P4P videos and photos showing glitch and color banding.
704 19 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

Hi,

I shot videos from my P4P and ever since then whenever I shoot .MOV at 4k 60 fps, the video doesn't play in most of the apps, the KM player opens the videos but shows colour glitches throughout. The photos have colour bands on them and when opening in Quicktime player, it shows bad public movie atom. The card is working fine, and nothing is wrong with my computer either. What can I do? I need to recover all the data.
2018-3-12
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... MRN2utIT07zd7N3jl0M
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft, controller, and APP? The issue only appears in MOV at 4k 60 fps, and works well in other resolutions, right? Please help us confirm, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!
2018-3-12
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-12 22:21
Hi there, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft, controller, and APP? The issue only appears in MOV at 4k 60 fps, and works well in other resolutions, right? Please help us confirm, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!

Hi, the aircraft was updated to its latest version after the flight.  The controller and APP are running on the latest versions. Yes, so far the problem only appears in MOV at 4k 60fps but even the pictures I took during that time have colour bands.
2018-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The 'bad public movie atom' is a classic Apple problem, only Quicktime displays that error. A better player is the free VLCPlayer. The files on the SD card will be fine, your problem is with the computer you are using and the video player. 4K @ 60 fps is tough on any computer.

2018-3-12
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-12 22:47
The 'bad public movie atom' is a classic Apple problem, only Quicktime displays that error. A better player is the free VLCPlayer. The filkes on the SD card will be fine, your problem is with the computer you are using and the video player. 4K @ 60 fps is tough on any computer.

I tried all the players and now they show the same thing. The files in the SD card were deleted after copying, but it was working fine till then.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-12 22:39
Hi, the aircraft was updated to its latest version after the flight.  The controller and APP are running on the latest versions. Yes, so far the problem only appears in MOV at 4k 60fps but even the pictures I took during that time have colour bands.

So the current version is V01.05.0600, right? I've forwarded to our engineer for review, will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-3-12
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-12 23:17
So the current version is V01.05.0600, right? I've forwarded to our engineer for review, will come back as long as there is an update.

Yes, it is.
2018-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-12 22:49
I tried all the players and now they show the same thing. The files in the SD card were deleted after copying, but it was working fine till then.

If that is the case, then perhaps your computer is not fast enough to handle 4K video at 60 fps.

2018-3-12
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-12 23:59
If that is the case, then perhaps your computer is not fast enough to handle 4K video at 60 fps. I also notice that the file you put up is at 1080p, did you convert that file, or get it from the cache in the display device.

I uploaded the file that was in the card. The quality shows me it is 4k. Maybe some upload problem or something. But, I also tried to run it on other computers and it is showing the same error.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-13 00:10
I uploaded the file that was in the card. The quality shows me it is 4k. Maybe some upload problem or something. But, I also tried to run it on other computers and it is showing the same error.

I am downloading it, be back in a minute or two once I have looked at it.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I downloaded it to my editing computer, which will handle anything. The file is 4096 x 2160 @ 29.97 fps with a bitrate of 100 mb/s. The Google Drive version appears to be scaled down to 1080p, which mislead me. However, the file will not play on my computer using any of my players, so it is definitely a faulty file. It would seem this is a problem with the video system in the aircraft. The file probably cannot be recovered in any way, so if shooting I would advise not shooting at 60 fps, try a lower frame rate and see if that plays OK. It was 29.97 fps anyway, not 60 fps.

2018-3-13
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-13 00:28
I downloaded it to my editing computer, which will handle anything. The file is 4096 x 2160 @ 29.97 fps with a bitrate of 100 mb/s. The Google Drive version appears to be scaled down to 1080p, which mislead me. However, the file will not play on my computer using any of my players, so it is definitely a faulty file. It would seem this is a problem with the video system in the aircraft. The file probably cannot be recovered in any way, so if shooting I would advise not shooting at 60 fps, try a lower frame rate and see if that plays OK. It was 29.97 fps anyway, not 60 fps.

Thanks,

I need to recover the file, would stellar recovery help? Would recover the data from the SD card work?

Lower frame rates work just fine.  I don't know how can the aircraft cause this.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-13 01:01
Thanks,

I need to recover the file, would stellar recovery help? Would recover the data from the SD card work?

Sorry, but I don't think any file recovery utilities will help, the problem is with the encoding in the file.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for the confirmation. I just got an update from our engineers that they need more details for better analysis, please check below and confirm:
1. As you mentioned above, the issue only appears in 4K 60fps, but the video we got is 4K 30fps with the similar issue. Could you double check whether it appears in both resolutions? How about other resolutions?
2. Does the issue appear regularly?
3. Which SD card do you use? Is there any chance to use the original SD card which came with the drone itself? Any difference?
4. In order to locate the exact status, please copy the videos from the SD card to the PC first and see the effect. Do not view directly when connected the aircraft. If the same issue appears, please insert the SD card into the aircraft and playback from the APP to see whether it remains. Also, please try to change the card reader and PC to repeat the above steps to verify, thanks so much!
Resolution.png
2018-3-15
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 00:41
Thanks for the confirmation. I just got an update from our engineers that they need more details for better analysis, please check below and confirm:
1. As you mentioned above, the issue only appears in 4K 60fps, but the video we got is 4K 30fps with the similar issue. Could you double check whether it appears in both resolutions? How about other resolutions?
2. Does the issue appear regularly?

Hi,

1. It appears on 4k resolutions, rest of them are fine.
2. It is not happening right now when I shoot 4k on MP4, only happens with MOV formats.
3. I used a Sandisk 64 GB memory card. I cannot use the card that came with the drone right now.
3. I copied the videos from my SD to my PC and then deleted them from the SD. Are you saying I should transfer the data back to SD and view it in the app again? I tried using a different PC with the data, it doesn't work. Cannot try a different card reader now because the data has been erased and when I try to recover the data it only recovers the videos partially thus making them unviewable again.

Did the file open properly on your system?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-15 03:21
Hi,

1. It appears on 4k resolutions, rest of them are fine.

Thanks for getting back to us. It seems that I do not make this clear, sorry about this. I'll list these points one by one for better understanding. Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding.
1. The issue only appears in 4K 30fps and 4K 60fps, right? Or all 4K videos have the same issue?
2. Does the issue appear in every MOV videos? Or only some MOV videos?
3. The original SD card has been fully tested, I'll recommend having a try if applicable. Please check whether the local dealers can help.
4. If the issue appears frequently, you can refer my previous suggestions for troubleshooting first.
1) Connect the drone with PC, or take out the SD card and read it via card reader, do not open the file in the SD card directly;
2) Copy the whole file of SD card to PC directly, do not delete the original ones on the SD card.
3) View the copy file on the PC to see whether the issue appears
4) If yes, please insert the SD card to aircraft directly, connect the APP to view during playback to see whether you get the similar issue. Also, you can try to change the SD card reader or PC to verify.

2018-3-15
Use props
thedepicture
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 04:06
Thanks for getting back to us. It seems that I do not make this clear, sorry about this. I'll list these points one by one for better understanding. Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding.
1. The issue only appears in 4K 30fps and 4K 60fps, right? Or all 4K videos have the same issue?
2. Does the issue appear in every MOV videos? Or only some MOV videos?

Hello, I understood what you said. And, my answer is still the same.
1&2. The issue appears in all .MOV 4K files.
3 I'll try with the local dealers.
1&2) I read the SD card via a card reader, and since this was a while back, I had deleted the original files from the SD card and used it for another flight. The issue appears on the copied file on the PC.
3) I cannot connect the SD card to the aircraft and view the same files again because I had originally deleted them. Are you suggesting to copy the files back again in the SD card and viewing them in the drone?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thedepicture Posted at 2018-3-19 01:36
Hello, I understood what you said. And, my answer is still the same.
1&2. The issue appears in all .MOV 4K files.
3 I'll try with the local dealers.

Thanks for the clarification. I've forwarded these to our engineers to see whether there are any better suggestions or solutions.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers, it is hard to tell the current status from the info you offered now as the issue may be involved in many factors such as SD card, card reader, PC or the gimbal camera. Therefore, we suggest using the original SD card to narrow down the possibilities. If still no luck, please contact the local dealer and send the unit in for diagnosis and repair.
Also, I'm afraid that the data can not be recovered as the original has been deleted from the SD card. Sorry about this.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules