United States

Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-27
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Lstumpf3 Posted at 2018-4-25 18:39
All I know is that after the first year of subscription (which is free), you get to pay $5 per month. I don't know how much is the device but you could check out their website here: https://trackimo.com/gps-drone-tracker/

Thanks for the information. i'll try and purchase one for my mavic
2018-4-29
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Nice video. can't believe that there's so much negativity around here.
2018-4-30
Use props
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

I find all the negative (and nasty) comments to be a bit bothersome!  What point do they serve? ...NONE.  I am a new drone pilot, took my first flight this morning with my new P3A!  No issues, no problems, no scary moments.  But I did realize there were still things I did not fully understand.  Over the past couple of weeks I have been reading, studying and watching videos (I admit...some are better than others...but if one comment on a less than stellar video makes me rethink something that prevents a crash...then all I can say is "Thank You!").   This video (and many others) probably mean nothing to an experienced pilot.  But, for a newbie...It is a great reminder.  If the info in this 7 minute video saves me from a crash because I chose to watch it...then kudos to me!
2018-5-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Thanks for the nice words about my posting.  Yes, I was surprised at some of the negative postings, but most were like yours - appreciative of the advice.  I bought my drone originally to enjoy remote flying but my P3A was so easy to fly that I quickly came to feel that making videos was even more fun.  I have a Mavic Pro now too, and do tons of reading on drone videography.  Often times, the tutorials that I watch also include tips on flying.  We can never learn too much about both of those things.  So, I'll offer you one important tip as a new pilot.  Every couple of months, go to a very open area and practice Return To Home.  I found that I'd forget something or other over long periods, and you surely want to be atop all the details if you need to do an RTH in an emergency.  Did you know that RTH has 3 different responses to the command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate?
2018-5-1
Use props
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-5-1 06:57
Thanks for the nice words about my posting.  Yes, I was surprised at some of the negative postings, but most were like yours - appreciative of the advice.  I bought my drone originally to enjoy remote flying but my P3A was so easy to fly that I quickly came to feel that making videos was even more fun.  I have a Mavic Pro now too, and do tons of reading on drone videography.  Often times, the tutorials that I watch also include tips on flying.  We can never learn too much about both of those things.  So, I'll offer you one important tip as a new pilot.  Every couple of months, go to a very open area and practice Return To Home.  I found that I'd forget something or other over long periods, and you surely want to be atop all the details if you need to do an RTH in an emergency.  Did you know that RTH has 3 different responses to the command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate?

Thanks for the tips.  Actually...I did practice RTH a couple of times this morning, one of them allowing it to land itself.  The other I cancelled RTH at about 10'.  No...I don't believe I am aware there are three different modes for RTH!  It's time for some more study!  
2018-5-1
Use props
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

FlyboyTR Posted at 2018-5-1 07:07
Thanks for the tips.  Actually...I did practice RTH a couple of times this morning, one of them allowing it to land itself.  The other I cancelled RTH at about 10'.  No...I don't believe I am aware there are three different modes for RTH!  It's time for some more study!

I may have misunderstood about the 3 different modes for RTH.  I was aware of:
Smart, Low Battery & Failsafe.  Is there something beyond that?  Thanks!
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-5-1 06:57
Thanks for the nice words about my posting.  Yes, I was surprised at some of the negative postings, but most were like yours - appreciative of the advice.  I bought my drone originally to enjoy remote flying but my P3A was so easy to fly that I quickly came to feel that making videos was even more fun.  I have a Mavic Pro now too, and do tons of reading on drone videography.  Often times, the tutorials that I watch also include tips on flying.  We can never learn too much about both of those things.  So, I'll offer you one important tip as a new pilot.  Every couple of months, go to a very open area and practice Return To Home.  I found that I'd forget something or other over long periods, and you surely want to be atop all the details if you need to do an RTH in an emergency.  Did you know that RTH has 3 different responses to the command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate?

Did you know that RTH has 3 different responses to the command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate?

No, I'm not aware of that.
It would be helpful if you could explain?
2018-5-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-1 15:01
Did you know that RTH has 3 different responses to the command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate?
No, I'm not aware of that.
It would be helpful if you could explain?

It's in the manual.  Page 16.
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-5-1 15:55
It's in the manual.  Page 16.

Your wording is confusing or you are confused.
The manual says nothing about RTH having 3 different responses to the RTH command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate.
When you initiate RTH it does what RTH does regardless of your distance.
The only exception is if you initiate RTH when the Phantom is closer than 20 metres to the launch point.
2018-5-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-1 16:05
Your wording is confusing or you are confused.
The manual says nothing about RTH having 3 different responses to the RTH command depending on how far away it is from you when you initiate.
When you initiate RTH it does what RTH does regardless of your distance.

OK.  Here's a test:
1.  What will your Mavic Pro do if you trigger RTH and it's more than 20 meters away from you?  What if it's above your RTH altitude setting?  What if it's below that altitude?
2.  What will RTH do if your Mavic Pro is between 16 and 66 feet from the home point?  And how will it behave differently if your altitude is more than 32 feet?  What about less than 32 feet?
3  What will your Mavic Pro do if you initiate RTH and it's less than 16 feet away from you?  Hint: You'd better not be standing on a shoreline with your Mavic Pro over the water.
So, to be precise, there's more than 3 responses to RTH if you also take into account the altitude you're at when initiating.  Anyway, I hope this puts you in a position to better research RTH and eliminate  the confusion you're experiencing.   
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-5-1 16:22
OK.  Here's a test:
1.  What will your Mavic Pro do if you trigger RTH and it's more than 20 meters away from you?  What if it's above your RTH altitude setting?  What if it's below that altitude?
2.  What will RTH do if your Mavic Pro is between 16 and 66 feet from the home point?  And how will it behave differently if your altitude is more than 32 feet?  What about less than 32 feet?

Mavic?  
This is a Phantom forum.
I'll have to look at a Mavic manual to see if it's RTH section is any different from a Phantom'RTH which doesn't have 3 different responses to RTH depending on distance away.
2018-5-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-1 16:34
Mavic?  
This is a Phantom forum.
I'll have to look at a Mavic manual to see if it's RTH section is any different from a Phantom'RTH which doesn't have 3 different responses to RTH depending on distance away.

Yup, you're right.  I have both a Phantom 3 Adv  (now my backup quad) and a Mavic.    90% of my posts go to the Mavic section, but when I occasionally have something that I think Phantom folks would be interested in, I also post there.  That was the case here, where my post started with a simple video of how to prevent flyaways.  After many responses, I added something about RTH.  When you put your first question in, I just assumed I was on my "normal" Mavic pages.  So, you're right, there is a difference between Mavic and Phantom, but there are still some differences in how a Phantom reacts depending upon altitude and distance.  Just not as many as there are for Mavics.  Best of luck to you.
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-5-1 16:22
OK.  Here's a test:

Anyway, I hope this puts you in a position to better research RTH and eliminate  the confusion you're experiencing.  
The only confusion I was experiencing was due to you talking Mavic in a Phantom forum without saying so.
The Mavic has a slightly different RTH procedure.
The Phantom's RTH is the same regardless of the distance away except when initiated closer than 20 metres.
As for altitude, the Phantom will ascent to RTH height is below RTH height but it will never descend to RTH height if it is already higher.
2018-5-1
Use props
Lstumpf3
lvl.2

Canada

fans73edbe92 Posted at 2018-4-26 11:22
Man there's a lot of negative pretentious f×××s out there and I hope you guys become the one's that make 'flyaways' a term. Whah Whah cant you do this better, and, I don't have 7 mins, and then there's the guy that puts his $.02 in about a training video, always a better idea, well get off your ass and do one, I mean at least the guy was actions and I'd feel pretty stupid if I lost my $2,000 investment cuz I couldn't spare 7 mins and then decide if it was useful info or not and if I didn't I'd keep it to myself cuz it's only my opinion and nobody made me watch it, so until you do something better or different, shut up, and btw I did find it helpful.

Yeah, people are nagging too much about flyaways yet they won't accept it's their own fault that made them loose their drones
2018-5-2
Use props
ashleygray
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for the video!
2018-5-3
Use props
Hp-printer-supp
New

India

Hp printer support assistant in the UK, the USA providing your thehp printer carriage jam error solution[/url]. they provide you very third-party remedies and solution to solve every problem at your home easily.
2019-3-23
Use props
onlinegethelp
New

India

good post and i like it. To get info about antivirus contact Avast customer Service
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules