Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Gimbal disconnected" message in DJI Go app
15581 15 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kieren M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38973 ft

United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]Hi all,
[size=14.6667px]I have been trying to figure out an issue with my P3P.

[size=14.6667px]I have not flown it in the winter months and I was going to start flying again now. However, I booted up the transmitter and drone and the Go app says "Gimbal status Gimbal disconnected". The LED on the front of the gimbal platform also doesn't light up as it should. I also realised there was a firmware update available so I decided to try that to see if the problem would be resolved. This issue also means that the SD card can't be read by the P3, so it took a few boots to get the update to start. I also updated the transmitter separately.

[size=14.6667px]After the update, I tried booting it again and still had the "Gimbal disconnected" message. I have two batteries so I updated the second battery too. Neither battery stops the message. Because of this issue, I also don't get a live video feed, instead the DJI logo is in the middle of the screen.

[size=14.6667px]I have researched this quite a lot and looked through many forum threads and have tried a lot of the suggestions.

[size=14.6667px]The suggestions I have tried are:
  • rebooting everything (mobile device, transmitter, drone, dji go app)
  • updating firmware
  • reinstalling dji go app
  • formatting SD card (both inside the drone (when it works correctly) and by putting the SD card into my pc)
  • using another SD card
  • using another mobile device
  • resetting transmitter (hold C1, C2, video and right wheel button)
  • relinking transmitter and drone
  • trying both batteries
  • doing IMU and gimbal calibrations
  • unplugging and replugging the grey ribbon cables on top of gimbal platform
  • unplugging and replugging the battery between shut down and reboot
  • checking black flat ribbon cable for damage
  • booting the drone without SD card installed
  • booting the transmitter and drone without being connected to the Go app
  • reinstalling the newest firmware version on both batteries

[size=14.6667px]I cannot understand how it worked completely fine before, and now after a few months of not flying it simply does not work. It has never been crashed or damaged and the black flexible ribbon cable is intact as mentioned above. However, there is a slight separation in the cable. Could this be a cause? [size=14.6667px]It seems to be completely random when it goes wrong. If it boots up fine, the gimbal will stay connected for as long as I keep the drone on. As soon as I turn it off and turn it back on, it may work and it may not; it's unpredictable.

[size=14.6667px]Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stumped on what to try next.

[size=14.6667px]Thanks, Kieren
2018-3-12
Use props
Kieren M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also I tried downgrading the firmware which also didn't solve the issue, so I re-upgraded it to latest (1.11.20).
2018-3-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Kieren M Posted at 2018-3-12 10:01
Also I tried downgrading the firmware which also didn't solve the issue, so I re-upgraded it to latest (1.11.20).

Try unplugging then replugging the cable pin to the gimbal.
2018-3-12
Use props
Kieren M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-12 11:08
Try unplugging then replugging the cable pin to the gimbal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have just tried this but I still have "Gimbal disconnected" and no led on the front of the gimbal.
2018-3-12
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

Kieren M Posted at 2018-3-12 11:18
Thanks for the suggestion. I have just tried this but I still have "Gimbal disconnected" and no led on the front of the gimbal.

Hi Kieran M I had same problem with my P3A,  done all the trouble shooting like you, I eventually sent it in for repair 2 weeks ago and it’s on it’s way back repaired free of charge although it had been out of the 1 year manufacturers warranty, I started a theard on this issue if you follow some of my video posts to see if your issue is exactly the same, I would suggest a repair ticket, good luck
2018-3-12
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/thread-136828-1-1.html
2018-3-12
Use props
Kieren M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 2018-3-12 14:15
Hi Kieran M I had same problem with my P3A,  done all the trouble shooting like you, I eventually sent it in for repair 2 weeks ago and it’s on it’s way back repaired free of charge although it had been out of the 1 year manufacturers warranty, I started a theard on this issue if you follow some of my video posts to see if your issue is exactly the same, I would suggest a repair ticket, good luck

Hi thanks for the reply. I kind of expected to have to send in for repair, I'm just not sure if I want to deal with DJI support because of all the stories of 3 month waits and being sent other peoples' drones etc. There is a DJI recommended repair shop not too far from me called Drone Doctor and I wouldn't be voiding any warranty by using them as, like you, I am out of the warranty period.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Kieren, I'm sorry to read your post. It looks like the hardware issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-12
Use props
Cher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1377087 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-12 20:17
Hey Kieren, I'm sorry to read your post. It looks like the hardware issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

So why is this happening? I just boxed up my NEW Phantom 4 Pro and shipped it in for repair/replace and now the same error is happening with my Mavic Pro...what is going on?  Both drones worked perfectly until I updated to the latest firmware on the P4P last week. Now BOTH drones are giving me the gimbal disconnected error. What is going on?
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cher Posted at 2018-6-9 09:24
So why is this happening? I just boxed up my NEW Phantom 4 Pro and shipped it in for repair/replace and now the same error is happening with my Mavic Pro...what is going on?  Both drones worked perfectly until I updated to the latest firmware on the P4P last week. Now BOTH drones are giving me the gimbal disconnected error. What is going on?

Cher, sorry for the troubles. The issue may appear in different situations, just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, you can also try to reinstall the APP to see whether it is misinformation.
2018-6-14
Use props
fansec235508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546043 ft
  • >>>
Canada

same problem here, updated the latest firmware v 1.04.05 and I started getting this message. I didn't crash or damage the drone in any way. I just wanted to updated so I can get the annoying message of the app but after I did I can't use my drone anymore
2019-1-7
Use props
fansec235508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546043 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I also did all the steps mention in post #1 and it is still not working. Please help, looking forwards on flying my drone soon.
2019-1-7
Use props
Mooreled99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25673 ft
United States

I'm having very similar issue with Gimbal Disconnected, but I also have NO SD Card.  I have done all of the above troubleshooting and still get Failed Update/Refresh from DJI Assistant 2 and DJIgo4.
Any resolutions available?
2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_zPkOE5xyfHnQ
New

United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 2018-3-12 14:15
Hi Kieran M I had same problem with my P3A,  done all the trouble shooting like you, I eventually sent it in for repair 2 weeks ago and it’s on it’s way back repaired free of charge although it had been out of the 1 year manufacturers warranty, I started a theard on this issue if you follow some of my video posts to see if your issue is exactly the same, I would suggest a repair ticket, good luck

so what did they say was the issue?
2021-1-4
Use props
Borge2021
New

Norway

Has anyone finally found the reason for the problem?

I have same issue with my P3P.
2021-1-25
Use props
fans7e4d5cde
New

United States

I am having this same issue with my P3S. Never crashed and rarely used. Anyone finally find a fix? Thanks!
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules