Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneSupremacy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing well

In today's video i'm testing the PolarPro ND Filters and their landing gear for the Mavic Air. I think both of these accessories are quite useful to have, especially if you're looking to get a bit of "extra" from your drone and you constantly go from one shooting place to another.

Check out my video below and let me know what do you guys think about these accessories:

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say

Mike

2018-3-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you for this great test video! I have a few questions:
1. Did the Mavic Air identify the landing gear as additional payload with a message displayed or are they light enough to go unnoticed?
2. Did you notice any increased tilting at higher speeds caused by the landing gear?
3. Did you notice any interference for the bottom sensors caused by the landing gear?
2018-3-11
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I bought the extended landing legs for my Mavic Pro, but found that I don't use them at all. Even with that small bit of extra height, it's not enough to keep the prop wash from swirling dust and dirt up into the gimbal.  I also bought a round landing pad, and do use that a bit, but not too much.  I find that I'm more just finding an appropriate spot (no loose dirt) to launch, and I'll hand catch upon landing.
2018-3-11
Use props
DroneSupremacy
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-11 09:44
Thank you for this great test video! I have a few questions:
1. Did the Mavic Air identify the landing gear as additional payload with a message displayed or are they light enough to go unnoticed?
2. Did you notice any increased tilting at higher speeds caused by the landing gear?

The answer to all three of your questions is "No" - the gear is light enough to be unnoticed by the gimbal and it does not interfere in any way with the flight. Also, when testing in Sport mode the drone performed the same way as before, so I was pleased with the results
2018-3-11
Use props
DroneSupremacy
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-11 10:13
I bought the extended landing legs for my Mavic Pro, but found that I don't use them at all. Even with that small bit of extra height, it's not enough to keep the prop wash from swirling dust and dirt up into the gimbal.  I also bought a round landing pad, and do use that a bit, but not too much.  I find that I'm more just finding an appropriate spot (no loose dirt) to launch, and I'll hand catch upon landing.

Yes, i think that's what i've been doing until now, but it's good to have some variety in case you really need it sometimes
2018-3-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see the difference between high shutterspeeds and the ND footage.
I did notice something strange in the sideway *(dolly) shots.
The field appears to have some wave effect.
It is probably caused by the distortion of the Mavic Air's lens.
But I'm not sure.
2018-3-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DroneSupremacy Posted at 2018-3-11 10:32
The answer to all three of your questions is "No" - the gear is light enough to be unnoticed by the gimbal and it does not interfere in any way with the flight. Also, when testing in Sport mode the drone performed the same way as before, so I was pleased with the results

Thanks a lot for the clarifications!
2018-3-11
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

So the Polar Pro stuff looks really decent, but are the cheaper ones from the likes of AliExpress any good?
2018-3-11
Use props
DroneSupremacy
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I haven't tested them myself but i don't see why you would put cheap filters on a $1000 drone, it loses the point.
2018-3-11
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

I suppose it’s because if the difference is marginal, I’d rather not spend more than I really have to. Part of that is the price of the drone - hard to justify more when I’ve already spent that sort of coin. I’ve got a few extra bits and pieces on their way already, and I can see a divorce on the horizon if I keep going the way I am, lol.

And I’m just asking the question - I wouldn’t get them without some kind of recommendations/reviews from others. It’s still a lot of money to kiss goodbye to if the product is useless.
2018-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info there - thanks for sharing
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now