Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
12Next >
26364 59 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

Did somebody already tested DJI GO 4 app with latest Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ in real life?

Thanks,

David
2018-3-11
Use props
fans837a2358
Second Officer
Flight distance : 348307 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-3-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Steve,

Thank you for letting me know and testing. Size wise I think it will be OK but I'm more afraid about app compatibility/usability.

David
2018-3-12
Use props
MavicRich
Captain
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

fans837a2358 Posted at 2018-3-12 04:47
Hi David

I got the S9+ on Friday and will be testing it tonight, I am a little concerned about the size and the app working!!

I thought the s9 and + were the same size as their s8 counterparts? In which case you should be fine.
2018-3-12
Use props
Viridis
Captain
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They both work fine with dji go 4.
I have tested both S9 and S9+ with zero issues
2018-3-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

And were you using them also during longer flights? I would like to be sure there will be no crashes or partial issues. Thanks.
2018-3-12
Use props
Viridis
Captain
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used the s9 on the Mavic Air and the s9+ on a P4P over this weekend, not one issue at all.
No crashes, no glitches nothing.
2018-3-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Viridis Posted at 2018-3-12 10:17
I used the s9 on the Mavic Air and the s9+ on a P4P over this weekend, not one issue at all.

Understood thanks for confirmation.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have been testing the DJI Go 4 and DJI Go with my Samsung Galaxy S9. Works great with Mavic Air/Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. Only issue is the "Home-button" is a bit hard to reach and Face-recognizition is not available. Other than that it works great!
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_a6a7uXHgPS0X
New
Flight distance : 11207 ft
Thailand

I had troubles with my Spark such as satellite count was no shown and quickshot modes were not working, I was using it with OTG cable.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_a6a7uXHgPS0X Posted at 2018-3-17 04:20
I had troubles with my Spark such as satellite count was no shown and quickshot modes were not working, I was using it with OTG cable.

Hi, there. Please try to use wifi connection. OTG is not supported now. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I used the s9 on the Mavic Air and the s9+ on a P4P over this weekend, not one issue at all.

Thanks for letting us know. Please inform us if you encounter any problem with DJI GO 4.
2018-3-18
Use props
SanDiegoAir
Flight distance : 14980 ft
United States

I flew my Mavic Pro with my new Galaxy S9 today.

I spent about 5 minutes trying to get past a message saying that I was in full screen mode and that the home button would be hidden, along with a weird flashing arrow pointing to the message.  There is no "OK" button, no X, or any other way to get past the message.  You can't swipe it away or anything else. It just would NOT dismiss.   I tried everything and was angrily punching away at the phone while the Mavic's battery run down.  I don't know how I did it, but I eventually got past it and had a normal flight.

I did a facebook live broadcast that did not go well, it dropped several seconds about 5 times during the 5 minute broadcast.  This could have been caused by many things, but still was not pleased with the picture quality or dropped frames.

ALSO:  Bad news -- the drain on the controller seems to be even WORSE than on my 10" tablet!  I was hoping this problem would go away with the USB-C cable and Android 8, but it did not.  There had GOT to be a way to fix this!!
2018-3-21
Use props
PedalingDuo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Did the S9+ fit in the controller or did you have to use a separate mount.

I'm thinking of upgrading my 6 year old phone to the S9+.

Thanks.
2018-3-21
Use props
SanDiegoAir
United States

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-3-21 04:30
Did the S9+ fit in the controller or did you have to use a separate mount.

I'm thinking of upgrading my 6 year old phone to the S9+.

I use an additional platform for my tablet, and possibly I should have used that for the S9, but I didn't.  I used the standard grabber thing at the bottom of the controller, and used the Samsung-supplied cable to connect to the USB port in the center-bottom of the RC.

It was a bit awkward because I had to keep the jaws a bit open so that I could still access the buttons on the edges, especially the home button.  But it did work, and was actually very bright.    I have the new screens that go tot the edge for this reason, but overall it did work well after I got it going.

Of course the other issue is whether you can see text that is MAYBE 1 mm high.  I could barely read the text on the top  of the DJI GO screen even with powerful reading glasses.  DJI GO is really only easy to use on a 8" or 10" tablet, IMO.

It's nice to have a device to use as a backup if your tablet fails, especially while travelling, but I don't think you want this as the only thing to fly with.
2018-3-21
Use props
PedalingDuo
Second Officer
United States

SanDiegoAir Posted at 2018-3-21 12:00
I use an additional platform for my tablet, and possibly I should have used that for the S9, but I didn't.  I used the standard grabber thing at the bottom of the controller, and used the Samsung-supplied cable to connect to the USB port in the center-bottom of the RC.

It was a bit awkward because I had to keep the jaws a bit open so that I could still access the buttons on the edges, especially the home button.  But it did work, and was actually very bright.    I have the new screens that go tot the edge for this reason, but overall it did work well after I got it going.

Thanks for the update.  I just want to clarify that you are talking about having the S9, not the S9+ in the remote control  mount, is that correct?

2018-3-21
Use props
Valkeerie
United Kingdom

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-3-21 15:23
Thanks for the update.  I just want to clarify that you are talking about having the S9, not the S9+ in the remote control  mount, is that correct?

Just posted this

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1267233
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Speaking on the S9/S9+, what is the general consensus of the S7? I have the Samsung S7 and my Remote Controller Icon keeps flashing in the Application? I hear this is a S7 thing, but is it a Samsung S8 & S9 thing too?
2018-3-22
Use props
PedalingDuo
Second Officer
United States

Valkeerie Posted at 2018-3-22 10:47
Just posted this

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141390&utm_source=djiforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=emailnote&pbc=dapforum&page=1#pid1267233

Thanks so much.  On my way to the phone store now.
2018-3-23
Use props
SanDiegoAir

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-3-21 15:23

Yes, I have the S9, not the S9+.
2018-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Two Questions for those using Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+

First question: Has S9 or S9+ proven itself to be reliable for use as Smart device with DJI Remote Control?  (Can you compare it to a iPhone or iPad?)

Second question: Is S9 or S9+ screen bright enough to see on a Sunny day?  (Can you compare it to a CrystalSky or CrystalSky Ultra-brite?)

Thanks in Advance!
2018-3-26
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-26 21:11

First question: Has S9 or S9+ proven itself to be reliable for use as Smart device with DJI Remote Control?  (Can you compare it to a iPhone or iPad?)

Have S9+ on hand application seems working fine, but wasn't outside with that yet. And I'm also interested how it will do on a sunny day. Unfortunately I have no opportunity to compare with CrystalSky but will share some opinion once tested on direct sunlight.
2018-3-27
Use props
PedalingDuo
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-26 21:11

I have just gotten the S9+ and flew twice.  I cannot compare it to either devices that you listed as I do not own those devices.  It is bright enough for an older guy like me whose eyes need more light.  I could see it fine outside and I was not using the sun shade.

The first time that I flew it there were no issues at all.  It was super fast compared to my S5.  Everything worked great and I was happy.

The second time I flew  the DJI system wanted to install the update.  That was strange because I had already installed the update using DJI Assistant, and yes I followed all directions and had restarted everything after the update.  So, as I said, I flew two days after doing the update on the computer with Assistant and when I started everything up outside it wanted to install the update again.  After letting it reinstall the update I had some issues with the response of the S9+.  

When I was in the Trace Mode I could not stop it.  I touched the stop button on the phone and there was no response.  Other odd things happened as well.  When I opened up the menu for the camera settings, I could not close it again, so half the screen had the menu on it and I could not get it to go away.  In the end I was able to stop the DJI Go app on the phone and land the Air. The whole experience made me nervous.  Fortunately the drone was 5 feet in the air, right in front of me.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to try it all again since then as the weather and my available time are not cooperating.
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

When I read posts here, and elsewhere - It sounds like we are coming down to either putting up with dim displays of Apple iPad Mini 4, or suffering through software problems with Androids or suffering hardware problems with CrystalSky UB.
2018-3-27
Use props
Yves Like A Sunset
New

France

I have a major issue when trying to update rc and aircraft firmware through my S9, the update get stucked to 0% and freeze. no way to even update throught Dji Assistant 2 cause it  wont show when i plug the aircraft to my mac. I leave in 6 hours to Islands with a n on working device. all was neat on my iPhone 5s but now nothing is working. camera is on but no way to take off.

Please Help me. Thank you in advance
2018-4-16
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Yves Like A Sunset Posted at 2018-4-16 23:54
I have a major issue when trying to update rc and aircraft firmware through my S9, the update get stucked to 0% and freeze. no way to even update throught Dji Assistant 2 cause it  wont show when i plug the aircraft to my mac. I leave in 6 hours to Islands with a n on working device. all was neat on my iPhone 5s but now nothing is working. camera is on but no way to take off.

Please Help me. Thank you in advance

Maybe silly question but do you have still your iPhone available to test update there?
2018-4-17
Use props
Yves Like A Sunset
New

France

Nope, that's even more annoying... no plan B
2018-4-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Try find some friend with Windows PC I would try that way with DJI assistant 2. If even on windows PC you aircraft will be not detected at all then you will need to send it to DJI I'm afraid.
2018-4-17
Use props
béjino
New

Tunisia

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-3-13 06:53
I have been testing the DJI Go 4 and DJI Go with my Samsung Galaxy S9. Works great with Mavic Air/Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. Only issue is the "Home-button" is a bit hard to reach and Face-recognizition is not available. Other than that it works great!

good morning

i advice you to follow this http://yooz.guide/content/samsun ... m-g965uzkaxaa]guide[/url] for more information about galaxy S9
2018-4-25
Use props
béjino
New

Tunisia

Viridis Posted at 2018-3-12 09:35
They both work fine with dji go 4.
I have tested both S9 and S9+ with zero issues

good morning

i advice you to follow this http://yooz.guide/content/samsun ... m-g965uzkaxaa]guide[/url] for more information about galaxy S9
2018-4-25
Use props
béjino
New

Tunisia

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-3-27 10:11
I have just gotten the S9+ and flew twice.  I cannot compare it to either devices that you listed as I do not own those devices.  It is bright enough for an older guy like me whose eyes need more light.  I could see it fine outside and I was not using the sun shade.

The first time that I flew it there were no issues at all.  It was super fast compared to my S5.  Everything worked great and I was happy.

good morning

2018-4-25
Use props
fansebc442dd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15197 ft

I switched to Galaxy S9+ month ago and since then cannot fly my Mavic anymore. The app having issues connecting to the drone. Then it keeps disconnecting, connecting back for 2 seconds, disconnecting again and so on. If I knew it I wouldn't have traded in my S6 which was working flawlessly.
2018-5-20
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I can confirm that the S9+ works well with the Mavic Pro.
I bought this version because of the very bright screen and poor reports of Crystal Sky. I was otherwise delighted with the Samsung J7, so the Crystal Sky was my preferred choice.
There are practical issues that have made me regret the decision of the S9+ for use with the drone.
The penalty for a large and superb screen is greatly reduced battery life when at full brightness, droning. This can be improved very slightly by using the lowest screen resolution, you don't need the higher res in flight.
Even though the memory is 4GB compared with the 1GB on the J7, Samsung bloatware which can't be disabled will reduce this to 3GB at best, but can easily drop to 1.5GB. The J7 had less memory when running, but you could control it better. The point is, the bigger memory will soon vanish with App updates and added apps. On Android devices, in conjunction with drones, this can cause disaster.
It is essential with android to kill off all apps after starting the controller and then start GO4. Maximum memory is the holy grail for trouble free flight. Apple have strict App control so apple rocks in this respect.
Because of the soft buttons on the S9+, the controller arms cover them if pushed home. The last thing you want is the expensive phone falling out of the controller.
At the top of the screen is the light sensor. That gets covered as well by the other arm. The workaround is to set the slider to full brightness and switch off auto brightness. Annoying, because after droning, it needs to be reset.
There are various speed settings you can chose to help with battery life. However, I have not dared use anything but maximum in case it causes issues with GO4.
With the phone at 100%, after one full flight, the controller shows about 60%. The phone battery drops similarly. I wouldn't attempt a third battery without a full recharge of phone and controller.

The J7 seemed to drop a few % per battery. I swear, you could start a lorry with the battery in the J7 it is so massive.

In conclusion, S9+ has a brilliant screen and it works well with GO4
2018-5-20
Use props
fansebe62400
lvl.1
United States

SanDiegoAir Posted at 2018-3-21 01:47
I flew my Mavic Pro with my new Galaxy S9 today.

I spent about 5 minutes trying to get past a message saying that I was in full screen mode and that the home button would be hidden, along with a weird flashing arrow pointing to the message.  There is no "OK" button, no X, or any other way to get past the message.  You can't swipe it away or anything else. It just would NOT dismiss.   I tried everything and was angrily punching away at the phone while the Mavic's battery run down.  I don't know how I did it, but I eventually got past it and had a normal flight.

you are suppose to plug your phone into the usb slot at the bottom of the mavic pros controller not the top left port which is for charging your controller and phone at the same time. by plugging into the top left port with your phone it will suck the battery out of the controller and give it to your phone.
2018-6-18
Use props
xenixas
Flight distance : 440010 ft
Lithuania

I bought mavic pro a week ago, pluged galaxy s9+ in top left port and made some take off everything was okey, after few hours went back home and tried, but DJI GO 4 app shows Aircraft Disconected, so I used original samsung cable and pluged in to USB port and everything was ok. As DJI support confirms galaxy s9+ is not supported by dji go 4 app but I have no idea how the first time everything was vorking for me? :/ maybe firmware update made unawalable phone?
2018-6-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

For me both mavic air and mavic pro are working pretty well with S9+, but sometimes it will happen that you will get aircraft disconnected lastly I experienced this during flight with S7 edge. I know that when I'm using S9+ with case on in mavic air controller it is little bit too snug in the connector area so I have cut thin layer of cables isolation to remedy that and since then it is fine. Are you using S9+ with cover or without? I'm using with and plugging cable directly to phone not using that guidance box which is holding cable in place in controller.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

xenixas Posted at 2018-6-20 13:46
I bought mavic pro a week ago, pluged galaxy s9+ in top left port and made some take off everything was okey, after few hours went back home and tried, but DJI GO 4 app shows Aircraft Disconected, so I used original samsung cable and pluged in to USB port and everything was ok. As DJI support confirms galaxy s9+ is not supported by dji go 4 app  but I have no idea how the first time everything was vorking for me? :/ maybe firmware update made unawalable phone?

Hi, as of the moment, the Samsung s9/s9+ are not compatible with our Mavic Pro, however, there will be a possibility that it would work to DJI GO 4 app and the Mavic pro due to that you're using a high-end phone but then again our engineers need to test the phone first and conduct assessment as well to determine what are the things that we need to do in order for our application to be stable and working constantly with this Samsung s9/s9+, however, no worries rest assured that we will keep improving our apps to provide more option when in terms of phone compatibility.
2018-6-21
Use props
BobDumon
lvl.1
United States

fans837a2358 Posted at 2018-3-12 04:47
Hi David

I got the S9+ on Friday and will be testing it tonight, I am a little concerned about the size and the app working!!

Where do I find a cable to connect a S9 to a Mavic Pro drone?
2018-7-8
Use props
fansbda0f61d
Captain
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

BobDumon Posted at 2018-7-8 14:25

Plug the USB type C cable that came with your S9/S9 plus into your phone as usual then plug the other end (USB Type A) into the bottom of the Mavic Pro controller
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BobDumon Posted at 2018-7-8 14:25

Hi, I would love to give you a heads up that in any case that you'll be using this S9/S9+ there's a possibility that it will work with our application due to that you're using a high-end mobile device, however, we cannot guarantee that our application will work all the time since it's not yet optimized with our application and unit. Rest assured that we will keep improving our apps to provide further options when in terms of phone compatibility. Thank you for understanding.
2018-7-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules