Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quality control issues at DJI
1142 3 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anom3
lvl.2
Canada

I know the gut reaction from most would be 'you should have returned it'. And you are right. But I did not as the issues are not critical but still annoying...

So here is my experience when buying a Mavic Pro from a big box retailer here in Europe. No need to mention them by name, but they are big, found in many EU countries. Something like a bestbuy in the US / Canada.

I bought a brand new, sealed Mavic Pro.

Issues:

A) The battery is slightly loose. Its on there very tight, not going anywhere and the connectors from the battery to mavic are a scissor type so they are fine. But still, annoying. Noticed the issue is most likely with the battery as we checked my friends and his does not do it. His battery in mine also didn't do it as much, but it still had a tinnnny bit of play.

B) Left rear arm a little loose when folded. Common issue by the looks of it. When the left rear leg is folded in, there is way more play then the right one. Once unfolded, its fine. BTW, I bought a replacement left arm and was going to do the swap my self. Its fairly cheap and not hard at all to swap... But of course, the replacemnet had the same issue. About 2-3 "wiggle" when folded in. The right is firm as a rock :/

C) The focus on my lens is kind of broken. When I focus the image on the center of the display, the right side will be slightly out of focus. Once again, common issue... Hard to explain, but its there for sure. The area where you select to focus doesnt really matter... but basically get something in focus, and at the same distance the right side will be slightly blury. Noticably so. So I ordered 2 replacemnt lenses from China... Hopefully one of them will be closer to perfect then what I have now. 10 bucks each, free shipping... 2 month wait though. Once again, a fairly easy swap as long as you go slow and gentle.

So yeah... What a great product, but the reputation of products 'made in china' persists... Don't get me wrong, I have owned quads for about 5 years now... This thing is revolutionary. Kills the $1000ish quad I put together about a year and a half ago in pretty much every regard. I feel fairly safe flying it, the distance is incredible, etc etc etc... But some low - medium quality control issues for sure.

And once again, yes I should have just done a return. But I didn't really notice the leg wiggle issue or the blurred focus for a couple of weeks (fairly sure it was there to start though...). And now I'd be stuck sending it in to DJI and waiting a month before I get to fly again.

Not really complaining, just letting people know what to expect. A great great product, that could have been just a little better.
2018-3-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

unfortunately i do agree.
2018-3-13
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

It'd be interesting to see some stats.  Back when I was working in Hi Tech manufacturing, we measured failures in "parts per million".  DJI sells in the millions, I'm sure, so how many of those end up being of bad quality?  We of course see many postings by those who had problem ones, but of course those who get good ones don't post it.  So it's hard to judge how big this problem is.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the difficulties that happened to you. If it is possible, please also provide me with the video of the arm's issue and the original video of the lens issue. And if you have sent the drone in, please provide me with your case number, I will also help to keep an eye on it.
For the issues that you reflected, I will forward to the proper department, we will keep moving to provide more products with good quality and more professional customer service. Thank you for your voice again.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules