Canyon and beach
692 15 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

This was a solo ride to continue working with ActiveTrack.

The canyon experiment was OK but because of the steep slopes and lack of side collision avoidance I had to fly the Air high above. If I had it to do over, I would have positioned the aircraft behind me and had it follow me down the canyon.

The "Sedona" LUT was used in Premiere Pro which made a huge difference in the colors.

For the beach, I found I could park with the kickstand on a piece of debris. Then I launched and recovered from a convenient boulder. Then remounted the bike and set up ActiveTrack.

I have found it works best to draw the ActiveTrack box manually a few times until it is just right. This seems to work better than the auto detection. It is worth taking some time to get the tracking box really perfect because otherwise the chances of losing tracking are very high.

I wear the controller and phone with a lanyard around my neck. This has mini-carabiners so I can quickly put it on without taking off the helmet. It sits on my chest armor with the antennas upright.

The tracking worked well, including a 180 degree turn. You can see me looking at the aircraft to see if it has been left behind.

Wearing a helmet and earplugs, I can't hear the aircraft while riding. Mountain biking is much easier in this respect.

"Batiog" LUT was used for the beach.

If quality is low, click your gear icon in the player and set it to 1080P.

2018-3-12
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

It is so nice to watch and make me wanna try it
2018-3-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Active track looks to be working great in this quality vid and thanks for showing
2018-3-12
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-12 07:25
Active track looks to be working great in this quality vid and thanks for showing

Thank you both for the feedback
2018-3-12
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Looks like you got the speed down just right for Active track.  

I Enjoyed your ride along the beach. With the controller around your neck do you worry you might bump the sticks?

Hope to see more videos.

2018-3-12
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Very nice job.  So, for this, why do you wear ear plugs?  Hopefully not for iTunes.  
One caution I would extend - and you may know this already:  If you use active track and have the quad follow you, be aware that is does NOT follow your exact path.  If you make a hard right turn, the bird will cut diagonally to regain its position behind you.  And, if you happened to pass a tree while making that turn, the quad will likely cut across and into that tree (if you're not high enough).  Anyway, let's see more from ya.
2018-3-12
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Can't go wrong with that location!
Oh, and was that a kid peeping out of your backpack??
2018-3-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great video, thank you! And amazing to see how smooth the movements are with active track.
2018-3-12
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful location, you can't go wrong being at a beach.
2018-3-12
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-12 08:05
Looks like you got the speed down just right for Active track.  

I Enjoyed your ride along the beach. With the controller around your neck do you worry you might bump the sticks?

I'm sure they get bumped some but it has not been a problem

I can flip everything over but then the antennas are pointing down

Also I could remove the sticks and just use the balls but I prefer the sticks
2018-3-12
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-12 08:16
Very nice job.  So, for this, why do you wear ear plugs?  Hopefully not for iTunes.  
One caution I would extend - and you may know this already:  If you use active track and have the quad follow you, be aware that is does NOT follow your exact path.  If you make a hard right turn, the bird will cut diagonally to regain its position behind you.  And, if you happened to pass a tree while making that turn, the quad will likely cut across and into that tree (if you're not high enough).  Anyway, let's see more from ya.

My bike produces about 87 dB and the action level is 85 dB so I always wear 32 dB earplugs. I prefer not to take off any gear because it all takes time that adds up.

Yes, you have to be very careful. I have not had a single crash in about 70 flights due to collision avoidance but it is limited to the side.

Thanks for the feedback.
2018-3-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
Like the helmet shots as well
2018-3-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel (trainsandtrucks)
2018-3-12
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

HighMesa Posted at 2018-3-12 09:33
My bike produces about 87 dB and the action level is 85 dB so I always wear 32 dB earplugs. I prefer not to take off any gear because it all takes time that adds up.

Yes, you have to be very careful. I have not had a single crash in about 70 flights due to collision avoidance but it is limited to the side.

You're smart!  During Viet Nam, I was put in charge of a gun range.  And, as a twenty something, wearing ear protection was never even a consideration.  So, today I have very nice hearing aids.  ;)
2018-3-12
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Good Work!
2018-3-12
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft