NAZA-M: How To Safely Switch From RTL
1024 3 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

I have a NAZA-M and experienced a crash that I do not understand the cause of.  After a routine flight the copter was roughly 100m out when I switched to RTL/failsafe (the transmitter was left ON).

The copter had a strong GPS lock and good compass calibration and correctly returned to the launch site.  While it was still hovering and just before attempting to land I attempted to regain control by switching to ATTI.  At that moment the motors stopped in mid-air, then restarted less than a second later and the copter fell to the ground.

This is the second time I have experienced a crash when attempting to switch between RTL/failsafe and another mode like Manual or ATTI and would like to know how I can avoid another crash in the future.  Specifically, once a RTL has been initiated how do you safely switch to another mode without losing control?

Thanks
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Crady, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to send in the device for further analysis to locate the problem, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in at your most convenience.
2018-3-13
Use props
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 02:14
Hi Crady, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to send in the device for further analysis to locate the problem, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in at your most convenience.

Thank you, Mindy
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You are welcome, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules