How to get photos off Crystalsky
7003 12 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

As a new buyer of a 7.5" crystalsky monitor I managed to get it working eventually with my Spark and did a few flights recently taking some photos including panoramas. Now I seem unable to download the photos from the crystalsky to my computer. The crystalsky User Guide says to use a cable from the CS micro USB port to the computer which I have done but my computer doesn't recognise the CS as a device. I have managed to use this method to get drone photos from two other tablets I use with drones. The CS user guide mentions the DJI Assistant 2 app so I decided to get it from the google play store. A search shows the DJI Ronin Assistant but no actual Assistant 2, so is this what I need.
As you may realize I not completely computer literate so I may not have explained this properly. Anyhow any suggestions will be welcome as I am finding it hard to get my head around all the ports on and cables required for the Crystalsky.

2018-3-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You can always try a different USB jack. It helps to reboot the computer with the Crystal Sky on and plugged in. If you go to the area where you can see the computer hard drive, the Crystal Sky monitor may be listed as an external hard drive. Try that first. You also may need to try a different computer if that one is not working.
2018-3-12
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-12 07:52
You can always try a different USB jack. It helps to reboot the computer with the Crystal Sky on and plugged in. If you go to the area where you can see the computer hard drive, the Crystal Sky monitor may be listed as an external hard drive. Try that first. You also may need to try a different computer if that one is not working.

DJI-Mark, Thank you for your reply. I have tried different USB cables and no change, but the cable I used first is successful in connecting my Spark AC to this computer so should be ok. Also tried rebooting the computer but made no difference. I have a laptop which I will start up later and connect the CS to it to try that. My desktop PC I am using now recognizes by sound when the crystal sky cable is plugged in or out but does not show up as an external disk but the Spark and two different tablets do. Why I want to get photos from the CS instead of the Spark is these are panoramas which I have stitched and downloaded per the Spark panorama photo instructions.
Also do you know what the type-C USB2.0 HS port on the CS is used for. I haven't been able to get a cable that fits there yet. I am using the the MIcro USB port on the side of the CS to connect to the PC. Sorry for the overlong reply.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Normanby Posted at 2018-3-13 13:36
DJI-Mark, Thank you for your reply. I have tried different USB cables and no change, but the cable I used first is successful in connecting my Spark AC to this computer so should be ok. Also tried rebooting the computer but made no difference. I have a laptop which I will start up later and connect the CS to it to try that. My desktop PC I am using now recognizes by sound when the crystal sky cable is plugged in or out but does not show up as an external disk but the Spark and two different tablets do. Why I want to get photos from the CS instead of the Spark is these are panoramas which I have stitched and downloaded per the Spark panorama photo instructions.
Also do you know what the type-C USB2.0 HS port on the CS is used for. I haven't been able to get a cable that fits there yet. I am using the the MIcro USB port on the side of the CS to connect to the PC. Sorry for the overlong reply.

2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Is that the area you are referring to? You need an OTG cable for that.
2018-3-13
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-13 13:42
Is that the area you are referring to? You need an OTG cable for that.

I am using port 4 at present to connect the CS to my PC. I know I need a OTG cable to connect to port 8, so far I have ordered two but neither has a plug that fits port 8. I live in a rural area so most of my electronic purchases are by the internet. Will a suitable OTG cable allow me to get photos from the CS monitor. I am going soon to my nearest small town with some electronics dealers so I will try there. I have the DJI Assistant 2 app on this PC and when I activated it yesterday it updated the Spark AC when I connected it to this PC. Didn't manage to use that app to get photos off the CS but will try that later. Apparently DJI advises not to connect the Spark to the CS via an OTG cable, just use the wifi which worked for me.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Normanby Posted at 2018-3-13 14:02
I am using port 4 at present to connect the CS to my PC. I know I need a OTG cable to connect to port 8, so far I have ordered two but neither has a plug that fits port 8. I live in a rural area so most of my electronic purchases are by the internet. Will a suitable OTG cable allow me to get photos from the CS monitor. I am going soon to my nearest small town with some electronics dealers so I will try there. I have the DJI Assistant 2 app on this PC and when I activated it yesterday it updated the Spark AC when I connected it to this PC. Didn't manage to use that app to get photos off the CS but will try that later. Apparently DJI advises not to connect the Spark to the CS via an OTG cable, just use the wifi which worked for me.

As a suggestion, if you are looking to transfer photos from your spark, try this step:  Eject the microSD card, stick it into an adapter and plug it into your pc/laptop. That would be the most efficient way to go forward.
2018-3-13
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-13 14:15
As a suggestion, if you are looking to transfer photos from your spark, try this step:  Eject the microSD card, stick it into an adapter and plug it into your pc/laptop. That would be the most efficient way to go forward.

Thanks for this reply. I have taken both MicroSD cards from the CS monitor but nothing on them, must be in the CS memory. I sometimes have taken the microSD card from the Spark and used a reader but the single photos and videos are obtained all right but the Panoramas are all separate photos, not stitched. Leaving now as I have appointments in town so will get any reply later.
2018-3-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

when you connect the CS either via the micro usb on the side or the usb-c on the bottom, you'll hear the pc connect with some  "dings"

You'll see in the photo below that a message will come up on the notification side of the settings screen, you need to tap on this message.

A second screen will pop up with " turn on USB storage" button in blue, tap on this and a "DJI" drive  e.g E: should be created in you PC file explorer , this will then show the internal CS storage.

You'll also see another removable drive in the PC file explorer and this will have a different drive name e.g G:, this is your SD cards have you have installed on the CS

You'll have to download the panoramas from the Spark to the CS via the playback mode in the DJI Go 4 app, when you open the photo you should see a download button in the bottom right of the screen. I think they are saved to the CS pictures folder, then you should be able to move them to the PC from the CS

2018-3-13
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 2018-3-13 15:20
when you connect the CS either via the micro usb on the side or the usb-c on the bottom, you'll hear the pc connect with some  "dings"

You'll see in the photo below that a message will come up on the notification side of the settings screen, you need to tap on this message.

Thank you Iannes, after getting back I read this post and managed to get that screen on the CS monitor and connect to my PC by using "turn on USB storage" and the CS showing in file explorer as DJI (E) drive, opened this and can find a pictures folder but only four photos in there, panoramas but what should be spherical ones aren't, just distorted  long photos. In DJI (E) drive I have now opened DJI GO V4 cache image folder and found more photos there but no sphere panos but I will investigate further. Now have to leave for an appointment in another town but only 30 Kms away. Thank you for your interest.
2018-3-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Normanby Posted at 2018-3-13 22:01
Thank you Iannes, after getting back I read this post and managed to get that screen on the CS monitor and connect to my PC by using "turn on USB storage" and the CS showing in file explorer as DJI (E) drive, opened this and can find a pictures folder but only four photos in there, panoramas but what should be spherical ones aren't, just distorted  long photos. In DJI (E) drive I have now opened DJI GO V4 cache image folder and found more photos there but no sphere panos but I will investigate further. Now have to leave for an appointment in another town but only 30 Kms away. Thank you for your interest.

I think with the spherical photos, an option pops up in DJI Go 4 when you first trying to take one, it gives you the option of storing the photos as the stitched output or the separate photos.

A lot of people use Microsoft ICE to stitch photos to together

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-3-13
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 2018-3-13 22:32
I think with the spherical photos, an option pops up in DJI Go 4 when you first trying to take one, it gives you the option of storing the photos as the stitched output or the separate photos.

As an update I have managed to put together some sphere panos recently with advice from Iannes above and some tutorial videos from Bing Err. It seems that I can't download actual stitched sphere panos from the DJI GO 4 app except maybe to a site such as facebook etc which I did not try. Using the Microsoft ICE program enabled me to stitch the 46 shots together and keep on my PC to email to others. Satisfied so far but more to learn about this process and using the Crystalsky. I will continue with the process and hope it becomes simpler with experience. Thanks to Iannes and others for your interest.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules