Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I have not tried flying my P4P yet after updating the firmware, but I am already seeing a strange issue with the gimbal and I don't know what to do.  After updating  and calibrating everything (including sensors and gimbal)...  when I click the silver photography  button on the RC,   The gimbal snaps to one side, then slowly pans from side to side.  Once the gimbal starts to pan, it cannot be stopped.  Rebooting the P4P causes the problem to go away.

When I push the record button in DJIGO4 (4.2.6), it works as expected, but as soon as I press the silver photography button on the RC, the gimbal starts to pan.

Help?

2018-3-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:

Well, I decided to re-autocalibrate the gimbal, problem still existed.  So I decided to reset the IMU (again), then recalibrated the gimbal and now the problem appears to be gone.  

NO CLUE as to what caused this, other than these things are flying computers, and sometimes stuff just happens.

Matt
2018-3-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will attempt this when I get home to see if I can replicate it. I noticed some odd behavior with the gimbal after the update. After a restart it slowly rolled. Restart, it began to pan from right to left. Restart, OK through 1 battery. So, I intend to have a closer look at the Gimbal after work. I'll include this in my tests. More later.

Jeff
2018-3-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's not obvious, but if you listen to the audio for Capture Button Presses you can see that the Gimbal moves on occasion. A couple times I moved the Gimbal with the control stick left and right, then pressed the Capture button. Obsidian P4P and a + controller. I haven't tried the non + controller yet.

2018-3-12
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-12 13:05
It's not obvious, but if you listen to the audio for Capture Button Presses you can see that the Gimbal moves on occasion. A couple times I moved the Gimbal with the control stick left and right, then pressed the Capture button. Obsidian P4P and a + controller. I haven't tried the non + controller yet.

Vimeo Video

Hi Jeff.

I definitely see it.  You are right, it is a small move to our eyes, but a big move to a camera.
2018-3-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-3-12 13:09
Hi Jeff.

I definitely see it.  You are right, it is a small move to our eyes, but a big move to a camera.

When I first started up the Aircraft, the gimbal went through it's normal boot up. But then I could see it wasn't facing straight. It was skewed to the left just enough to be noticeable. So I restarted it, then it was OK. I've had this Phantom since just before Christmas and it has worked flawlessly. This update was the very first time I've noticed anything wrong. I thought I saw the video inverted a couple times, but I was unable to reproduce it. So I'm not even totally sure it happened. The power of suggestion is strong.

It's raining here. I can't do any more tonight. But if I keep seeing this, and the other odd Gimbal behavior, I'm either rolling back or grounding the Aircraft until the next update.

Jeff
PS, I filmed the problem using my Osmo Mobile. It works perfectly. It will never, ever, ever get an updated firmware. Ever. Ever. Ever.
2018-3-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-3-12 13:09
Hi Jeff.

OK, I'm out. I came home and started up the R/C and Aircraft. The Camera Gimbal did it's normal boot up, centering then full up and down. After facing forward it moved the the right a little then started slowly panning left. Before it hit the end stop I shut it down and rebooted. It did the same thing. I hit the Camera Capture Button on the R/C. It snapped back to center then started panning left again.

I'm not feeling the unwilling beta tester mode so I shut it down, grabbed my MacBook and rolled the firmware back to 01.05.0300

Gimbal nice and steady again.

Jeff
2018-3-13
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Another great solfware update from DJI, and we still can't fly
2018-3-13
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Im looking forward to having the weather clear up here so I can go do some testing.  I did a super quick test the other day (about five minutes  each of flying x 2 drones) and they both flew well for the first time in seven months.  I have no doubt that this FW is an improvement over what I had before since I was not able to fly my P4 at all due to instability.  Hopefully I don't find a wandering gimbal problem while shooting.  I'll update after I am able to fly.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules