Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I broke seem to have damaged usb charge port in the remote.
2217 3 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pitarealty
New

United States

i cannot charge my remote controller for my spark.  It seems the micro usb charge port on remote is damaged.  Does anyone know a quick fix or any type of solution? Thank you!
2018-3-10
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118707  This was a previous thread about the same problem...looks like this issue is only going to get worse.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, can you charge your battery? You can connect your drone with DJI Assistant 2 and see if the port is working. If not, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my job I have seen so many devices come in for repair where the manufacturer has used a Micro USB A connector and someone has plugged a Micro USB B connector in upside down and bent the pins or killed the port.

I understand they used micro USB A on the controller and micro USB B on the spark. This, I assume, is because the controller USB port is classed as a OTG connector and the use of Micro USB A for that is standard, however the spark's USB port is just a charge/data port so Micro USB B is used.
The only way DJI could have mitigated damage control for this is to include a Micro USB A cable for the controller and Micro USB B for use in the spark.

I'll bet this is going to start happening with the Mavic Air controllers too as they included a Micro USB B cable with the air to charge the controller when they should have included a Micro USB A to prevent any damage occurring from being connected the wrong way. The Mavic Air uses USB C for data transfer so wont be affected.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules