Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky Ultra Bright - went dark on one side
1496 12 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Mister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

I had my mainden voyage with my new Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra Bright monitor today.  For the first 5 minutes I was very impressed. However, just over 5 or 6 minutes into my first flight, the screen went solid black.  I tried to turn it on and off a few times, but nothnig worked.  I clicked the Return to home button and while my I2 was on the way back, the screen turned back on.  The left side looked normal, the right side was much darker. I landed and tried removing the battery, installing a new battery and then I even reset the monitor completely.  The left side of the screen is still much darker than the right side and very annoying.
The picture below demmostraits what I am seeing, but it's much more obvious when outside in bright conditions.

Any thoughts?
IMG_3698.JPG
2018-3-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

This is happening to quite a few people with Ultra Bright's. I was just about to buy one over the weekend and my local supplier plus mentioned they got quite a few back with the same issue. You will probably find that it didn't actually switch off but the back-light failed or overheated.
2018-3-11
Use props
skypal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Same here, I have been using it one time only and it wasn't even summer. Did we fall for another Dji trash? I really start to hate them.
2018-3-12
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.4
United States

I'm guessing there is no "fix" for this. I will most likely have to send this back as well.  I'm having terrible luck with DJI lately. I've lost track of the number of things that have failed right out of the box.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-3-12 08:22
I'm guessing there is no "fix" for this. I will most likely have to send this back as well.  I'm having terrible luck with DJI lately. I've lost track of the number of things that have failed right out of the box.

Hi Mr.Mister, we are terribly sorry for the recent bad experience with our product, the device will need to be sent in for repair service, please fill in online repair form here to start a ticket: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index We will keep improving the quality of products to make you have a better experience in the future.
2018-3-12
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 23:31
Hi Mr.Mister, we are terribly sorry for the recent bad experience with our product, the device will need to be sent in for repair service, please fill in online repair form here to start a ticket: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index We will keep improving the quality of products to make you have a better experience in the future.

Hi Mindy,

Unfortunately, I returned this to the dealer. I don't think I should have to wait to have it repaired since it was bad right from the start.  I've already started the process and received my new CS today.  I will be testing it out in the coming days to see how it works.

The dealer told me that the return rate on the CS Ultra is huge. He said it was over 35% due to failure and quality issues.  I'm hoping the second one works. I really feel sorry for the dealer. I've now had to return the Cendence and a CrystalSky - both were bad on the first use.  If the new CS is bad, it's instantly going back along with the Cendence and I'll just stick with stock controller and my trusty iPad.

2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-3-15 17:03
Hi Mindy,

Unfortunately, I returned this to the dealer. I don't think I should have to wait to have it repaired since it was bad right from the start.  I've already started the process and received my new CS today.  I will be testing it out in the coming days to see how it works.

We sympathize with the dealer too, sorry again for the experience with us, hope the issue will not happen again.
2018-3-16
Use props
daev2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the 7.85" Ultrabright and 5.5" 3 weeks ago. In the short time I have used my 7.85" Ultrabright I have never heard the fan start which makes me worry. On the 5.5" it starts and stops all the time. Sometimes its a high pitch and loud. Both were purchased with 20% off coupons from DJI Select and they shipped same day. After that I still get 1% back in store credits. I like them both and hope they give me several years of reliable service.
2018-3-16
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.4
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-3-16 16:53
I bought the 7.85" Ultrabright and 5.5" 3 weeks ago. In the short time I have used my 7.85" Ultrabright I have never heard the fan start which makes me worry. On the 5.5" it starts and stops all the time. Sometimes its a high pitch and loud. Both were purchased with 20% off coupons from DJI Select and they shipped same day. After that I still get 1% back in store credits. I like them both and hope they give me several years of reliable service.

The fact that the fan is not turning on would concern me. I have since replaced my faulty 7.85 with a new unit and it's working great so far. The fan comes on within a few minutes of use and it's very noticeable.
2018-3-23
Use props
tvworks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36050 ft

We purchased x2  7.85" Ultrabright and both died within 2 days of each other. Total usage time 3 hours each approx. Disastrous and ludicrous outcome. We are waiting on repair NOT replacement which adds more insult to the wound. Imagine going to any major retailer and have a product utterly fail within 7 days and not be given an immediate replacement. If this were Sony, Samsung etc we would not expect or settle for anything less than an immediate replacement,  yet DJI get away with treating their customers with utter contempt. Whoever said competition is a good thing was dead right.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvworks Posted at 2018-4-16 02:12
We purchased x2  7.85" Ultrabright and both died within 2 days of each other. Total usage time 3 hours each approx. Disastrous and ludicrous outcome. We are waiting on repair NOT replacement which adds more insult to the wound. Imagine going to any major retailer and have a product utterly fail within 7 days and not be given an immediate replacement. If this were Sony, Samsung etc we would not expect or settle for anything less than an immediate replacement,  yet DJI get away with treating their customers with utter contempt. Whoever said competition is a good thing was dead right.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, if the device meets our return&refund or replacement policy, we will arrange refund or replacement, just to verify, you sent in the device to your dealer right?
2018-4-17
Use props
tvworks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36050 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 01:19
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, if the device meets our return&refund or replacement policy, we will arrange refund or replacement, just to verify, you sent in the device to your dealer right?

Thank you for your reply. Yes both returned to dealer but unfortunately he has been told there is a 2 month delay on new stock
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvworks Posted at 2018-4-19 02:04
Thank you for your reply. Yes both returned to dealer but unfortunately he has been told there is a 2 month delay on new stock

That is unfortunate to know, hope you will get the replacement soon.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules