Top of prop bolts shearing off on M600.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50bb079f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7375 ft
United States

Have had this occur twice now in short time frame on same bird. Factory stripes still in original position,  no tightening,  or modifications.  Have concerns for test of our fleet. Anyone else have this issue occur?
2018-3-10
Use props
fans50bb079f
lvl.1
United States

Top of prop bolts shearing off on M600.

Have had this occur twice now in short time frame on same bird. Factory stripes still in original position,  no tightening,  or modifications.  Have concerns for test of our fleet. Anyone else have this issue occur?
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Could you upload some pictures or videos for better assistance? Thanks so much!
2018-3-10
Use props
fans50bb079f
lvl.1
United States

Susan
Thanks for the response,  I'm in the field right now and don't have any pics I can upload. Honestly though there is very, very little to see.  The top of the prop bolt is simply sheared off right at the point where the head transitions to the shaft.  At this time due to concerns about the rest of the bolts, we are simply replacing all six folding prop assemblies on the bird and will monitor it closely.  Something that would be a great help from DJI is some kind of idea of what is the factory standard for torquing these particular bolts prior to your marking the alignment stripes.  We all have our own ideas of what this value is but DJI could be extremely helpful and let us know what this value is from the factory.
2018-3-12
Use props
BloodhoundGypsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154928 ft
United States

Same here.  We've sheared 3 in the last two weeks.  2 in one day.  It seems that the heads of the screws are too small to withstand all of the vibration.  
2018-4-25
Use props
BloodhoundGypsy
lvl.3
United States

Here's a picture
2018-4-25
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2
United States

i wonder if this is related at all to the fact that at some point DJI seems to have changed the size of the screws which hold the props on the E1200 series?

nobody from DJI has responded here https://forum.dji.com/thread-145272-1-1.html but the design of the E2000 and E1200 series seems similar other than size.
2018-4-27
Use props
BloodhoundGypsy
lvl.3
United States

sftmthd Posted at 2018-4-27 07:14
i wonder if this is related at all to the fact that at some point DJI seems to have changed the size of the screws which hold the props on the E1200 series?

nobody from DJI has responded here https://forum.dji.com/thread-145272-1-1.html but the design of the E2000 and E1200 series seems similar other than size.

That's interesting.  We have replaced all of ours with bigger screws, but I don't like it either.  When we went to take some of the others off, they sheared just by touching them so they were ready to break on the next flight.  
2018-4-30
Use props
sfmthd
lvl.2

wow. i’ve removed a lot of mine and never had one be anything but intact.

i have no way of knowing when the props i got with the smaller screws were made, but it seems more likely to me that they made them smaller rather than larger since i only saw the issue on the last set.

it would be nice if someone from DJI responded!
2018-4-30
Use props
Lammert de Graaf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 382001 ft
Netherlands

Hi there, Also a broken prop screw here. Are there any replacement screws which are better? This is obviously a manufacturing defect. The props that are now on my machine are almost 2.5 months old and have just made about a 100 flights. I replaced these props after recommendation from someone who said that the attachment point or screw could just break (see photo)
2018-5-29
Use props
djiuser_vVl7PHvlRXHz
New

Australia

Our M600 Pro is grounded till at least one set is replaced. Looks like the recess where the allen key goes in is too deep and leaves very little material on the shaft. My supplier sourced a pair of screws but they are larger than the original and wont fit. Maybe a new version is out but they havnt told us yet?
2018-11-21
Use props
Choppy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160894282 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Doing more research and it does look as though DJI have changed the size of the screws at some stage of the production.
Helipal have these : http://www.helipal.com/dji-e2000 ... peller-adapter.html
and my Australian DJI repair facility confirm with a photo of thiers which is the same.
The shaft where the prop slides onto has bee eliminated in place of a thicker diameter screw and fits the props mounting hole.
Ill be asking if DJI will front up with two whole sets for our two M600P units!
2018-11-26
Use props
AlphaBravo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7356 ft
United States

Good information... Will do this on my 6010 motors.
2019-5-9
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

I can confirm this is a recurring issue with M600's all over the country. Aside from checking for play in the nylon bushing and replacing the props after they start to "loosen" there's no definite way to avoid this aside from completely replacing the assembly with a better assembly.

My personal opinion is to NEVER retighten the screws holding the prop to the assembly. If the stripes haven't moved leave it alone. You're more likely to cause problems by torquing the screw down.
2019-5-13
Use props
fans3593671f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This has happened many many times to my m600pro. I did report a while back with plenty of photos to Dji. Nothing ever happened apart from the usual “we have reported to engineering”. I replaced all screws, leaving the base shaft in with standard hex screws. It’s been nearly 8 months with many mtow flights with absolutely no issues. I just replaced all motors and inspected props. Everything is 100% now. $3 fix from a general hardware store.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules