Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

andy10 Posted at 2018-3-14 01:50
Yap. You are right, but comments here are right as well.
I agree with your logic but I agree with other arguments about legallity as well. We have no other possibility than folllow the rules although we don't like them.
If you fly in such mannner is your problem, but if you show such videos at public, you incourage all unresponsible flyers, to do the same. And this is what we are talking about.

And I also agree with you or other comments as well, which is why it's food for thoughts. For example I mentioned some examples of people giving bad examples with cell phones, etc. It becomes  a collective behavior and everyone does that. Park a car illegally and 5 minutes later everyone is parking around it as well. I know...My thoughts are that since everyone in the collective wants to text while driving, that becomes acceptable, although dangerous and lethal for real, yet nobody really says anything, because we all want to do that. When it comes to drone I think it's excessive drama vs the real life effect (Based on real numbers, not irrational fear). there's irrational fear over planes, although crossing the road is more dangerous...I would like these things to be taken at face value. Laws can also be the result of ignorance, lobbies, corporate interests, irrationality. Maybe this is one of those cases (Or maybe not). I would not mind parachutes on drones, for example (I know, that clashes with performance, cost, weight, etc.)
2018-3-14
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nice video!
2018-3-14
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks Escore
2018-3-14
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-3-13 15:31
I understand your point and this is not a comment against what you wrote, but a simple consideration:
as much as we're all concentrating on how dangerous drones might be, we have roads that see flocks of drivers driving erratically, being a danger to other people, smashing into other cars, just because the most important things in life seems to be reading the latest (Most likely pointless) message. Using a cell phone while driving causes 1000s of deaths every year and cyclists wearing simple headphones are a danger to others as well, yet we need to concentrate on drones...Probably golf balls are more dangerous than drones! As we rush to regulate even how much we should breathe, we could, for example, have embedded hardware that blocks your phone if you're going faster than 10mph. That would make everyone's life muh safer, yet we don't really care or do anything serious about it. We could also build cars that will not start unless you can verify your alcohol level, but we could also make cars that cannot go faster than the speed limit (What is the point of going faster). The list goes on and on. All I am saying is that there are more pressing and deadly issues that we completely accept as normal (Pain killers anyone?) and do nothing about it (How about cancerogenous flame retardants found in most furniture in the USA, cleverly introduced by the tobacco lobbies?). I cannot understand how drones 'Must' be banned everywhere while they cause little or no harm, whereas real dangerous actions or objects are being ignored or have fines that are almost never applied. Just go on the highway, in countries where cell phones are forbidden while driving and look at how many people are driving face down, looking at their phones...It's a TON, resulting in hundreds of thousands of accidents a year, if not millions worldwide.
Just food for thoughts, what should we concentrate on regulating? I am not even throwing weapons into the debate. We freak out about mad cow while the common cold is the true killer. Ok for regulating things, but maybe with some logic and in order of danger.

Even I agree with your considerations about rude driving, golf balls and almost everything you passionately wrote here, I recall this is a forum about drones, not about cars driving. The guys who make the (bad) laws about drones in our countries and anywhere in the world are not road traffic experts nor interested in making any comparisons with nothing else than air space and air traffic rules. And fact is, the airspace it is not prepared for drone "invasion". It's a very conservative area or field and they where overpassed by the huge amount of available drones. Few but still too many, invading airports or restricted flight areas over the cities. Think only on emergency hellicopters servicing hospitals having almost exclusive rights to fly low altitude over the cities to encounter drones on its path. I'm pretty sure your friends had no idea where the hospitals and helliports were in Sevilla when flown their drone.With all the bad publicity arising from brave (and, IMHO, selfish) videos which are boosting and fuelling the rulers for tighter measures (it is a sort of arguments they are looking for and we are offering them "for free" to justify more control and restrictions). And also the rest of the population and non-drone users.
It is because of this bad publicity, more and more, drone fliers are regarded as rule breakers and subjected to increased control and also not always friendly thoughts or words from people wanderring arround the place we are flying our drone.
Personally I'm getting sick of the increasing number of countries forbidding the use of drones in Africa or Asia, with so many open spaces, remote areas and scarcely populated, with landscapes suitable for drone tourists. And having to take out from my travel wishlist more and more countries and places because some earlier hobby fellows upseted the local civil authorities with some videos attracting thousands of views on their personal or private social-media pages but spoiling the rules for all the others who came at a latter time.
This shouldn't be a race on who's getting the bravest or nicest (but on what future community cost) images.
This must be a common campaign to improve the overall perception and public opinion on drone users.
I wonder if your friends had sent any previous letter or message to the Spanish civil authority pledging, as potential tourists and "income providers" to Spain's tourist economy, for a more relaxed legal framework...It would have been nice and useful...
If we do not act (and fly) responsibly, if we do not only break the rules, but we proudly post it on Youtube &co., this will become harder and harder.
Do you think, DJI, had any intention to control more and more our flights with, the, so far !!! voluntarilly (??????) programms like Aeroscope and other we may ignore to exist or have in our firmwares ???

2018-3-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

15matjan Posted at 2018-3-15 01:40
Even I agree with your considerations about rude driving, golf balls and almost everything you passionately wrote here, I recall this is a forum about drones, not about cars driving. The guys who make the (bad) laws about drones in our countries and anywhere in the world are not road traffic experts nor interested in making any comparisons with nothing else than air space and air traffic rules. And fact is, the airspace it is not prepared for drone "invasion". It's a very conservative area or field and they where overpassed by the huge amount of available drones. Few but still too many, invading airports or restricted flight areas over the cities. Think only on emergency hellicopters servicing hospitals having almost exclusive rights to fly low altitude over the cities to encounter drones on its path. I'm pretty sure your friends had no idea where the hospitals and helliports were in Sevilla when flown their drone.With all the bad publicity arising from brave (and, IMHO, selfish) videos which are boosting and fuelling the rulers for tighter measures (it is a sort of arguments they are looking for and we are offering them "for free" to justify more control and restrictions). And also the rest of the population and non-drone users.
It is because of this bad publicity, more and more, drone fliers are regarded as rule breakers and subjected to increased control and also not always friendly thoughts or words from people wanderring arround the place we are flying our drone.
Personally I'm getting sick of the increasing number of countries forbidding the use of drones in Africa or Asia, with so many open spaces, remote areas and scarcely populated, with landscapes suitable for drone tourists. And having to take out from my travel wishlist more and more countries and places because some earlier hobby fellows upseted the local civil authorities with some videos attracting thousands of views on their personal or private social-media pages but spoiling the rules for all the others who came at a latter time.

I get it and I am not going to respond in length as  I do not have a particular set position on this, but trust me, there would be much to say, as there are plenty things that are unregulated that can be a danger to civil aviation, people, etc., even just toys. It's great to try to improve and regulate, as long as it does not become bureaucracy madness.
2018-3-15
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Benvenutti Agnese and Michele. While I am uncomfortable with the dialogue on the rights or wrongs of flying over cities, I have to say I really enjoyed your video. Sevilla is a beautiful city and you captured it very well. The shot of the illuminated Plaza de Toros is something I've never seen.
2018-3-15
Use props
Never fly faster than your angle can
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

keep them coming..just great to see all those cities from the air
2018-3-19
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Portugal

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-3-15 02:03
Benvenutti Agnese and Michele. While I am uncomfortable with the dialogue on the rights or wrongs of flying over cities, I have to say I really enjoyed your video. Sevilla is a beautiful city and you captured it very well. The shot of the illuminated Plaza de Toros is something I've never seen.

Thank you so much for your kind words!
2018-3-20
Use props
simsstash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1025823 ft
Canada

Nicely Done!

Do you know why your video was labeled "DIGEST" by DJI and what it means?
2018-3-20
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

simsstash Posted at 2018-3-20 09:34
Nicely Done!

Do you know why your video was labeled "DIGEST" by DJI and what it means?

Not really, probably that DJI likes it
2018-3-20
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Portugal

As promise here you can find our brand new video about Southern Spain.
2018-3-29
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks good to me, keep on shooting
2018-3-31
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-31 04:02
Looks good to me, keep on shooting

Very photographic footage, I love it.
2018-4-1
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-1 02:51
Very photographic footage, I love it.

He did do well
2018-4-1
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15272 ft
Georgia

Amazing Footage
2018-4-10
Use props
djiuser_qOD7GfWq71v8
lvl.1

New Zealand

Seriously find it hard to believe you're allowed to fly a Drone within or over a populated City without Commercial approval certification from your local Airport controlling body **
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules