Mavic Pro vs Tello
5458 22 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImaneFadir
lvl.3

Morocco

Hi everyone!

I see lot of kids talk about the new Dji Ryze Tello....

What do you think about this drone

For me it's Only 10 bucks more than a Mavic battery
2018-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheap. Fun. Toy
2018-3-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Tello, it flies great indoors. I would like to see a charging hub and spare batteries be available soon, only flying for about 11 minutes is not near enough.
2018-3-11
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Sell the Pro! You can get at least 8 Tello's for that price!
2018-3-11
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I bought my Mavic Pro to enjoy remote control flying, but I quickly found that I enjoy making nice videos even more than the flying, so the Tello really isn't something I'd use much.

2018-3-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm loving my Tello so far!  Its fun just zipping around in the house real quick and popping out on the deck for a quick little zip around.  I really like my Spark and Mavic Air, but when I pull them out, I'm probably more likely to want to use them for pics or videos.  The Tello is fun for just a quick play.  

I just posted an unboxing and first flight video about it.  I'm looking forward to playing around some more so that I can put together a more comprehensive review!

2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a nice toy for the boys
2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-11 10:48
I'm loving my Tello so far!  Its fun just zipping around in the house real quick and popping out on the deck for a quick little zip around.  I really like my Spark and Mavic Air, but when I pull them out, I'm probably more likely to want to use them for pics or videos.  The Tello is fun for just a quick play.  

I just posted an unboxing and first flight video about it.  I'm looking forward to playing around some more so that I can put together a more comprehensive review!

Very interesting.
Thanks!
2018-3-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-11 10:55
It is a nice toy for the boys

Yep, you know I tried to tell my wife that I got if for the boys.  She of course saw right through that flimsy cover story.  Lol!
2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-11 11:23
Yep, you know I tried to tell my wife that I got if for the boys.  She of course saw right through that flimsy cover story.  Lol!

Hahahahaha.
We have the same wife I guess
2018-3-11
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Seriously considering one for my boy. He's only 3 but got to start flying soon!
2018-3-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MavicRich Posted at 2018-3-11 11:28
Seriously considering one for my boy. He's only 3 but got to start flying soon!

He'll probably fly better than his daddy!  Lol!  Seems like kids take to flying so quick because its just like a video game for them!  
2018-3-11
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, scary how intuitive tech is for kids these days!
2018-3-11
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm loving my Tello so far!  Its fun just zipping around in the house real quick and popping out on the deck for a quick little zip around.  I really like my Spark and Mavic Air, but when I pull them out, I'm probably more likely to want to use them for pics or videos.  The Tello is fun for just a quick play.  

Did you ever find a remote controler for it?
2018-3-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No, not yet.  The wording on their website is a bit vague for which controllers work with it. Makes me think there may not be any ready yet.  It says something ablout a “custom” version of the 2 brands mentioned. I saw on Facebook, someone ordered one of the standard ones from Amazon and found out it didn’t work.
2018-3-11
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I'd be getting one for the programming blocks - that's its USP...
2018-3-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fun times. Can you use goggles with it
2018-3-11
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Looks like fun for the days the weather is bad you can at least fly indoors.
2018-3-11
Use props
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

I would love to get one! But unfortunately, I'll have to wait 2-3 more weeks according to the DJI-Store
Do you know, whether DJI offers something like a combo or at least a case for the Tello?
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-12 um 14.44.56.png
2018-3-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

I really don't understand concept of Tello. There are better choices imho for that price range, i.e. MJX Bugs 3 Mini which comes with remote in a RTF kit, could be flown in acro mode and has brushless motors.
Add some RunCam and you have ultimate bang for the buck toy grade FPV bird.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think they are different kind of drone according to the specs and feature. But Tello is a good option for kid. Thanks for all the attention.
2018-3-18
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft

Nice toy.... looking forward to get one on the next trip to US.
2018-4-1
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

I'm too scared to take my Mavic Pro to Italy this year, (customs officials, damaging it, losing it, flying-over-the-Vatican-City-and-being-put-in-jail), so I'd consider a Tello. Perhaps I'll buy one "for my wife"...
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules