Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So had a terrible experience with DJI Select and it went like this:
1328 9 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brando
lvl.1
United States

I received a Mavic Air two weeks ago but haven’t had the chance to activate and fly it due to weather conditions. After finally activating the aircraft and going through my email I noticed that if you’re a DJI Select member you can now use your coupons with the Mavic Air including the DJI Care 50% off…Great I Thought, I’m a Select member, well not so great and here’s why.

I tried to purchase the DJI Care Refresh for the Air with the coupon less than 48 hours after activating the aircraft but the coupon wouldn’t work.

I contacted tech support and it went like this: Unfortunately you are unable to use the coupon unless you purchase them together (aircraft and refresh) so we can’t honor the coupon - huh - but the email came after the purchase.

Ok is there anything you can do for a good residual customer - 2 Sparks, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Goggles, 2 Spark charging stations and various other items all purchased from the DJI Store? No sorry our policy is we can only honor the coupon if you purchase them together (what’s the difference?).

So I asked should I return the Air and then re-purchase them together in order to get the discount the answer was YES if you meet the return policy criteria (huh - again). But wait you would rather take back an aircraft (used) then to just honor a coupon, YES was the answer

Unfortunately I didn’t meet the return criteria by 1 day (ugh) otherwise it was going back. I pleaded with support but unfortunately they just stuck to the script saying sorry our policy is we can only honor the coupon if you purchase them together.

At this point I kind of feel cheated with their inflexibility on such a minimal item especially being such a good customer this was not a good experience for me. Wish I would have bought it from Amazon so I could have returned it with no questions asked.

So is DJI Select worth it, well maybe if you play within their strict guide lines but, more over I’m not happy with the rigidity of the support staff for such a good customer.

It kind of bothers me to post this as I’m not a negative person but just thought others should know.

Was I asking too much?

2018-3-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I can understand your feelings, the start of DJI Select in combination with the Mavic Air was not a success story. They have rectified it recently https://forum.dji.com/thread-139047-1-1.html but this came too late for you, me and many others. I hope this will be handled better in the future.
2018-3-12
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

That's frustrating. I wonder if you could buy something for a friend and split the savings. For example, buy a $1000 drone for a friend; they get it for $750, you get $250 cash.
2018-3-12
Use props
Brando
lvl.1
United States

Thnx Wb, shame such small move on their part would have had great impact on cust relations...
2018-3-12
Use props
Brando
lvl.1
United States

Silvex, That would make me almost a best friend to them.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Brando, the 50% off DJI Care coupon is available for Mavic Air but you need to purchase designated drones with DJI Care in one order, we have made it clear in our policy, we appreciate your kind understanding. GTScreenshot_20180313_141957.png
Return & Refund Service will not be provided if it is requested beyond seven (7) calendars days of receiving a product, moreover, your drone has been activated and there is no any manufacturing defect. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
GTScreenshot_20180313_142557.png
2018-3-12
Use props
Brando
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 22:28
Hi Brando, the 50% off DJI Care coupon is available for Mavic Air but you need to purchase designated drones with DJI Care in one order, we have made it clear in our policy, we appreciate your kind understanding.[view_image]
Return & Refund Service will not be provided if it is requested beyond seven (7) calendars days of receiving a product, moreover, your drone has been activated and there is no any manufacturing defect. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
[view_image]

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the response...

Yeah I see that now, was just a little excited that I could save some money and didn't read the details.

My issue was I received the email 6 days after Mavic Air purchase and didn't act quick enough.

It's a shame that we couldn't do anything for the customers who's purchases were already in the pipeline.

I guess next time I'll wait for the Rewards policies to catch up to Sales (Mavic Pro II).

Just as a last note I followed what others have suggested and purchased an insurance policy from State Farm which seems to fit my needs.

Thanks again for the response and looking forward to many good days of flying.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Brando Posted at 2018-3-13 06:42
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the response...

We apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused and thanks for your understanding very much, hope we can serve you next time. Enjoy flying.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansbecbaf59
Flight distance : 4423 ft
  • >>>

This is still an issue. I purchased DJI select back in March and in August purchased the new mavic 2 pro with dji care refresh and the coupon would not apply. I contacted support who told me none of the coupons currently work for the new drones as they were not in the system yet and it was a known issue. Fast forward to a month later almost, I went to purchase an accessory for the Mavic 2 Pro (ND Filters -which have been out of stock since launch and when they came back in stock today have gone up $20) and the accessory coupon wont work. Support tells me it wont work because the drone is so new. They also tell me I will not be credited the difference for the dji care refresh because it can only be done during the order(which they told me they couldn't do during the order).  DJI select also states we will receive early access to new products (not happened)and Regular Deals, Gifts and more (not a single one in 7 months). My guess at this point is DJI Select is a scam and I would not recommend purchasing it. We will see when the supervisor calls (if they actually call).
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbecbaf59 Posted at 2018-9-20 12:19
This is still an issue. I purchased DJI select back in March and in August purchased the new mavic 2 pro with dji care refresh and the coupon would not apply. I contacted support who told me none of the coupons currently work for the new drones as they were not in the system yet and it was a known issue. Fast forward to a month later almost, I went to purchase an accessory for the Mavic 2 Pro (ND Filters -which have been out of stock since launch and when they came back in stock today have gone up $20) and the accessory coupon wont work. Support tells me it wont work because the drone is so new. They also tell me I will not be credited the difference for the dji care refresh because it can only be done during the order(which they told me they couldn't do during the order).  DJI select also states we will receive early access to new products (not happened)and Regular Deals, Gifts and more (not a single one in 7 months). My guess at this point is DJI Select is a scam and I would not recommend purchasing it. We will see when the supervisor calls (if they actually call).

Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, DJI Select is usually not available for the new-released product at the first beginning, for Mavic 2, only the 50% Off DJI Care and DJI Care Refresh and the Prioritized Shipping are available.  DJI Select Accessories Coupons cannot currently be used with the Mavic 2, but will at a future date.
May I know how did you contact our support that 50% Off DJI Care and DJI Care Refresh is not available? Could you please PM us your contact info so that we can make an investigation to see if our support gave the wrong answer? Thank you.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules