Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mavic air - front fold down landing gear
6742 13 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Dolese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288661 ft
United States

had an issue this weekend whereby i flew in the wrong direction and into the side of the house   unit fell about 20 feet and other than broken props and the right front fold down landing gear the unit withstood the impact impressively

unit continues to fly with no issue and somehow didnt receive a scratch through the ordeal - the only issue is that right front fold out landair gear will not lock up or down

the issue as i see it, is the little plug that hold that fold out leg in securely and locks it up or down; it looks like i should be able to replace that plug on its own without having to replace the entire arm ?

i do have DJI care refresh but didnt want to execute it over something this minor unless i had to

does anyone know if thats the case ?  i saw a teardown of a unit here https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/d ... ardown-whats-inside Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.31.14 AM.png

they show what this looks like with the  screw removed, however dont discuss it further...

here is what it should look like
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 9.30.26 AM.png

and here is what mine looks like after the crash ...

broken foot plug

broken foot plug

i see the arms for sale on ebay but couldnt find any other info about replacing that small part that looks like a plug and locks the gear up or down  - just wondering if anyone else has come acorss this - i do have DJI care refresh but didnt want to burn one of my two incidents on this if i didnt have to; seems obvious that this would be a weak point in a crash and that DJI would have accounted for this with  a replacement part but i cant find anything but full arms available  

thoughts ?

2018-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try amazon and eBay for spare parts as DJI don’t sell them. That said, if you want 100% assurance that it’s fixed then best to send it in as you have cover anyway. The refresh plan you have paid for may become void (with no refund) if you tamper with the drone...
2018-3-16
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Contact dji support and have your drone sent in  their repair team should possibly find options on replacing a specific part. They do not sell that on dji store. Dji also do not recommend making repairs on your own it will void your warranty
2018-3-16
Use props
chrisdolese
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-16 14:21
Try amazon and eBay for spare parts as DJI don’t sell them. That said, if you want 100% assurance that it’s fixed then best to send it in as you have cover anyway. The refresh plan you have paid for may become void (with no refund) if you tamper with the drone...

good point -  i guess the only user serviceable parts are the prop and battery
2018-3-16
Use props
chrisdolese
lvl.2
United States

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-16 14:34
Contact dji support and have your drone sent in  their repair team should possibly find options on replacing a specific part. They do not sell that on dji store. Dji also do not recommend making repairs on your own it will void your warranty

yeah yeah

was just trying to avoid that over something so minor;  you only get two refreshes -- you have the option to pay for repair or exercise refresh... thats my understanding so ill see what they quote when i send it in

thanks
2018-3-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would just add a small piece of 3m double sided tape or thin velcro double sided here to hold the leg open

2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Chris, I'm sorry to read the crash. The performance cannot be ensured after the crash. To ensure the flight safety, I'd suggest sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
Whether you'd like to repair or use the refresh chance, the decision can be made later after receiving the quotation.
2018-3-16
Use props
Bigbeardonnie
New
Australia

I had exactly the same problem with a minor crash, i'd rather not send it away as i use it just about every weekend. Did you get it rectified?
2019-2-18
Use props
chrisdolese
lvl.2
United States

i did get it fixed and i did have to send it away

process was quick and smooth however

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chrisdolese Posted at 2-18 12:44

Thanks for keeping us updated. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bigbeardonnie Posted at 2-18 12:42
I had exactly the same problem with a minor crash, i'd rather not send it away as i use it just about every weekend. Did you get it rectified?

Hi Bigbeardonnie, there is an official DJI service center in Australia, you may start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
Also, the general turnaround is about 5-6 working days after the local team receives the package, if you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us, we'll be here for help all the time.
2019-2-18
Use props
Bigbeardonnie
New
Australia

chrisdolese Posted at 2-18 12:44

Awesome ok i will shoot it away.
2019-2-18
Use props
Bigbeardonnie
New
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 20:11
Hi Bigbeardonnie, there is an official DJI service center in Australia, you may start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
Also, the general turnaround is about 5-6 working days after the local team receives the package, if you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us, we'll be here for help all the time.

Thanks I will drop into my service center
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bigbeardonnie Posted at 2-18 22:11
Thanks I will drop into my service center

My pleasure. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules