Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera tilt speed and smoothness and jaw (rotate) speed and smoothness
6075 7 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

One thing I've always hated on the P2V+ was the crazy-fast tilting of the camera. It was impossible to get the smooth and super-slow tilting (that fades to a stop) that is desirable in videomaking.

I have noted that you can set the speed of the gimbal tilt. Has anyone tried yet to play with this setting and set if it is easy now to make that smoooooth and sloooow camera-tilt, controlled with the dial on the controller? Also, is this dial a wheel that free-spins all the way round? Or is it sort of a toggle-switch-type thing that increase speed the more you 'push' it?

I have the same question about the yaw (rotate). It is vital for a cinematic feel that you're able to do rotate/jaw slowly and smoothly. I know the camera gimbal 3rd axis smooths this, but I've also understood that you can change the "sensitivity" or "expo" of the sticks, so the movement is really small in the beginning and increase exponetially if you go to extreme stick positions. Has anyone have time to experiment with this? Please share your experiences and opinion.

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-5
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

AFAIK, you cannot adjust the tilt speed in-app (even in non existing iOS app LOL).
The tilt speed is adjusted by the way you use the control dial and it is possible to tilt the camera very very very slowly.
iOS users can just do this for the moment : play with the tilt dial an put the P3 powered on on a table in the living room at dusk to have a nice ambiant light.

2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-5 18:15
AFAIK, you cannot adjust the tilt speed in-app (even in non existing iOS app LOL).
The tilt speed is ...

Well, in RC Settings > RC Control Settings there is the option for "Gimbal Wheel Speed" that can be set between 0 and 100 which looks very promising.

I'm just curious if anyone has played around with it and have experience with it?

PS: On my way to my local drone-pusher to pick up my P3Pro :-)

Unfortunately no flying until the launch the iOS app :-/
2015-5-5
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

I don't have any footage to share but I think it's worth pulling down to about 50%.  It looks much better than full.  Will have to play with it more.  

I also adjusted the gimbal roll too.  I put mine on a level table facing a wall with a straight line on the wall and adjusted the roll to be level.  Not sure yet what this will look like in flight.  I'm assuming the craft is "levelish" in flight.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I saw this setting but I presume it is only to adjust the speed of the gimbal to come back to its front position after doing a rotation. The tilt speed will depend on how you "play" with the left dial on the RC.
2015-5-5
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-5 23:14
I saw this setting but I presume it is only to adjust the speed of the gimbal to come back to its fr ...

I can confirm that it does exactly how it is labeled, and that is change the speed at which the gimbal pitch attitude responds to the gimbal wheel.  50% does seem to work fine, although I've only had my P3 about 24 hrs. and have flown 1 pack.  
2015-5-5
Use props
me
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have a P2 with H3-3D and GoPro. The camera tilt is very fast. The P3 is v e r y   s l o w out of the box, so I'm pleased.
2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

me@nickgage.co. Posted at 2015-5-6 04:50
I have a P2 with H3-3D and GoPro. The camera tilt is very fast. The P3 is v e r y   s l o w out of t ...

Yeah, it is great!

It is a bit convoluted where they put the Gimbal-settings. But you can also set how aggressively it speeds up, if that makes sense? There is one other setting that just the gimbal-speed.

Frankly, what would be great is, if they added a function where it would always stop smoothly even if you just let go of the gimbal-jug. But thats a minor thing. I think after a while it will become second nature to control the gimbal while flying - and doing it smoothly

I love my Phantom 3
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules