Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anybody know whats happening to my live feed?
757 8 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Patterson
First Officer
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been having problems with the live image feed between my Phantom 4 Pro and remote/ phone. As you can see in the video it is getting very bad now to a point where i cannot compose a shot.

I have had these problems for while but it keeps getting worse. Another problem i have is when turning the drone on the mobile device says theres "No image tranmission signal".
Ive tried multiple cables but does seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
James
2018-3-10
Use props
fans2b3124a1
New

Netherlands

I have the same problems.
2018-3-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Try changing to the 5.8ghz band.
2018-3-10
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

it all happened  after the dji go 4 app update .16 , before all was good. now i am still coping with this videolag. i have ipad mini 4 , just bought the ipad pro 10.5 inch ,hoping that it solves the videolag , but is still there . with the ipad pro i am turning of videocache which seems to improve a little bit. with the iphone x , i only have videolag so now and then. But somehow dji doesnt got there things right. with app updates aswell firmware updates. whenever there is a update ,things seems to get worse.
2018-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha James,

As Jenee notes turn off the Auto and use the 5.8 GHz option in "Custom".  Then choose the best frequency band as indicated by the graph and legend for the graph of the interference.  

The reason for the change in the update to. 16, noted by Droney, is because any update or upgrade is going to be more demanding on your device.  Try putting your device in "Airplane Mode" before the flight and see if it improves.  If it improves, there are ways to disable and stop device interference from apps running in the background and downloading while you are flying.  Some people who fly with their phones have to shut off their phones because getting and/or answering a phone call can cause a disconnect.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-11
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 2018-3-11 01:41
Aloha James,

As Jenee notes turn off the Auto and use the 5.8 GHz option in "Custom".  Then choose the best frequency band as indicated by the graph and legend for the graph of the interference.  

I have to use 2.4 ghz , its better here in europe . I also cannot switch to custom.
I switched off everything you said, also the video cache. N apps on the background and put ut in airlplane mode. Bluetooth also off.

Still get lag , but i think i have to live with it as dji is not going solving this or they havent got a clue what they are doing.
With every new fw update they probsbly solve 1 issue , and at the same time causing 2 or more other issues.

Also noticed in the airdata uav , sensors ,  flightrecords iused to be all on 0 , nowadays it goes upto 80 minor issues( still in green) sometimes a few seconds in red due to signal lost)it all looks very unstable after all these updates.
2018-3-11
Use props
Kevin Halle
Captain
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that issue once. I uninstalled DJI Go4 and reinstalled it. Worked fine after that.
2018-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-3-11 02:29
I have to use 2.4 ghz , its better here in europe . I also cannot switch to custom.
I switched off everything you said, also the video cache. N apps on the background and put ut in airlplane mode. Bluetooth also off.

Aloha drony,

Have you completely uninstalled and then installed a fresh version (freshly downloaded) of DJI GO 4 like Kevin suggested?  You might also want to refresh the firmware for the remote controller and aircraft.

You are having major issues that indicate software and device problems.  What are the specs on your iPAD Mini 4?  It was introduced three years ago with iOS 9 but is upgradable to 11.2.5.  But I wonder if that is the one giving other iOS users problems and if so is there still a problem.  Have you checked into that?  As for iOS devices, I do not do Apple well, so someone else might be able to help you better.

A big problem with devices is that not only do they become under powered as newer editions of DJI GO 4 come out, the older operating systems are also generally not able to handle the newer software due to more efficient software developments.  Have you been able to borrow a newer Apple product to test if the problem is the device or the bird?  If you can, you might want to try an Android product for that test.  One way or the other you have to see if the problems are device related, firmware update related or hardware related.  Let us know!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-12
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

I fly my P4 standard with a iPhone 7 Plus. When I got my AC a year ago, my video feed was solid. NEVER ever had any problems, regardless of the range of the AC to RC. Left all telemetry settings on Auto.

Updated to .12 and ever since, my video signal is 25% of what is used to be. Not sure what the cause is. Is the Go software too demanding for the device? Maybe, but what could they have added in the update that would cause that much higher drain on the phones resources?

I'm not buying it. I think this is a gradual degradation of range that will continue that will meet future regulatory requirements regarding flying sUAS's. I realize it is just the video feed, but a flying camera without a good video signal is worthless to the user.

I already have only a few areas that I can fly in now, and it appears to be getting worse. Yes, nice $1,200 curio on the mantle at times.

Good luck.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules