Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I have not updated my firmware for the past 6 months, but updated to 1.05.0600 today.

I am accustomed to having to update all of my batteries after a firmware update, but I am seeing no indication in the latest Assistant2 (v1.2.0) as to whether I need to update batteries.

I have installed the batteries, fired up Assistant 2, booted the P4 (connected by wire to my notebook) and am not seeing any indication about updating batteries.

Maybe there is no update required, but I think Assistant 2 should provide that piece of info so people don't have to go to the forums to research.

Anyway, do you know if the batteries need updating with 1.05.0600?

Matt
2018-3-11
Use props
RodgertheDodger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93150 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed this as well after the latest firmware. I wonder if dji changed something to push firmware from the aircraft when another battery is installed. Personally i didnt take any chances so i refresshed the firmware three times for three batteries. But it would be nice to know.
2018-3-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Roger, so you hit the normal refresh button in Assitant 2 as a way to (maybe) update the batteries?  I guess I will give that a try (with my 8 batteries).

ALSO, I was not instructed to update the RC either, I actually don't see anywhere how to update the RC.  Thoughts?
2018-3-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just found this on the DJI Support page.... "The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to upgraded, an Inconsistent Firmware Found warning will display in the DJI GO app. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware"
So basically, if you see a non-descript and unhelpful error about a firmware issue, you are supposed to know that this means the battery needs an update.

DJI:
HERE IS A BETTER USER EXPERIENCE....

If a battery update is NOT needed, show a line of text in Assistant 2 saying that the battery is up to date.

If a battery update IS needed, show a line of text in Assistant 2 saying that the Battery Firmware is needed.
Typical User Interface Guidelines are pretty easy.  If the user doesn't need to do something, you tell them.  If the user does need to do something, you tell them.

2018-3-11
Use props
RodgertheDodger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93150 ft
United Kingdom

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-3-11 10:28
Hi Roger, so you hit the normal refresh button in Assitant 2 as a way to (maybe) update the batteries?  I guess I will give that a try (with my 8 batteries).

ALSO, I was not instructed to update the RC either, I actually don't see anywhere how to update the RC.  Thoughts?

Ok 8 batteries i can understand you being interested to know whether its necessary to refresh 8 times.My 3 batteries is enough upgrading.
The RC firmware update process is different. You have to go to dji downloaded page and download a zip file. Extract to your msd card and put that into the rc. The last update for the rc was 09/02/2018.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules