Another one that cannot activate Spark. Super Frustrated
2580 16 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsamsel1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25512 ft
United States

I am another super frustrated customer.  Have tried to make this work for about 4 days.  It simply does not work.  I am in the tech industry so this is not user error.  

I CAN connect to the drone.  I can actually fly the drone.  I CANNOT activate the drone.  If I go into the activate screen it give me the 4 step instructions on how to activate the drone.  I go into my device WiFi settings and connect to the drone.  That works fine.  Then when i go back to the app it is on the same screen.  The app does not recognize I am connected to the drone and give me an option to press next.  

I have tried on 2 different Android devices, a Kindle Fire, and an iPad.  I was not able to even download the app on the iPad as it says the app is not compatible with this iPad.

I need assistance resolving this.  It is currently boxed up and ready for return.  I will not be purchasing another DJI if this cannot be resolved.  This is a large bug and should have been resolved prior to release.  There clearly is an issue if the activation "has issues" on the most common mobile OS (Android).

Need assistance ASAP.
Rob Samsel
Redmond, WA

PS:   I see that in another thread you ask for logs from /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active.  That dir does not exist on my SD card even after several flights.  

The only log file I can find on the SD is D:\MISC\LOG and that folder is empty.

SN: 0a9de8a1a101bc  (could you use a little smaller font on the SN so I can't read it at all?)

2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sorry that I failed to find the info from your SN. Please shoot the picture with SN. BTW, where did you buy your drone? Thanks for your support.  
2018-3-12
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
United States

Bought from b and h photo.
15209148601251197926717.jpg
2018-3-12
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
United States

0asde8a1a1018c
2018-3-12
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
United States

Sorry was trying to read it off the qr code  on the foam the first time and the font is like 4pt.  Outside box is much easier
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear your registration issue, hopefully DJI is on top of it and can get your Spark registered ASAP.
2018-3-12
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
United States

Its really too bad... this is a large company with a rumored good reputation. I an trying to register with a standard Samsung android phone.   The qr code won't scan... the activation won't work.. and the setup process is a convoluted mess.   The hardware seems good but these forums are just chocked full of issues just getting the initial setup and activation done.   

DJI there is a job title called SDET... Google it then hire some.   
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Just checked your SN, it shows that your drone is activated. I will PM you the date and you can contact us if you have any doubt. We would recommend users activate their drone through app instead of QR code. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansb6d40af4
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same issue.  New spark arrived. Unable to log into the DJI app4. Input account username and password and just receive invalid. Have tried registering a new account with no success. Spoke to someone on DJI online and was told that my phone (iphone 8 plus) is currently not supported. But I had no problems using it with my previous spark.  So I am unable to activate the drone and as i reinstalled the app I can’t even get to the drone page to connect.  Stuck at log in. Very frustrating.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansb6d40af4
New

United Kingdom

I have now tried to log into the DJI go4 app on a different phone (Samsung s5) and having the exact same issues. Least it rules out the problem being with the iPhone 8 Plus but still doesn’t help me being able to log in and use my drone .  Hopefully DJI will get issue resolved soon
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb6d40af4 Posted at 2018-3-13 05:22
I have now tried to log into the DJI go4 app on a different phone (Samsung s5) and having the exact same issues. Least it rules out the problem being with the iPhone 8 Plus but still doesn’t help me being able to log in and use my drone .  Hopefully DJI will get issue resolved soon

I think it is not the problem of the phone but the password, please try an easier password without any special character included.
2018-3-13
Use props
TaTrToT13
lvl.1
United States

Is there a fix to this? I was able to activate my drone and fly it from my old phone (Samsung S7 edge) but now that I had to update phones to Google Pixel 2 XL and re connect to drone I am unable to fly it. I have my same login and all. I get to step 3 while using controller and even though I'm connected to controllers wifi it wont let me press next. I have tried the same thing not using the controller and just going straight to the drone and same issue. I am able to connect phone's wifi to drone but wont let me press done after step 2. If anyone is able to offer some help that would be great.

Thank you
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TaTrToT13 Posted at 2018-3-15 17:32
Is there a fix to this? I was able to activate my drone and fly it from my old phone (Samsung S7 edge) but now that I had to update phones to Google Pixel 2 XL and re connect to drone I am unable to fly it. I have my same login and all. I get to step 3 while using controller and even though I'm connected to controllers wifi it wont let me press next. I have tried the same thing not using the controller and just going straight to the drone and same issue. I am able to connect phone's wifi to drone but wont let me press done after step 2. If anyone is able to offer some help that would be great.

Thank you

What is the version of your app? Please  provide us the screenshot of the situation. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-15
Use props
TaTrToT13
lvl.1
United States

The ap I have version 4.2.6. It doesn't give me an option to update.
I am connected to RC but the next button wont turn blue. I have tried under activate and under connect. neither have worked for me.

Thanks for the help.
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_Ege9jYMrFSkh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1296 ft
United States

TaTrToT13 Posted at 2018-3-16 06:35
The ap I have version 4.2.6. It doesn't give me an option to update.[view_image][view_image][view_image]
I am connected to RC but the next button wont turn blue. I have tried under activate and under connect. neither have worked for me.

I found a way to get the Pixel2 to work.  First, put the phone in "Airplane mode". Then turn WiFi back on. This has worked for me, and the phone works quite well.
2018-3-16
Use props
TaTrToT13
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Ege9jYMrFSkh Posted at 2018-3-16 19:22
I found a way to get the Pixel2 to work.  First, put the phone in "Airplane mode". Then turn WiFi back on. This has worked for me, and the phone works quite well.

That is amazing. Thank you so much. Any ideas if I can still use my cable? I bought some adapters to change the micro usb to usb type c and put that on the remote cable but it didn't work. Didn't know if there was a trick with that too. Cannot thank you enough. Saved me so much time and sanity.
2018-3-18
Use props
Spark Shark
New
United States

djiuser_Ege9jYMrFSkh Posted at 2018-3-16 19:22
I found a way to get the Pixel2 to work.  First, put the phone in "Airplane mode". Then turn WiFi back on. This has worked for me, and the phone works quite well.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!  Worked for my Pixel 2 on P just now ;)

Only couple hours down the drain there DJI, thanks ;(
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules