Inspire 2 Gimbal Tilt control stopped working - please help
3281 7 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi DJI,

Inspire 2 and X5S, standard controllers (I have two of them) ...
Everything was working perfectly last week with aircraft firmware 01.01.0300

This week, I updated to the latest DJI Go 4 App firmware for Android ... version 4.2.6
I then performed a "safe fly zone" update as recommended in the DJI Go 4 App, the aircraft firmware was previously 01.01.0300
There were no other updates performed.

My Gimbal tilt control "C2 + Right dial" has now stopped working.
Without being able to point the lens down, I cannot photograph or film anything except the sky.

In my attempts to get it working again, I tried the following:

DJI Go 4 App:  Reset Gimbal settings
Tried binding a spare controller, in case it was a controller problem, but same thing happens on both controllers.
Note: when the Inspire 2 powers up, the gimbal does its full dance including gimbal pan control.

I believe it was either the latest "safe fly zone" update to the Inspire 2 or the latest DJI Go 4 app update that has screwed it up.
Could DJI please confirm after testing DJI Go 4 version 4.2.6 with an Inspire 2 with firmware 01.01.0300
Do you have full gimbal control including Gimbal tilt control "C2 + Right dial" ?

Thanks,
Rob

2018-3-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
Sorry for problems you are having. I was wondering if you can move the camera pan and tilt by using the App? tap and hold  the main screen (camera view)  and then move your finger to position the camera.
If this works, then I would go into the Go 4 App and change the C1 and C2 buttons to something else. Afterwards put the C1 and C2 buttons back to your original settings. (its something to try.....

I do not see how the fly safe updates would make any difference in this situation. but you could try refreshing the FW installation or downgrading it back to the previous version.  

Rich

2018-3-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi Rich,

Thank you very much for helping me.  
Which Inspire 2 firmware version and which version of DJI Go 4 app you are using?
I guess from your reply that you are not having the same problem as me, is that correct?  
Can you use C2 + right dial to adjust the tilt up and down?

Many thanks,
Rob
2018-3-11
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

Does the pitch on the front fpv camera work, just wondering if it’s a dial issue or a camera problem.
2018-3-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-11 12:28
Hi Rich,

Thank you very much for helping me.  

Hi Rob

I am not on the latest FW version and I am using Go 4 v 4.26.  also using the Cendence remote which does not use this feature because the right dial control is dedicated full time for this action.

Hope you are able to solve the issues..

Rich
2018-3-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Thank you both very much for your help ...

I've got everything working now, the buttons and wheels on the "standard" controller work differently with latest software, as follows:

Left wheel (no button pressed) = Gimbal tilt
Left wheel with C1 button pressed = Gimbal pan
Right wheel with C2 button pressed = Gimbal roll

The Inspire 2 User manual is incorrect in the operation of gimbal now.  See page 48, wrong!!!

The Gimbal roll function is incredibly slow to operate, requires at least 10 full revolutions of the control wheel to change 5 degrees, you hardly notice anything happening.
It can be adjusted in the gimbal settings of the DJI Go 4 App.

Thanks,
Rob
2018-3-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-12 00:52

I've got everything working now, the buttons and wheels on the "standard" controller work differently with latest software, as follows:

Good job..

Thanks for posting your findings.

Rich
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-12 00:52

I've got everything working now, the buttons and wheels on the "standard" controller work differently with latest software, as follows:

Rob, please enter gimbal setting-advance setting and change the speed of gimbal. Please inform us if you have doubt in it. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules