995 3 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nautical_operator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85545 ft
United States

Hello all,

I am a relatively new owner of a Mavic Pro (Dec. 2017), so excuse my lack of knowledge in advance. I am having a pretty annoying issue recently, there is a terrible jello-like vibration occuring at very random times during flight. I'm running firmware version 01.04.0200 on both the controller and the aircraft, and have consistently updated the iOS app. Below, I've attatched videos of it occuring mid-flight. The wind was very calm on this day, so it wasn't that.

Two very important bits of info: 1. The aircraft seems to drift on it's own (quite noticable while trying to land), and 2. I did have a minor crash two weeks into owning it. I flew upwards into a small tree branch about 50 ft up, cracked 3 of the props, and almost caught it as it spun down out of control trying to maintain altitude - it landed relatively softly into snow, but was unforuntately nose / gimbal first. I immedately took it inside, took the battery out, and let all components dry via professional-grade silica in bags. Days later, I replaced all 4 props, and took it for a test flight - it was steady as a rock (like when I first got it) with no issues or warnings.

I flew the aircraft about 10 additional times after this incident with no issues, and this sporadic "jello" issue seems to have developed more recently. I've calibrated everything including the gimbal, and things are completely fine for about 98% of my flights, until the "jello" issue randomly kicks in and ruins my video. It only happens for about 2-5 seconds whenever it happens, and doesn't seem to be caused by one specific action / movement / condition. I've inspected the gimbal both in-flight and in standby, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything unsual. It has occured while the props are NOT moving (pre-flight), which made me initially think it was a problem regarding streaming the video to the controller, but the raw footage is also affected.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
2018-3-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Mavics are notorious for this, try the following: 1. Power on the AC, RC & Go4 app, calibrate the IMU's, Calibrate the Gimbal, if you are in a place where there is no magnetic interference calibrate the compass, if not shut the AC & RC down, DO NOT calibrate the compass until you are outside or at a place that is clear of any magnetic interference. Do an Auto calibration of the gimbal again and see if the issue persists. I have to fly with Polar Pro ND Filters installed (which is actually a good thing as you most always need them) all the time to get rid of the Jello effect.

2018-3-13
Use props
nautical_operator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85545 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-13 11:16
Mavics are notorious for this, try the following: 1. Power on the AC, RC & Go4 app, calibrate the IMU's, Calibrate the Gimbal, if you are in a place where there is no magnetic interference calibrate the compass, if not shut the AC & RC down, DO NOT calibrate the compass until you are outside or at a place that is clear of any magnetic interference. Do an Auto calibration of the gimbal again and see if the issue persists. I have to fly with Polar Pro ND Filters installed (which is actually a good thing as you most always need them) all the time to get rid of the Jello effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjD7qNZK_TI&t=34s

Thanks for the quick response - very informative videos. The camera does seem almost too light / sensitive. I will order some UV filters and try them out, thanks for the suggestion!
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to check if the gimbal anti-drop hooks are mounted properly, see the tutorial below. Please help to confirm if the drone is in Sport mode on that flight, make sure that the propellers are in good condition. Also, please try to fly with the gimbal cover, or if it is possible, try to check if it will have the same effect on the ground outdoor, if yes, confirm again indoor, just power it on on the ground and check it on the app. If it doesn't help, since you mentioned that the drone crashed before, I might suggest that you send the drone in for an overall check.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules