Zenmuse Z15-5D III (HD) Freaking out after GCU/IMU update
3783 20 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexeyzhukov
New

Russia

S1000+A2+Z15+LB
So everything worked pretty nice despite no video link to my android, all the firmwares on A2 and LB were up to date. Triple checked all the wires. The only chance was to update Z15 GCU.And so it's began. After updating both GCU and IMU and power cycling the device, gimbal went nuts. It kept turning from side by side in the Y axis up to the limit with serious impact, then freeze in one position trying to burn motors and starts this self destructing procedure again when touched.

The assistant software (How came there's no mac version?) shows now that it is BMPCC. Tried to refresh the firmware, no good. Unplugged the Z15 connector from GCU and updated, no good. Have found a couple of guys with same exact problems
but unfortunately no solution.

Replacing the GCU/contacting the dealer seems to be an option, but it means time and money and sounds like "We dont give a **** about your problem"
Any chance to downgrade? Any developer mode?
2015-5-5
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Please contact your dealer to get a new  5D3 GCU, this is for free as long as your dealer is DJI's  official dealer.  Downgrade under this situation wouldn't help.
2015-5-5
Use props
alexeyzhukov
New

Russia

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-6 11:43
Please contact your dealer to get a new  5D3 GCU, this is for free as long as your dealer is DJI's   ...

Nice, dealer said they will replace it within 2 days
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Happy to learn that your problem is under settlement
2015-5-10
Use props
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading to the latest firmware for the GCU/IMU. The camera is now uncontrollable crashing into its its stops and juddering like mad. When will we have a solution to this? it looks from the previous posts it has been happening for a long time!
2015-6-10
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jonathan.deibel Posted at 2015-6-11 05:29
I have exactly the same issue after upgrading to the latest firmware for the GCU/IMU. The camera is  ...

Please contact your dealer to get a new  5D3 GCU, this is for free as long as your dealer is DJI's  official dealer.  
2015-6-11
Use props
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have returned my gimbal to my shop and it has been sent to germany for repair. I'm sure this will be resolved one way or another but why is DJI releasing updates for the gimbal that clearly haven't been tested enough? and have they now resolved the issue with a new update?
2015-6-15
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jonathan.deibel Posted at 2015-6-16 04:04
I have returned my gimbal to my shop and it has been sent to germany for repair. I'm sure this will  ...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This problem is occured during the firmware upgrade, we are investigaing the root cause, currently DJI has authorized official dealer to replace the GCU for free.
2015-6-16
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
South Africa

Please tell me there is a fix in the works sometime. I live in South Africa and returning this from here to wherever is extremely difficult.
2015-9-25
Use props
a.appleyard
New

United Kingdom

Reading the problems with DJI software updates. I think this answers my current problem. My Z15 gimbal / canon 5d mk3 was functioning fine until I updated the software last night 201015 and now its totally uncontrollable.  Cannot perform re-set and gimbal motors get extremely hot after a few mins.
Any solutions other than sending this all back to DJI ?

Further information about my above reported problems.  I found the following day that when I losened the camera base plate mounting thumb screw the Gimbal suddenly worked fine.  The camera is held with the lens ring anyway, but dont want to leave the camera base plate mounting thumb screw out alltogether so have used a rubber washer in between the base plate and screw.  This allows the camera to be retained lightlty and prevents the screw from vibrating and falling out all together.  I may even drill a small hole in the screw and attach a thin flexible safety wire to this like on stage lighting systems as a secondary safety system.  

My question to DJI is why does this problem with the tightening of the camera base screw occur whern cleary the camera base plate mounting thumb screw is there for a reason and is there a mechanical interferance problem in the gimbla design between the camera base plate mounting and lens ring mounting ?
2015-10-21
Use props
Hsphoto
New

United States

jjd@iafrica.com Posted at 2015-9-25 14:01
https://youtu.be/_U6hjmGdzLI

Please tell me there is a fix in the works sometime. I live in South A ...

Help I'm in the same trouble ............setting up LB2 with Z15-5D (HD) for 5d mark II
And after mapping to A2 controller which I thought was going well , but nothing on the gimbal was working............ So I did Firmware on my GCU and all hell broke loose your video looks like my my shop
Last night .......
? So is the answer return it is that all ?
2015-10-24
Use props
Hsphoto
New

United States

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-16 04:35
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This problem is occured during the firmware upgrade, we are in ...

And after mapping to A2 controller which I thought was going well , but nothing on the gimbal was working............ So I did Firmware on my GCU and all hell broke loose your video looks like my my shop
Last night .......
? So is the answer return it is that all ?

I guess I'll try California Service
2015-10-24
Use props
cardude
New

Denmark

so what is the solution when i have bought a "used" never flown 3 years old S1000 with a zenmuse z15-5d III camera gimbal, updated the GCU and same problem as the others, i have no original invoice and no contact to the original dealer.
2018-12-23
Use props
cardude
New

Denmark

well my solution was to buy a used gimbal with controler and supprise then everything worked, narrowing down the problem the gimbal controler is the basic problem. now i have a gimbal controler thats in BMPCC mode and unable to change it back
2020-10-4
Use props
cardude
New

Denmark

cardude Posted at 10-4 10:47
well my solution was to buy a used gimbal with controler and supprise then everything worked, narrowing down the problem the gimbal controler is the basic problem. now i have a gimbal controler thats in BMPCC mode and unable to change it back

actually i thought it worked, also found out that miniosd with zenmuse pluged into this worked in canport 2 but now no led so going to buy a hub but in can 2 it works with gimbal control..
2020-10-8
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1082100 ft

United States

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading to the latest firmware for the GCU/IMU. The camera is now uncontrollable crashing into its stops and juddering like crazy.  this is a new system that has been sitting for two years till I got it.   I set it all up to a new Z15 5Dlll gimbal with gcu with its own DJI 5.8 GHz remote, Wookong with light bridge it was all working perfect. till i updated the last thing the Z15 now its going crazy.
anyone got the fix
thanks
kent g
t
2021-1-31
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2

United States

cardude Posted at 2018-12-23 11:40
so what is the solution when i have bought a "used" never flown 3 years old S1000 with a zenmuse z15-5d III camera gimbal, updated the GCU and same problem as the others, i have no original invoice and no contact to the original dealer.

I have the same problem as you, I have a new never flown S1000 and Z15, the same freaking out after I update it to talk to my new receiver so I thought.  if you have any info, that would be nice
thank you
2021-1-31
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2

United States

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-16 03:35
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This problem is occured during the firmware upgrade, we are investigaing the root cause, currently DJI has authorized official dealer to replace the GCU for free.

2021-2-1
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2

United States

2021-2-1
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2

United States

cardude Posted at 2018-12-23 11:40

did you ever get it fixed ?
2021-2-6
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2

United States

Help i have new equipment that is broke due to a upgrade. thanks DJI
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now