822 9 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8d18a80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8350 ft
United Kingdom

I own a DJI Phantom Pro 4
When it was new object avoidance worked a treat.
Its had one bump, into a tree. I regret at the same time I did my first update at that time (I should have just flew it first to check it all worked OK).

Now it flies OK but I cant for the life of me get th eradar or object avoidance to work. Ive tried millions of settings changes.
Ive downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 to my PC and tried to re-calibrate it. But the system just gives me the three step video and wont brighten up the button to calibrate but after a minute or two just asks to restart the Phantom - then the while process starts again. I get stuck in this eternal loop unable to do the dot-screen calibration step.

There are no sensor faults being reported.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Im regretting buying this now. What looks promising at first sight is in fact a really poorly supported device with overly complex set up routines. And non existence diagnostics. Im shocked how a product this badly supported get so many pundits. In my industry we'd get slaughtered trying to flog products with so little support.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Check the settings on the Go4 app to see if the sensors are turned on.
2018-3-12
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

When you are calibrating it in Assistant 2, do you get good images in the two monochrome sensor displays (left and right obstacle avoidance images)?
2018-3-12
Use props
fansd8d18a80
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Trust me to mis spell Avoidance! Doh!

In assistant 2 I don't get as far as seeing any image. I just get the introductory three tutorial displays but the button bottom right never becomes active. Instead, after a wait, it asks me to restart the drone and start again.

I'll quadzillion-th time re check the Go4 App but I'm re-charging the batteries first. It'll be a tomorrow job now I'm afraid.

Thank you both for replying.
2018-3-12
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

One thing i would add is make sure the ac battery has at least 50% charge , sometimes it wont let you do anything if it is below this ?
keep us posted with your results , also when you do get things sorted and go flying it will all be worth it these things are very complex but the results you can get are amazing .
good luck
2018-3-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I know this is a dumb question, but do you have it switched to sport mode?
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the VPS again to see whether it helps. If still no luck, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-3-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also, make sure you have very good light when doing the calibration and for the testing outside
2018-3-12
Use props
fansd8d18a80
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ive had another go with no luck. It flies OK and controls seem to generally work correctly except there's no radar display and no object avoidance.
Its operating in P mode (Ive tried all three modes and more) and it is turned on from the remote controller. The batteries are 100%.

I believe I have two problems.
Chiefly that object avoidance is broken or missing or corrupted. But I also don't get comms with the PC when running Assistant 2. Whilst it reads data and communicates - it does not go into the calibration mode. The button used to press and enter the routine does not get enabled. Instead an error message pops up to say re-boot the drone. But doing that simply re-initiates assistant 2 and I cant break out and get into the display to look at it at all. Being in the light or dark makes no difference because the system refuses to go that far.

Ive downloaded the programme three times on different machines now.

Very disillusioned about this. The craft seems to be OK but I cant find a key to unlock what the problem is and feel I'm wasting my life re-trying things all the while.
2018-3-13
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansd8d18a80 Posted at 2018-3-13 01:24
Ive had another go with no luck. It flies OK and controls seem to generally work correctly except there's no radar display and no object avoidance.
Its operating in P mode (Ive tried all three modes and more) and it is turned on from the remote controller. The batteries are 100%.

You might need to have Windows started with driver signature disabled, both when installing Assistant 2 and when running it for the Vision driver to work and do the calibration.

But honest, even with an uncalibrated system i guess you would have some response so it sounds like something is not right.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules