Why "Warning:Shooting is currently not permitted." ??
1354 11 2018-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pashas_dad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982723 ft
United States

Was flying the Mavic Air late this afternoon and tried to take a panorama and kept getting the warning that:     

Warning:Shooting is currently not permitted.

There was almost no wind, thought that perhaps that is what prevented pano shootong in the past. I could shoot single exposures, videos and AEB photos just fine,
why the restriction in pano mode?

Anyone have any idea?

2018-3-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this occasionally on mine and simply moving the gimbal up or down seems to make it go away. I think it is a bug in the software.
On mine also, if I try to shoot a pano in S mode, the camera locks up and the only thing that will unlock it is to land and reboot.
On Spark, if trying to shoot pano in S mode, shooting not permitted comes up but that is all. Switching back to P mode fixes that.
2018-3-11
Use props
pashas_dad
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-3-11 16:04
I get this occasionally on mine and simply moving the gimbal up or down seems to make it go away. I think it is a bug in the software.
On mine also, if I try to shoot a pano in S mode, the camera locks up and the only thing that will unlock it is to land and reboot.
On Spark, if trying to shoot pano in S mode, shooting not permitted comes up but that is all. Switching back to P mode fixes that.

Hmmm...I did in fact move the gimbal up and down but mine never made it go away. There's got to be some other cause unless its a possible "feature" of the software.
2018-3-11
Use props
csevengo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1172221 ft
United States

If I remember correctly I had the same warning while trying a pano in sport mode. I switched back and all was fine.
2018-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

You were to close to a Classified Top-Secret DOE/DOD site.

You violated new Class T unmarked no-fly zone.
Class T are unmarked because they Classified Top-Secret.
2018-3-11
Use props
pashas_dad
lvl.4
United States

csevengo Posted at 2018-3-11 16:15
If I remember correctly I had the same warning while trying a pano in sport mode. I switched back and all was fine.

Wasn’t in sport modewhen this error occurred.  
Any additional ideas on its source?  
2018-3-11
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

I would get this error with my Mavic Air if I was at my maximum flight altitude (122m or ~398ft). I have to fly down to 120m (~392ft) and then it would let me.

See if this is the case with you.
2018-3-11
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
United States

As an aside, I changed max flight alts to see if it was a built-in restriction in the US or if it was based on my settings.

I found that I had to fly 5 - 8 feet under whatever I set as max flight alt.
2018-3-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

pashas_dad Posted at 2018-3-11 21:34
Wasn’t in sport modewhen this error occurred.  
Any additional ideas on its source?

I had the error also and i tried:
- Switching WiFi channels from 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz
  It seemed to work for a few flights ... but at the end, again the Warning: ... not permitted
- flying at different altitudes - same thing
- flying at different wind situations (All within the specs)
  Here i thought there is a common root cause - Wind speed (If speed exceeds a [unknown] velocity, the warning is triggered).
  But after a few tests, it looked that there is also no relationship.
  i.e.: Trying to shoot a pano multiple times at one location, i always got the Warning, but moving the aircraft approximately 0,5m laterally in another direction, it worked...

So, why does DJI not tell us the reason(s) that triggers the Warning and we are unable to take the pano?

2018-3-11
Use props
pashas_dad
lvl.4
United States

ChaosKnign Posted at 2018-3-11 21:45
As an aside, I changed max flight alts to see if it was a built-in restriction in the US or if it was based on my settings.

I found that I had to fly 5 - 8 feet under whatever I set as max flight alt.

That’s interesting, thank you.  I was at max altitude. Will try lowering a bit to see if that helps.  
2018-3-11
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
United States

Another interesting bit, since I see you have a Spark as well, this doesn’t seem to be the case with the Spark. Only the Air gives me these errors.
2018-3-11
Use props
pashas_dad
lvl.4
United States

Never got this error on my Spark, only on the Mavic Air.  
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules