Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Panoramas
2207 13 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewarner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

I have tried shooting several panoramas with the Osmo Mobile 2, and all the photos get taken, but DJI Go crashed each time at the point it was merging the 9 photos.  Using Lightroom, the photos taken either could not be merged or when they could, there was significant distortion of dimensions.  Have others gotten this feature to work?
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please post the APP version here? What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to re-install the APP?
2018-3-13
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 00:34
Could you please post the APP version here? What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to re-install the APP?

I am using DJI Go v3.1.28 (2861).  My mobile device is an iPhone 8.  I have not tried to reinstall the app yet.  
2018-3-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dewarner Posted at 2018-3-13 04:18
I am using DJI Go v3.1.28 (2861).  My mobile device is an iPhone 8.  I have not tried to reinstall the app yet.

Now I don't have a solution but a workaround.
I am using the default iOS camera app for pano's and get great results doing that.
Just use the joystick to get perfect horizontal motion while capturing a pano via the iOS camera app.
2018-3-13
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-13 04:30
I am using the default iOS camera app for pano's and get great results doing that.
Just use the joystick to get perfect horizontal motion while capturing a pano via the iOS camera app.

Great idea - thanks.
2018-3-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome
2018-3-13
Use props
mark.mcguire
New

New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-13 04:30

I was wondering if this was possible. I am planning to buy the Osmo Mobile 2 to make panoramas in portrait mode but was concerned when I read about the problems with low resolution files. I'm experimenting with making panoramas with an iPhone 6s Plus in portrait mode from moving vehicles (car, bus, streetcar etc.). Can I use the Osmo Mobile 2 for stabilization while using the iPhone native camera app to make the portrait panoramas? It would be unfortunate if I could not trigger the shutter without touching the iPhone, but I could live with that if I got the benefits of stabilization. Is that what you are doing?
2018-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mark.mcguire Posted at 2018-10-25 18:49
I was wondering if this was possible. I am planning to buy the Osmo Mobile 2 to make panoramas in portrait mode but was concerned when I read about the problems with low resolution files. I'm experimenting with making panoramas with an iPhone 6s Plus in portrait mode from moving vehicles (car, bus, streetcar etc.). Can I use the Osmo Mobile 2 for stabilization while using the iPhone native camera app to make the portrait panoramas? It would be unfortunate if I could not trigger the shutter without touching the iPhone, but I could live with that if I got the benefits of stabilization. Is that what you are doing?

In general, panorama's only work when you are standing on one place.
Otherwise the parallax effect will make either the back- or the foreground unable to align.
I have tried this while walking.
And even though it did work (with the osmo mobile), the background got messed up.

Look at this example, where the background gets messed up because the foreground moves 'faster' than the background.

But having said that: Osmo Mobile does a great job making pano's with the stock apple camera app (much better than the Go app)
2018-10-25
Use props
mark.mcguire
New

New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-10-25 22:26
In general, panorama's only work when you are standing on one place.
Otherwise the parallax effect will make either the back- or the foreground unable to align.
I have tried this while walking.

Thanks for the info. I'm pleased that to hear that I can use the iPhone native camera app with the Osmo Mobile gimbal. I'll go ahead an order mine now. I live in New Zealand, so it's NZ $230. here, but that's still a good value. BTW, I think your pano looks great. I realise (without understanding the technical details) that panos work best when shot from a fixed point, however I like the 'mistakes' that are introduced when the camera/phone is forced to try and stitch together a pano while it is moving horizontally across a scene. I've posted a few experiments on Instagram and Flickr (I can't post urls here, but I'm mark_mcguire on those platforms as well — I'll try attaching an image). Thanks very much for your help and advice (and for sharing what I think is a pretty cool panorama).
[img][/img]
2018-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mark.mcguire Posted at 2018-10-25 23:26
Thanks for the info. I'm pleased that to hear that I can use the iPhone native camera app with the Osmo Mobile gimbal. I'll go ahead an order mine now. I live in New Zealand, so it's NZ $230. here, but that's still a good value. BTW, I think your pano looks great. I realise (without understanding the technical details) that panos work best when shot from a fixed point, however I like the 'mistakes' that are introduced when the camera/phone is forced to try and stitch together a pano while it is moving horizontally across a scene. I've posted a few experiments on Instagram and Flickr (I can't post urls here, but I'm mark_mcguire on those platforms as well — I'll try attaching an image). Thanks very much for your help and advice (and for sharing what I think is a pretty cool panorama).
[view_image][/img]

Very nice to see indeed.
Here the difference in distance between fore- and background is limited so that will work better.
Looking forward to your results!
2018-10-26
Use props
mark.mcguire
New

New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-10-26 00:14
Very nice to see indeed.
Here the difference in distance between fore- and background is limited so that will work better.
Looking forward to your results!

I enjoyed your "Summer Holiday in Sweden 2018" video. Quite a mix of technologies and techniques! From what I could see, you only had two rainy days.
2018-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mark.mcguire Posted at 2018-10-26 00:58
I enjoyed your "Summer Holiday in Sweden 2018" video. Quite a mix of technologies and techniques! From what I could see, you only had two rainy days.

Thanks!
Yes, we only had 2 days with rain.
Exceptionally and actually a huge problem in Sweden (and many other countries) since it was super dry and hot everywhere for months
2018-10-26
Use props
mark.mcguire
New

New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-10-26 01:24
Thanks!
Yes, we only had 2 days with rain.
Exceptionally and actually a huge problem in Sweden (and many other countries) since it was super dry and hot everywhere for months

It has been unusually dry here in New Zealand as well. Although we haven't had a drought, it is a worry. The climate around the whole planet is clearly changing. Good work on the video. It was clearly a lot of work. You and your family will be very pleased you made it in the years to come.
2018-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mark.mcguire Posted at 2018-10-26 19:47
It has been unusually dry here in New Zealand as well. Although we haven't had a drought, it is a worry. The climate around the whole planet is clearly changing. Good work on the video. It was clearly a lot of work. You and your family will be very pleased you made it in the years to come.

Yes, it certainly looks like the world is getting warmer.
This year was very much a proof of that.
Thanks.
It for sure was a lot of work, but totally worth it!
Better to make 1 video I like a lot than 10 medicore ones
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules