Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Explain this ...
805 7 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Surprising and unexpected happenings during flight are a part of this business, and DJI is no shy thrilling us in that matter. Two things happen at once today while piloting my newly purchased M200 with standard RC and iPad Air 2. Firstly, a warning about passenger plane approaching popped up, suggesting evasive maneuvers ... Like we need more distracting warnings on screen ... What plane? Nearest airfield is 50 km away, I did my homework ... Whatever, as a model law obeying citizen I landed my drone and waited patiently for big plane to pass by. It happen to be a single engine Cessna, purring laborously a mile away at 1000 m altitude ...
However, immediately after plane approaching warning, one more thing polluted the screen: a picture of DJI Focus Wheel! That's really funny since no such thing is in my set-up and never was before. But the image was sitting there stubbornly until I shut down the system. Never happen again since ... Go figure.

focus wheel.jpg

2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M200 aircraft has installed ADS-B receiver which can receive the signal of passenger aircraft, according to the distance and the speed of the passenger aircraft, the APP will pop-up the warning message, but it will not avoid the passenger aircraft automatically, once you receive the message, we recommend to land the drone safely to the open area until the aircraft flies sway.
For the Focus icon, it may be a false message, please do more tests and let us know if the issue persists.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Sammy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225564 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I was wondering why the M200 is so expensive and is really a worse inspire 2. Take out the cine core and ad the ADS-B and charge a fortune..would be nice if they could provide the cine core for other craft. still waiting for my Osmo 3 handle. Hurry up on that one DJI
2018-3-13
Use props
Robert M Serino
First Officer
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Had a similar pix of a DJI Focus Wheel show on the GO4 screen both 9 and 11 January while flying my M200.  Joseph Mitchell of IntelligentUAS suggested that I submit an online “Bug Feedback” report to DJI.  Did so and when I flew about a week later (and thereafter), everything was OK.
2018-3-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 02:24
M200 aircraft has installed ADS-B receiver which can receive the signal of passenger aircraft, according to the distance and the speed of the passenger aircraft, the APP will pop-up the warning message, but it will not avoid the passenger aircraft automatically, once you receive the message, we recommend to land the drone safely to the open area until the aircraft flies sway.
For the Focus icon, it may be a false message, please do more tests and let us know if the issue persists.

Mindy, I'm aware of this feature, but how to disable it? It's a nice extra layer of safety, but must be used optionally when working within restricted zone of an airport. A passenger plane has no reason nor business to fly in my 500 m thick layer of air 50 km away from airport.
2018-3-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Sammy Posted at 2018-3-13 04:05
I was wondering why the M200 is so expensive and is really a worse inspire 2. Take out the cine core and ad the ADS-B and charge a fortune..would be nice if they could provide the cine core for other craft. still waiting for my Osmo 3 handle. Hurry up on that one DJI

Stop wondering than, Sammy. M200 series is developed to do different things, and cinematic video is not the most important matter in this class.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-13 22:30
Mindy, I'm aware of this feature, but how to disable it? It's a nice extra layer of safety, but must be used optionally when working within restricted zone of an airport. A passenger plane has no reason nor business to fly in my 500 m thick layer of air 50 km away from airport.

It can only receive messages sent by manned aircraft installed with an ADS-B out device and in accordance with 100WS(RTCA DO-260) or UAT (RTCA DO-282), sorry that the function cannot be disabled.
2018-3-15
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback, we will fix it in the next version.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules