First Time dji Phantom 4 Pro Owner
1237 13 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marine63
lvl.1

United States

First time post on this forum.  

I have an opportunity to purchase a dji Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian for $1100.  According to the seller who says he has his FAA Remote Pilot License and assures me the unit has never been crashed.  He also says the battery has 15 charges on it.

Would like to know if this is a good deal or should I spend a little bit more money to buy brand new?

Thanks in advance.

Marine63
2018-3-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like a very good deal.
2018-3-12
Use props
Scott.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like a good deal. You could ask him to supply screenshots from the DJI Go app to verify the battery cycles and total flight time
2018-3-12
Use props
Marine63
lvl.1

United States

Scott. Posted at 2018-3-12 13:01
Sounds like a good deal. You could ask him to supply screenshots from the DJI Go app to verify the battery cycles and total flight time

I will take that under advisement.  I appreciate the input.
2018-3-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Before you purchase i would strongly recommend seeing a test flight and preferably fly it your self test the gimbal motion and camera feeds
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Congratulations first! As Hellsgate mentioned, take a flight on site and ensure everything works well before you make the purchase.
2018-3-12
Use props
Chris12865
lvl.1
United States

It's a good deal as long as all the accessories are included.
2018-3-13
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Good deal i think.
2018-3-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Marine63 Posted at 2018-3-12 13:08
I will take that under advisement.  I appreciate the input.

Also make sure you check the actual output from the camera yourself (mainly pictures as they give te best resolution) for defects.
Try the focus etc
2018-3-13
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst taking the test flight also use the opportunity to look  at the state of the battery and other information available in the menus. Check along the lines of fir of the two halves of the hull to see that they are joined up correctly, and of course, check for any cracks, small or otherwise in the hull and legs. If all is well then it is a superb aircraft, you will not be disappointed.
2018-3-13
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-12 16:02
Before you purchase i would strongly recommend seeing a test flight and preferably fly it your self test the gimbal motion and camera feeds

^^^This^^^
2018-3-13
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have the good fortune others have. If there was a crappy drone to be had that looked like a good deal, it would end up at my house. I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't purchase anything in this hobby used. It's just too much money to take the chance that I'll be taken by someone trying to unload a faulty drone. To me, it's worth the extra investment to buy from DJI or a reputable dealer. I even bought the refresh just in case.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
2018-3-13
Use props
Marine63
lvl.1

United States

All,

Thanks for the replies to my original post.  I after careful consideration and getting confirmation from Jeff Millard's post I am going to choose to buy new.  That being said, your advice was not wasted and I now count your thoughts as knowledge gained.  Appreciate the feedback.  Peace.
2018-3-14
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marine63 Posted at 2018-3-14 07:49
All,

Thanks for the replies to my original post.  I after careful consideration and getting confirmation from Jeff Millard's post I am going to choose to buy new.  That being said, your advice was not wasted and I now count your thoughts as knowledge gained.  Appreciate the feedback.  Peace.

Please look carefully at what you intend to buy. If you're interested in using third-party applications to control your drone, understand that the Phantom 4 Pro+ controller will not let you add these apps. There is thread after thread of people who are upset that they didn't research the + controller in advance of spending the extra money. As if that's DJI's fault. I look forward to seeing your images and video in the future.

Jeff
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules