Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse X7 vs. Zenmuse X5 S/R
1907 2 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

Hello there! For inspection purposes I think of getting an Inspire 2; but I would like to know whether I should get a Zenmuse X7 or a Zenmus X5
Of course I don't need the best quality, but is there maybe someone who knows the main differences between the X7 and the X5 in first hand?
In terms of Zenmuse X5: Would you rather X5S or the X5R

2018-3-12
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

X5R are only for Inspire 1..?
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your interest, the Zenmuse X7 is equipped with a Super 35 mm image sensor and a DL-Mount that designed for aerial photography with four compatible lenses (16mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm). In contrast, the Zenmuse X5S uses a 4/3-inch sensor, supporting eight professional lenses with a standard M4/3 mount. If you don't need the best quality, X5S is OK.

X5S is compatible with Inspire 2 while X5R is for Inspire 1. Here are more details of difference between them:
The Zenmuse X5R was DJI’s first M4/3 camera dedicated to aerial photography. With a 16-megapixel sensor it is capable of recording 4K/30 in CinemaDNG RAW at an average bitrate of 1.7Gbps. The Zenmuse X5S is a major upgrade over this camera. New features include:

a. A new quick-release connector to connect the Inspire 2 and the Zenmuse X5S. As it has been separated from its image processing system, the camera sensor is protected from magnetic interference and thermal noise.
b. An uprated 20.8-megapixel sensor has a better signal to noise ratio and improved color sensitivity. Working with advanced oversampling technology, it creates clear, low noise images.
c. When used with the CineCore 2.0 image processing system on the Inspire 2, the Zenmuse X5S is able to record 4k/30 oversampling video in both H.264 and H.265 codecs, with a maximum bitrate of 100Mbps. When DJI Inspire 2 License Keys are used and the DJI CINESSD is equipped, the Zenmuse X5S can record 5.2K/30 or 4K/60 video in CinemaDNG, 5.2K/30 in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, and 4K/30 in Apple ProRes 4444 XQ video (no alpha). When shooting at 5.2K, the Zenmuse X5S has a maximum bitrate of 4.2Gbps.

2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules