Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Don't buy a Phantom 4P+
1910 26 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

If you want to use 3rd party apps don't buy a P4P+. It's a closed system and you're not able to add apps.
2018-3-12
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Old story mate
I love my P4P+ and was aware that the only thing the + stands for is a super bright
integrated screen.
If I need the 3rd party apps then Ill go buy a controller without the build-in screen.
By the way.. It is possible to install 3rd party apps as long as they do not need the
Google Play services.
2018-3-13
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-13 01:11
Old story mate
I love my P4P+ and was aware that the only thing the + stands for is a super bright
integrated screen.

they do fly well thats for sure. So what 3rd party apps do you run that have anything to do with flying?
2018-3-13
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

I don't use any 3rd party apps right now because I dont have the need, but there is a couple of treads
here on forum about the topic.
This is one of them:
LIST of 3rd part apps on P4P+ (GL300E)
2018-3-13
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

thats the problem with it FarmerMac. Seems you can only run apps that are of no use for flying.  Would be good if drone deploy etc could get a shoe in.  I cant speak for anyone else but i didnt buy a P4P+ to look at the weather and facebook.  Each to their own i suppose.
2018-3-13
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

goldrock Posted at 2018-3-13 02:46
thats the problem with it FarmerMac. Seems you can only run apps that are of no use for flying.  Would be good if drone deploy etc could get a shoe in.  I cant speak for anyone else but i didnt buy a P4P+ to look at the weather and facebook.  Each to their own i suppose.

Spot on!.
Thanks.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, built-in RC is able to download third-party apps with the latest RC firmware. Thank you for your support.
2018-3-13
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-13 22:32
Hi there, built-in RC is able to download third-party apps with the latest RC firmware. Thank you for your support.

I thought I read that in the release notes when I upgraded.  You are now able to download 20 3rd party apps if I am correct.
2018-3-14
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Thor.
Thats all fine, but as long as You (DJI) do not accept Google Play Services, You cant
use it for anything.
I dont mind as is right now, but when my needs is to do sitesurvey jobs, then the
Phantom 4 Pro plus is no longer that "PRO", but only a drone with a controller and a realy
nice but small screen. Im sure you get that point, right?
People is a bit upset about You (DJI) announce that now we can install app's on our + controller,
but what kind of apps? Apps you have to get from unsecure sites that offer APK files to download.
You newer know what those APK's have been compromised with. So for me it's a worthless "feature"
I have to buy a none plus version controller and an expensive tablet to be able to use secure apps
and get the full out of my drone. But I can see that its a great bussinesscase because it gives DJI an
additional sale.
2018-3-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-14 05:33
Thor.
Thats all fine, but as long as You (DJI) do not accept Google Play Services, You cant
use it for anything.

apkmirror is a secured site
2018-3-14
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I hvae the latest firmware and was told by DJI it can't be done. I was told that last week?
2018-3-15
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-14 22:44
apkmirror  is a secured site

That's interesting. What mission apps are available? Not letchi or DJI.
2018-3-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Safety Guy Posted at 2018-3-15 13:55
That's interesting. What mission apps are available? Not letchi or DJI.

I do not know as i only use DJI
2018-3-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you don't wan't to mess with 3rd party apps, buy a P4P+. It's a closed system, clean and simple, with proprietary DJI Go 4 app and beautiful CrystalSky monitoring ...
2018-3-15
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-15 21:17
If you don't wan't to mess with 3rd party apps, buy a P4P+. It's a closed system, clean and simple, with proprietary DJI Go 4 app and beautiful CrystalSky monitoring ...

I agree. I just didn't know when I bought it thst 's a closed system. There shoub be a disclemer thst you srr prior to buyimg
2018-3-15
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-15 20:49
I do not know as i only use DJI

OK thanks.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tearuup Posted at 2018-3-14 05:07
I thought I read that in the release notes when I upgraded.  You are now able to download 20 3rd party apps if I am correct.

Yes, it is supported by the latest RC firmware. It supports installing up to 20 3rd party apps.
2018-3-16
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-16 02:17
Yes, it is supported by the latest RC firmware. It supports installing up to 20 3rd party apps.

When will there be support for google play services  so that 3rd party apps makes sense?
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-14 05:33
Thor.
use it for anything.

The built-in screen RC system is the customized Android system, to ensure the stability of its performance, it does not support Google Pay App. Thank you for your support.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Safety Guy Posted at 2018-3-15 13:50
I hvae the latest firmware and was told by DJI it can't be done. I was told that last week?

May I know who said that? How did you contact them? With the latest firmware, it supports to download the third-party apps.
2018-3-16
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-16 02:29
The built-in screen RC system is the customized Android system, to ensure the stability of its performance, it does not support Google Pay App. Thank you for your support.

So 3rd party apps is useless. Thanks DJI

But thanks for answering.
2018-3-16
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-16 02:31
May I know who said that? How did you contact them? With the latest firmware, it supports to download the third-party apps.

I asked the tech suppor people over the phone last week. The number is on the website. If it can be done please explain how.
2018-3-16
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much
2018-3-16
Use props
Michal S. 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 761096 ft
Czechia

DJI Thor - I get that you have your guidlines as to what to answer, however here are clear examples as to what people want to run on the + version. Litchi, Pix4D, Drone Deploy. Explain to us how can we USE those apps on + version. I can install some of the above, but cannot USE them as they do not “see” the drone. So all and all I have an AC unit that has a killer screen with high brightness however with huge disadvantage of being able to “install and use” apps as the above. I don’t think I could be any clearer. Do you have any answer for us? Maybe a future update?
2018-3-18
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor, why you insist with your rhetoric is blatant disregard to your customers. Everyone who purchase the p4p+ (-) , soon figures out that it is usesless for running third party flight control apps. There is no benefit being able to run 20 non-flight apps. This feature has been introduced just so you can say "you can run third part apps", in your advertising.  We have to buy a non plus controller to get around this reckless design flaw. I guess its good for your revenue!
2018-3-18
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

goldrock Posted at 2018-3-18 04:36
DJI Thor, why you insist with your rhetoric is blatant disregard to your customers. Everyone who purchase the p4p+ (-) , soon figures out that it is usesless for running third party flight control apps. There is no benefit being able to run 20 non-flight apps. This feature has been introduced just so you can say "you can run third part apps", in your advertising.  We have to buy a non plus controller to get around this reckless design flaw. I guess its good for your revenue!

I agree!!!!
2018-3-18
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-16 02:29

But he Apps needed for planned flights need Google Pay to work so the resent change it not worth much as is.
Also from the reports (have not tried myself) it sounds like your Engineers need to add some USB sim in order for regular Apps to be able to communicate with the RC from the build-in device.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules