Purchase requiring verification?? Legit??
14697 27 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaronwillis31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163730 ft
Australia

I all, I just purchased the P3.
I notice on my order status that my order was still pending so I emailed sales to ask them if everything was fine with my order, I got an email quoting the following

"Your order is successfully paid and confirmed and just wait to be shipped. ^_^"

However a few hours after this I got another email from DJI stating the following.

G[size=12.8000001907349px]ood day to you.
[size=12.8000001907349px]Due to DJI policy, your recent purchase requires verification to be completed. Please provide one of the following to confirm your details:
1) If you paid with a non-business (personal) credit card:
- A scanned copy of your bank statement with your address and credit card transaction, or
- A scanned copy of your driver’s license with your address, or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.
2) If you paid with a business credit card:
- Company information (company name, office address, office phone number, website, etc.), or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.?

Can DJI please confirm the legitimacy of this email??? It seems suss that in 1 email I was told that everything is fine and was waiting to be shipped and then in the next my order cant be processed until I give them a bank statment, with my transaction history....

If this is all legit why are you asking for my transaction historys?? transaction historys can be quite private why are you asking for it??

Thank you

2015-5-5
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would chat with Support - sound like your credit card company might hold a query on the transaction.  (I found it easier to deal with my card company rather than share this info which is pretty sensitive!
2015-5-5
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Don't do it!  Call them or chat on-line.  This is classic scam stuff here.  Think of all your personal identification on the docs being asked for.  Credit card PCI standards would have a field day with this.  The company I work for even blocks emails that might contain account numbers.  

2015-5-5
Use props
aaronwillis31
lvl.1
Australia

The thing that got my attention apart from the lack of consistency in there replies was that the name on my card is Aaron, but they address there email to Robert (My room mate who will home to collect the parcel, his name was only used for the mailing destination)

I would have thought if it was credit related they would have used the name on the card.
EDIT:

IM on to live chat and the convo is going something like this

Cherry

As part of our security process, our financial staff contacted with you for payment confirmation via email [url=mailtonlinepayment@dji.com]onlinepayment@dji.com[/url], could you please kindly get back to them? So we can process your order for you as soon as possible.

Aaron

they asked for a bank statement.. bank statements are very personal.. why are they asking for that.

Cherry

you can send your photo with credit card

they just want to make sure you are the owner of the credit card

Aaron

how does a photo verify anything?

Cherry

don't worry , we  check the information ,and don't tell others

Aaron

Do you have a phone number I can contact DJI Support on ??

Cherry

hold on , we will check and contact with you

The chat is sounding just as reliable as the email

2015-5-5
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I don't care who they are. They should not be asking for any of that information. This entire thing sounds like a fishing scam. Even if it turns out it is actually DJI asking for this information you should not under any circumstances provide it to them.
2015-5-5
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That sounds very dodgy. If you are in the US talk directly to headquarters there...not live chat. give no information and be very careful about giving out your information.
2015-5-5
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

I'd cancel and order from a us dealer. That's just whacky.
2015-5-5
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me.  They actually called me from China to verify my 2nd order that was made within two months.  I had crashed my first P2V+ and after reading some stories about how long the repair wait times were I decided to just go ahead and order a replacement.  I don't know if they have had a past history with fraudulent orders or they do this with every order or just a spot check.  Emailed them a redacted pdf copy of my CC statement and a new Phantom was sitting on my doorstep only 4 days later.  For somebody that doesn't have a scanner I can see where it would be an inconvenience.

By the way, it took less than four weeks before I got a refurbished P2V+ as a replacement.
2015-5-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If you don't mind can you post your order number?
I am contacting the related colleague.
2015-5-5
Use props
aaronwillis31
lvl.1
Australia

Im in Australia so unfortunatly I dont have a HQ I can speak to, Might be worth the phone bill to contact the US one though

Order#061110249421
2015-5-5
Use props
PerryG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 629262 ft
United States

I have had the same situation. I tried replying and got a response back it was undeliverable. Very Phishy....
2015-6-22
Use props
defears
New

United States

How come DJI doesn't post a response on their own forums about this issue? It would make a lot of sense to inform whether or not this is real or a scam.

I'm experiencing the same verification email after ordering on their website 2 of their ND filters. I was definitely surprised when I opened the email. They had the correct order number and their email is a DJI.com email address. My thoughts are it's legit but it's so weird and intrusive.

However, they are a Chinese company and they do do things a bit differently than they do over here where I live which is the US. I've contacted them and hopefully will get a reply from them soon. I just need a piece of mind when I order from this website again.
2016-4-15
Use props
KBROWNCHICO
New

United States

As I write this, it is April 13 2017.   I also received the email with:  Dear Customer, Good day to you.  Due to DJI policy blah blah.  It asked for a scanned copy of my bank statement with the address and credit card transaction -or- a scanned copy of my driver's license with my address.  Certainly this seems pretty bizarre.  I dealt with it by just giving them -exactly- what they asked for.  I made a scan of my driver's license as a jpeg file.  I then used paint (I'm using a PC) to put white squares over every single bit of information, including my picture, except for my name and address.  I then used a snipping tool to capture the screen image of what I had left in case there was some way that the paint program left the earlier information in some layer in the image.  I sent the screen capture image off and they approved my purchase.  I figure it is easy enough to find my name and state of residence on google. Heck, I'd given them that information already in the order.  My advice is to do the same thing.  I originally found this thread through a google search while trying to see if the request was part of a phishing scam.  Apparently not. Just be very careful about what information you give out. Hopefully this helps.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansc3b4bdf5
New
United States

KBROWNCHICO Posted at 2017-4-13 16:17
As I write this, it is April 13 2017.   I also received the email with:  Dear Customer, Good day to you.  Due to DJI policy blah blah.  It asked for a scanned copy of my bank statement with the address and credit card transaction -or- a scanned copy of my driver's license with my address.  Certainly this seems pretty bizarre.  I dealt with it by just giving them -exactly- what they asked for.  I made a scan of my driver's license as a jpeg file.  I then used paint (I'm using a PC) to put white squares over every single bit of information, including my picture, except for my name and address.  I then used a snipping tool to capture the screen image of what I had left in case there was some way that the paint program left the earlier information in some layer in the image.  I sent the screen capture image off and they approved my purchase.  I figure it is easy enough to find my name and state of residence on google. Heck, I'd given them that information already in the order.  My advice is to do the same thing.  I originally found this thread through a google search while trying to see if the request was part of a phishing scam.  Apparently not. Just be very careful about what information you give out. Hopefully this helps.

I just got the same email and chatted with support - it is apparently a legit email from DJI.  But with that said it flies against everything we have been taught not to do.
2017-4-24
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

fansc3b4bdf5 Posted at 2017-4-24 05:13
I just got the same email and chatted with support - it is apparently a legit email from DJI.  But with that said it flies against everything we have been taught not to do.

It's because a lot of banks fraud flag them because the charge is originating from China. My bank won't allow it at all.
2017-4-24
Use props
Jase’s toy Time
lvl.1

United States

When people start understanding that DJI is a bank that takes your money first to cover their expenses in their account once the money clears on there and they will pay you back eventually with someone else’s money it’s just the bank
2018-2-23
Use props
Jase’s toy Time
lvl.1

United States

Dji is a bank
2018-2-23
Use props
gtodd
New

United States

I'm not sure if this is legit, but DJI definitely needs to come out with a statement explaining this..
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Wow!  i would be very suspicious as well.  I obviously have never ordered from DJI through Australia but I have ordered items directly from DJI and never received any of these kind of inquires.  I think the most expensive I ordered direct was a Phantom 4 Pro battery so perhaps it depends on the amount of money that is being charged.  I agree with many of the other posters and your gut feeling, you are right to be concerned about providing that kind of information by email and would contact them directly.  Perhaps your call to check with them that everything processed correctly made them concerned/suspicious that someone was trying to use/pass a card that was stolen.
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-26 17:21
Wow!  i would be very suspicious as well.  I obviously have never ordered from DJI through Australia but I have ordered items directly from DJI and never received any of these kind of inquires.  I think the most expensive I ordered direct was a Phantom 4 Pro battery so perhaps it depends on the amount of money that is being charged.  I agree with many of the other posters and your gut feeling, you are right to be concerned about providing that kind of information by email and would contact them directly.  Perhaps your call to check with them that everything processed correctly made them concerned/suspicious that someone was trying to use/pass a card that was stolen.

This is 3 years old, the thread is a zombie. Please look at the date before replying to old threads.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-26 17:40
This is 3 years old, the thread is a zombie. Please look at the date before replying to old threads.

Are you a moderator or just a control freak?  Someone responded or it wouldn't have come to the top.
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-26 18:11
Are you a moderator or just a control freak?  Someone responded or it wouldn't have come to the top.

Neither moderator or 'control freak'. Just reminding you to look at the date. People only stay on this forum for a short time, the people who started the thread are long gone now. Only you and the other two noobies have not woken up to that.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Guy i am not really interested in what you think or your reminder.    It is an open public forum.  I will respond to what I wish to respond to.  Why are you choosing to make an issue of of this?  Do you have a dog in the hunt?  Your arrogance and denial is astounding but carry on.
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-26 18:30
Guy i am not really interested in what you think or your reminder.    It is an open public forum.  I will respond to what I wish to respond to.  Why are you choosing to make an issue of of this?  Do you have a dog in the hunt?  Your arrogance and denial is astounding but carry on.

Fair enough, your childish, immature attitude is noted.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-26 19:05
Fair enough, your childish, immature attitude is noted.

Ok Geebax what is childish about pointing out that your reply to me served no purpose and was unnecessary? Was it just intended to look for an argument?  You stated you are not a moderator.  How does it even matter to you what I post?  How is it even worth saying anything unless your point is to make yourself feel important and pump your ego by pointing out how long you have been around and others have not?  Frankly it appears from your posts that your intent is to make new people feel unwelcome.  That seems sophomoric and childish to me.   

I responded to a post that was at the top of the forum list and if you looked through the thread someone posted in '17 with the same issue.  I have purchased direct from DJI and I have an interest in their business policies and I definitely have and interest if some hacker is trying to commit fraud using stolen information from their website.  I did not look at the original post date because I don't care when the issue was first posted.  I cared that someone still felt like it was an issue or it would not have been at the top of the forum.  You have obviously been here long enough to know that issues come back up and people revive old threads.

Quite frankly it is none of your business what or who I respond to on this forum.  For whatever reason, you have decided to make this an issue.  That is your prerogative.  I don't understand why you wanted to insert yourself, perhaps it is something personal.  I don't know but I am unaware of ever communicating with you prior to this thread.  If it will appease your ego and make you feel better, I am sorry that I didn't check the date on the original post and forced you take time out of your day to respond to it and I appreciate your feedback.  I am also sorry I did not acknoledge your notable rank, authority, wisdom and the help you seem to so freely share on this forum and immidatey give pause.  Perhaps one day when I grow up I can be as adult as you have been in this thread.  I can only aspire.

I must admit you are an entertaining diversion.  Now let's quit swinging the purses, put them away and get back to drones and helping, learning and connecting with others that share our hobby.  Have a good evening.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans7d7e733d
lvl.1
United States

08/28/18 !!! Well, i'll wake up this thread , i just ordered $1730 for a new mavic 2 and accessories ... and got the same email ! i contacted chat and there is no budging them , so i told them to stick it where the sun don't shine ! no way in hell i'm sending you the information to impersonate me .... i called my bank and the funds have already been sent to DJI, so now i'm stuck waiting for my credit card to be refunded. this is bull , i even told them to call me . they have my phone number and email address... they wouldn't do it !   so much for DJI! bad business ! I'll never try to buy anything else from them EVER!
2018-8-28
Use props
Iris Block
New

United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-5 06:59
I would chat with Support - sound like your credit card company might hold a query on the transaction.  (I found it easier to deal with my card company rather than share this info which is pretty sensitive!

My name is iris block my purchase number is LW 139 5 to 7 935 CN
2019-3-17
Use props
Iris Block
New

United States

I purchased with my credit card that goes to my bank account
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules