Unknown SD Card Error
5897 4 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4f566c6
lvl.1

United States

I was shooting yesterday and everything was fine. When I went to transfer the footage to my computer, it appeared that the files were corrupt. Quicktime couldn't play them, nor could
VLC. I was super bummed but wrote it off as a loss and formatted the card. The app told me this was successful and I made sure to test the camera before I took it out to shoot again today. Again, all went well, received no notice/notification that SD card had an error and when I tried to transfer footage, the same thing happened. Now, when I go into the app, I don't even have the option to format the card - it just says "Unknown SD Card Error".

If anyone has any insight into what is happening, please let me know. I lost a ton of great footage and I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now.

2018-3-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have you tried a different sd card its quite possible that the card is actually faulty
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, may I know which drone you are flying? Please try to back up the files on the SD card and format the SD card on the PC. The SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system, the recommended cluster size is 32KB. If larger than 32GB, it should only be formatted into the exFAT file system, recommended cluster size is 128KB.
If it doesn't help, please try to change another SD card and see if the same issue persists.
2018-3-12
Use props
Leonardobhz
New
Flight distance : 666040 ft
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-12 21:28
Hi there, may I know which drone you are flying? Please try to back up the files on the SD card and format the SD card on the PC. The SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system, the recommended cluster size is 32KB. If larger than 32GB, it should only be formatted into the exFAT file system, recommended cluster size is 128KB.
If it doesn't help, please try to change another SD card and see if the same issue persists.

Hello, including the Lexar - Professional 128gb brand to use on my dji phantom 4 pro drone, but when I called the drone, RC and DJIgo4, it showed me an Unknown SD Card Error message. Can someone help me?
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Leonardobhz Posted at 2018-10-1 08:14
Hello, including the Lexar - Professional 128gb brand to use on my dji phantom 4 pro drone, but when I called the drone, RC and DJIgo4, it showed me an Unknown SD Card Error message. Can someone help me?

Hi Leonardo, just to verify, is there another SD card to try? Please try to change the SD card and see if the error exists. If the issue is not existing on a different SD card, you can try to format the Lexar - Professional 128GB on the PC first and format again on the drone, please check if this works, please note to back up the needed files first before formatting. Besides, please keep all firmware updated.
If the error appears on different SD cards, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis, please contact our support for a further help http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules