaxy s9. Please help
2019-3-16
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

djiuser_5TmFEs7xX3YS Posted at 3-16 13:04
Hi, i have this same issue and cannot figure out how to fix it. I have the spark. 2 weeks old. Tried all these tips. Still won't go more than 50-100m without losing image transmission. I have the otg cable. Galaxy s9. Please help

I think the first question is, does the place you are taking off belongs to the FCC region or CE region.

If it belongs to the CE region, it is almost expected of the short range that you can stay connected. Under ideal conditions, the maximum distance is 500m for 2.4Ghz band, and 300m for 5.8Ghz band.

Those pilots who can fly with a range of 2km are using the FCC mode, which means either they are in the FCC region, or mod their Spark to fly in FCC mode.

Happy flying.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5TmFEs7xX3YS Posted at 3-16 13:04

Hi there, may I know what's your current location? And are you flying with 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz? You may adjust the antenna's direction during the flight and see whether it helps.
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules