AIR - Smart batteries or not?
623 8 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

Hi all. I noticed that my batteries are not discharging automatically even after several days... i could not find anywhere in the dji go app the option to select dischard window period.

Arent these smart batteries?
2018-3-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

They do it automatically after being idle for 10 days and you cannot change the setting.
2018-3-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

If Air's batteries otherwise work like them for Pro, then the countdown for auto-discharge resets each time the battery button is pressed. In other words; do not check the voltage on the batteries before a few weeks have elapsed.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, it's the intelligent battery. Like the answers above, the battery will auto-discharge after 10 days. And if you check the battery during this time, the time will be reset.
2018-3-10
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-10 01:55
Yes, it's the intelligent battery. Like the answers above, the battery will auto-discharge after 10 days. And if you check the battery during this time, the time will be reset.

Thx. Also what about the question whether they are LiPo or LiCoO2?
2018-3-10
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Crazyant Posted at 2018-3-10 02:47
Thx. Also what about the question whether they are LiPo or LiCoO2?

They are LiPo as in Lithium Polymer, using LiCoO2 or Lithium Cobolt Oxide in their electrodes
2018-3-10
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

They are lipo and why in the world would u leave your batteries charged for several days so they can discharge themselves???   U should never leave them fully charged for more then a day.   U should go have a read about lipo's or their cycle life will be very short. Abd will not perform correctly! Never discharge them past 20% and if u do leave them somewhat charged it should be at storage charge. 30% is sufficient
2018-3-10
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Switzerland

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-10 20:08
They are lipo and why in the world would u leave your batteries charged for several days so they can discharge themselves???   U should never leave them fully charged for more then a day.   U should go have a read about lipo's or their cycle life will be very short. Abd will not perform correctly! Never discharge them past 20% and if u do leave them somewhat charged it should be at storage charge. 30% is sufficient

Dude you didnt get the question. In P4 series you could choose after how many days, discharging would kick-in. I usually had 3 days. My question was, that I could not find this option for the Mavic Air and I have noticed that after several days, the batteries did not get discharged. So now I understood that you cannot change this parameter for the air and that it takes 10 days for the discharge to take place.
2018-3-11
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Unfortunately, these newer DJI drones like the Spark and the Mavic Air have hard coded the auto discharge at 10 days.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules