Please Help!!
861 17 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have had my DJI Spark from about a week after it was released and everything was going fine and working well on my old iPhone 6s (is now broken so I cant go back to it) however ever since I have switched over to my Samsung galaxy s7 I'm always failing to connect and losing the aircraft mid-flight and not evening picking up a signal on my screen anymore it got so bad that every time I want to fly my drone I have to borrow one of my friends iPhones just to make it work.

Does anyone know why it is like this?
Is it the App?
Is it My phone or my controller??

Any Help would be great!!

2018-3-11
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

on android devices you have to disable a lot of features / manipulate some settings - a few threads here in the forum cover the subject pretty well.
2018-3-11
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

on android devices you have to disable a lot of features / manipulate some settings - a few threads here in the forum cover the subject pretty well.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Solestacz Posted at 2018-3-11 05:57

Thank you and is there any chance you could link me to any because i searched and couldn't find any
2018-3-11
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Did you check whether your Samsung phone is in DJI compatibility list ?  Just a thought.

Hope Android phone users will give you a solution.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-11 12:29
Did you check whether your Samsung phone is in DJI compatibility list ?  Just a thought.

Hope Android phone users will give you a solution.

it's a Samsung s7, which isn't that old i assumed it would be
2018-3-11
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips ... go-updated-daily.18
S. s7 should be good!!
2018-3-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

S7 is working fine.
the issue could be with the WiFi frequency. try to connect with an iPhone and check if the WiFi band is 2.4GHz or 5.8. I would recommend to leave that option on Auto. then restart your Spark and see if the S7 is working now.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dj_dread Posted at 2018-3-11 12:49
S7 is working fine.
the issue could be with the WiFi frequency. try to connect with an iPhone and check if the WiFi band is 2.4GHz or 5.8. I would recommend to leave that option on Auto. then restart your Spark and see if the S7 is working now.

Thank you, I will have to try that as soon as i can
2018-3-11
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ross Emery Posted at 2018-3-11 12:31
it's a Samsung s7, which isn't that old i assumed it would be

I hear Android phone users complain about issues with RC connection. Will wait and see if anyone can assist you better. Also check your Wi-fi settings as mentioned above. Auto is better as it would find the stable frequency and connect automatically.
2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_0OkmdEIbC7ax
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone, I am having issues with quickshot on my spark. When I click to do a quickshot, it does not let me select the subject I want it to focus on. Instead of showing the little green box when I press the subject on the screen, it shows a dot which moves the gimbal. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or can tell me if I'm doing anything wrong?? Thanks!
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-11 13:03
I hear Android phone users complain about issues with RC connection. Will wait and see if anyone can assist you better. Also check your Wi-fi settings as mentioned above. Auto is better as it would find the stable frequency and connect automatically.

It has always been in auto and underneath i constantly have bad channels     
2018-3-11
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ross Emery Posted at 2018-3-11 13:12
It has always been in auto and underneath i constantly have bad channels     [view_image]

Does your Samsung phone support 5.8G ? If not that may be the issue as 2.4G is very congested.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-11 13:27
Does your Samsung phone support 5.8G ? If not that may be the issue as 2.4G is very congested.

It says this, I'm not sure what any of it means, I'm not that tech savvy sorry
2018-3-11
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ross Emery Posted at 2018-3-11 13:33
[view_image]

It says this, I'm not sure what any of it means, I'm not that tech savvy sorry

From search about S7 support for Wi-fi bands, I believe that your phone doesn’t  support 5.8G Wi-fi band. 2.4G is congested therefore your RC struggling to find a free stable channel on 2.4G band. I may be totally wrong.
I simulate the same situation with my RC and iPhone using 2.4G and my phone disconnected repeatedly as my home network got a few Wi-fi devices using various channels.
Hopefully someone with a similar phone might enlighten us.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ross Emery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-11 13:45
From search about S7 support for Wi-fi bands, I believe that your phone doesn’t  support 5.8G Wi-fi band. 2.4G is congested therefore your RC struggling to find a free stable channel on 2.4G band. I may be totally wrong.
I simulate the same situation with my RC and iPhone using 2.4G and my phone disconnected repeatedly as my home network got a few Wi-fi devices using various channels.
Hopefully someone with a similar phone might enlighten us.

Okay thank you anyways
2018-3-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

try to do the same test with the S7 in an open area. outside town. see if it works better
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to use "custom" mode and choose 2.4 G and see if it works better. It can help your drone stay on 2.4 G connection. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules