1210 22 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Hey everyone,

So I'm confused on why this is happening. It has happened twice over the weekend. Happened on Saturday and Sunday. I would calibrate the compass and take off. Once I'm 150m away, the compass error would appear. I then brought it back and calibrated the compass again. Took off again and flew out. The error never returned. Not sure what's going on. Last time I flew was last month and it was fine. Sunday I calibrated  the compass over grass at my local beach.  When I went over the water... That's when the error came up. Maybe I'm calibrating the compass wrong? I follow the instructions in the app on how to calibrate the compass. Turn the inspire 360. Flip it on its side and turn it 360. I remember in the past we had to point the nose down and turn 360. Why was that removed? Would a IMU calibration help?
2018-3-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This issue occurs because the aircraft is flying in a place where the compass cannot detect the interference correctly. Please stay away from strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground and do more tests to see if the error persists.
2018-3-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 20:27
This issue occurs because the aircraft is flying in a place where the compass cannot detect the interference correctly. Please stay away from strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground and do more tests to see if the error persists.

The compass error would still happen even when the aircraft is flying over the water? There was no metal around the Inspire when over the water. In the log it shows it. That's why I'm confused lol
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-12 22:25
The compass error would still happen even when the aircraft is flying over the water? There was no metal around the Inspire when over the water. In the log it shows it. That's why I'm confused lol

Could you please export the data log via DJI Assistant 2 to us for analysis? Besides, we will need the firmware version of your aircraft and RC, thank you.
2018-3-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 22:53
Could you please export the data log via DJI Assistant 2 to us for analysis? Besides, we will need the firmware version of your aircraft and RC, thank you.

DJI assistant 2 works with Inspire 1? I didn't know it did. The aircraft has the latest version and the RC is updated to the latest. How do I uploaded the data log? I connect the Inspire 1 to my computer through USB? If so where is the USB port to the aircraft? Thank you.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-12 23:10
DJI assistant 2 works with Inspire 1? I didn't know it did. The aircraft has the latest version and the RC is updated to the latest. How do I uploaded the data log? I connect the Inspire 1 to my computer through USB? If so where is the USB port to the aircraft? Thank you.

Oh, I'm so sorry that I missed you are operating Inspire 1. Here is the steps to export the flight logs of Inspire 1:
1. Make sure the aircraft is connected to the remote controller, and DJI GO app is connected to the remote controller.
2. Connect Micro USB cable from aircraft micro USB port to computer USB port
3. Power on aircraft and the remote controller and enter DJI GO app.
4. Login DJI GO app, go to MC setting—Advance Setting—Enter Flight Data Mode
5. You will see a removable drive on the computer with a name “FLY LOG”. You can find the flight log there. image2016-10-9%209_32_31.png
2018-3-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 23:19
Oh, I'm so sorry that I missed you are operating Inspire 1. Here is the steps to export the flight logs of Inspire 1:
1. Make sure the aircraft is connected to the remote controller, and DJI GO app is connected to the remote controller.
2. Connect Micro USB cable from aircraft micro USB port to computer USB port

Here you go. I'll give you 2 flight data files because I'm not sure which one will have the compass error in it. I know the first 2 flights will have the error. Could be the FLY829 file. Let me know if you find the compass error in these 2 files. If not, it could be this other flight log as well. And hopefully you can help me figure out why this issue is happening. Thank you!

FLY829:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd25wsz3c3420pk/FLY829.DAT?dl=0

FLY830
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1nmbrfn32zlxya/FLY830.DAT?dl=0
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-13 01:34
Here you go. I'll give you 2 flight data files because I'm not sure which one will have the compass error in it. I know the first 2 flights will have the error. Could be the FLY829 file. Let me know if you find the compass error in these 2 files. If not, it could be this other flight log as well. And hopefully you can help me figure out why this issue is happening. Thank you!

FLY829:

Thanks for the flight data, I have escalated to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated once there is any feedback, thanks for your patience.
2018-3-13
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 02:47
Thanks for the flight data, I have escalated to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated once there is any feedback, thanks for your patience.

Thank you
2018-3-13
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

I had  the same issue(compass error) few days ago but the most serious I had a GPS OFF warning as well,  fortunately last about 20-30 seconds.I fly with my Inspire 1 V2 almost  for 2 years in the same areas without such issues.I decided not to report it because I live in an area(Cyprus east med) packed with hundreds of warships submarines and air defense systems around  and I thought it might be a strong interference from them.As this issue happens in Canada as well I am thinking that is the GO App again
2018-3-13
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Ioannou Posted at 2018-3-13 11:31
I had  the same issue(compass error) few days ago but the most serious I had a GPS OFF warning as well,  fortunately last about 20-30 seconds.I fly with my Inspire 1 V2 almost  for 2 years in the same areas without such issues.I decided not to report it because I live in an area(Cyprus east med) packed with hundreds of warships submarines and air defense systems around  and I thought it might be a strong interference from them.As this issue happens in Canada as well I am thinking that is the GO App again

Yeah I wasn't going to report my issue until it happened twice over the weekend. Especially Sunday when I was flying at my local beach. I calibrated the compass over grass. So to me, it made no sense for the compass to have an error over me calibrating it. Must be the DJI Go app giving out false readings. Hopefully DJI reads my data logs and tells us what the issue may be.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ioannou Posted at 2018-3-13 11:31

The GPS mode will be disabled when the compass is strong disturbed or malfunctioning, please stay away from the strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground and so on.
2018-3-14
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Kev,

What you are doing wrong is calibrating your compass before every flight, not only is there no need but you are introducing the risk of a bad calibration. Get a good calibration and leave it.

Mark G.
2018-3-14
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-3-14 10:29
Hi Kev,

What you are doing wrong is calibrating your compass before every flight, not only is there no need but you are introducing the risk of a bad calibration. Get a good calibration and leave it.

Do we face the nose down of the Inspire when performing compass calibration? When I calibrate the compass, I follow the instructions in the DJI Go app. Which they no longer say to point the nose down. It says to face the Inspire on it's side and turn it 360.
2018-3-14
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-3-14 10:29
Hi Kev,

What you are doing wrong is calibrating your compass before every flight, not only is there no need but you are introducing the risk of a bad calibration. Get a good calibration and leave it.

Any word from the engineers? Thanks
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-14 11:50
Any word from the engineers? Thanks

Sorry, not yet, I have contacted our engineers for speed up the process. I will come back to you as soon as I get any feedback, appreciate your patience.
2018-3-15
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 00:40
Sorry, not yet, I have contacted our engineers for speed up the process. I will come back to you as soon as  I get any feedback, appreciate your patience.

No problem. I appreciate the help. When you get a response, let me know Thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-15 01:39
No problem. I appreciate the help. When you get a response, let me know  Thank you.

Sure I will.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-3-13 01:34
Here you go. I'll give you 2 flight data files because I'm not sure which one will have the compass error in it. I know the first 2 flights will have the error. Could be the FLY829 file. Let me know if you find the compass error in these 2 files. If not, it could be this other flight log as well. And hopefully you can help me figure out why this issue is happening. Thank you!

FLY829:

Hi, our engineers checked your data and failed to find the error you mentioned. Please ensure that you provide the right one. Thanks for your update.
2018-3-19
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Hopefully it's this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a968dvlcgd1vzro/FLY828.DAT?dl=0
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that you export the right one. The data is only 4MB. Or you can export all flight data from DJI Assistant 2. In addition, according to your previous data, it shows that you calibrate the compass. Did fly your drone without rebooting it at that time? Please tell us if the error message appears after that. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

NOTAM A0356/18
+ RECENTLY, GPS SIGNAL INTERRUPTIONS HAVE BEEN REPORTED BY THE
PILOTS OF THE AIRCRAFT OPERATING WITHIN SOME PARTS OF NICOSIA FIR.
AIRCRAFT OPERATORS OPERATING WITHIN NICOSIA FIR ARE ADVISED TO
EXERCISE CAUTION.
This is a NOTAM issued yesterday by the civil aviation authority of Cyprus and to be fair and not blaiming DJI allways.Yes it is a problem in the East Mediterranea area with very very strong interfence.
I was suspicious about that and mentioned it in my previous post.Now about Canada I am not sure but you have the HAARB system over there.Who knows
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules