Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Roll axis is not working
2141 9 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reddesert
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello, I was out for two weeks to shoot a documentary where I was planning to use my brand new Ronin MX. I lost a lot of time trying to calibrate it but I was unsucessful. I tried it with a Blackmaic Ursa Mini and also with a sony A7s. The results were the same in both cases: even after trying to put the roling axis in the center it drifted al the time. Trying it manually or with the auto tunning was the same. I only could putted it balenced once after lossing a lot of time with the remote control to control de roll axis. Although, when I had to switch it off to chenge the battery, the roll axis went wrong again, making the ronin mx unusable again. What should I do? Send it back to you? I really thing it is a ronin problem, not mine. I use to have the ronin m and this have never happened to me before. Even reseting does not work at all. With the presets, the same thing happens. Thank you
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Can you post a video on here on what you are seeing? Please send me a personal message as well letting me know what steps you have taken. Ultimately, you may want to have a technician look at your aircraft.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Here is a list of cameras most compatible with the Ronin MX: The Ronin-MX supports a wide variety of camera systems that weigh less than 4.5kg (10lbs). This includes ARRI ALEXA Mini, Canon 5D MK III, Panasonic GH3, Black Magic Cinema Camera, Canon 6D, Panasonic GH4, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera, Canon 7D, RED EPIC, Canon 1Dc, Canon C100, Sony Alpha 7 Series, Canon 5D MK II, Nikon D800. The Ronin-MX can be easily balanced and auto-tunes to support your preferred setup.

If you have access to one of these cameras, try balancing the Ronin MX with one of these. In addition, it helps to Auto -tune through the software.
2018-3-12
Use props
reddesert
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 09:27
Here is a list of cameras most compatible with the Ronin MX: The Ronin-MX supports a wide variety of camera systems that weigh less than 4.5kg (10lbs). This includes ARRI ALEXA Mini, Canon 5D MK III, Panasonic GH3, Black Magic Cinema Camera, Canon 6D, Panasonic GH4, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera, Canon 7D, RED EPIC, Canon 1Dc, Canon C100, Sony Alpha 7 Series, Canon 5D MK II, Nikon D800. The Ronin-MX can be easily balanced and auto-tunes to support your preferred setup.

If you have access to one of these cameras, try balancing the Ronin MX with one of these. In addition, it helps to Auto -tune through the software.

Sony A7S is one of the list and it's a very common camera used with gimbals. I really think the problems comes with the equipment itself. Even Blackmagic should work with it (with counterweights). It'+s not so different from the Alexa mini and it was working with the ronin m (I changed the ronin to MX because the weight in ronin m was almost getting the maximum load and I was being forced to use a crap plastic lens to use with it. That is why I bought the MX.
2018-3-12
Use props
reddesert
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 09:27

If you have access to one of these cameras, try balancing the Ronin MX with one of these. In addition, it helps to Auto -tune through the software.

Thank you for your help. I will try to make a video tomorrow and post it here. Thank you again for your help.
2018-3-12
Use props
reddesert
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 09:24
Can you post a video on here on what you are seeing? Please send me a personal message as well letting me know what steps you have taken. Ultimately, you may want to have a technician look at your aircraft.

Thank you for your help. I will try to make a video tomorrow and post it here. Thank you again for your help.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

reddesert Posted at 2018-3-12 10:16

Thank you for your time regarding the video. While I am assuming you are using the Ronin MX Assistant Software, it helps worth repeating to install this software on your computer if you have not done so and update and firmware as well.
2018-3-12
Use props
reddesert
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 11:36
Thank you for your time regarding the video. While I am assuming you are using the Ronin MX Assistant Software, it helps worth repeating to install this software on your computer if you have not done so and update and firmware as well.

Hello, the firmware is updated. I tried in the computer and in the iPhone APP. Botha are the same. The roll axis has a serious problem. Here goes the video. Thank you for your help.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

reddesert Posted at 2018-3-13 05:05
Hello, the firmware is updated. I tried in the computer and in the iPhone APP. Botha are the same. The roll axis has a serious problem. Here goes the video. Thank you for your help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jad33N5ytT8&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for your well detailed video. You may need to have a technician look at your Ronin. Can you send me a personal message and advise on where you are located? Of course, you can set up for a repair here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-3-13
Use props
fans6fe003e1
New

United States

reddesert Posted at 2018-3-13 05:05
Hello, the firmware is updated. I tried in the computer and in the iPhone APP. Botha are the same. The roll axis has a serious problem. Here goes the video. Thank you for your help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jad33N5ytT8&feature=youtu.be

I’m having this same issue for weeks now and it’s driving me crazy. We’re you ever able to fix the problem?
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules