Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
8 days since "evaluated by our repair team" email
1621 16 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
btonetbone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18350 ft
United States

Hey everyone -
I'm getting a little antsy to get my Mavic Air back, but it feels like my progress through the repair service has stalled. Before I continue to bother the customer service reps with DJI, I wanted to check in an see if this timeframe was normal.
  • March 2: Delivered to DJI by UPS
  • March 5: DJI sends me an email, saying that my drone has been evaluated by their repair team. I should receive an invoice in 2-3 business days.
  • March 8: I get an email stating that they tried to do a data analysis, but "can't analyze it because of various reasons." They asked me to sync my flight records (which had been synced well before I sent the drone in) and send over some logs.
  • March 9: I sent over the logs.

Since then, I haven't heard anything further. No invoice, no status change, nothing. The DJI web interface still says "Some required information is missing for data analysis. We will contact you as soon as possible."

Is this timeframe normal? Or should this be happening more quickly? I'm also confused about how they evaluated my drone on March 5, but then conculed they didn't have enough data a few days later.

Any thoughts?
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

The repair process can take time. You will get an update by way of email. Of course, you can always call Customer Service:

Mon-Fri 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST)
+1 (818) 235 0789
support.us@dji.com
2018-3-13
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-13 11:35
The repair process can take time. You will get an update by way of email. Of course, you can always call Customer Service:

Mon-Fri 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST)

Thanks for recommending that I call! It turns out that the DJI team could not read my logs synced to the cloud, could not read the logs off the drone, and also claimed that the logs I emailed were unreadable or corrupt. They wanted me to send even more information, but had not even asked for it until I called. It was a very bizarre conversation. I emailed over the logs for a second time, but now I'm extremely concerned about what's going on. The phone rep also said that it might be another full week until they can check the logs I sent over today. Based on today's conversation, I think I'll just need to make phone calls to DJI daily to check the status, in case they cannot proceed yet again.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-13 16:24
Thanks for recommending that I call! It turns out that the DJI team could not read my logs synced to the cloud, could not read the logs off the drone, and also claimed that the logs I emailed were unreadable or corrupt. They wanted me to send even more information, but had not even asked for it until I called. It was a very bizarre conversation. I emailed over the logs for a second time, but now I'm extremely concerned about what's going on. The phone rep also said that it might be another full week until they can check the logs I sent over today. Based on today's conversation, I think I'll just need to make phone calls to DJI daily to check the status, in case they cannot proceed yet again.

Hi btonetbone, you have our sincere apologies for the lack of communication from our support team, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1509101-S8N2M9, your unpleasant experience will be escalated to our management department for attention, we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience with us, the data analysis has been completed, we will have someone to contact you about the result as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.
2018-3-13
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

Just to be clear, the person on the phone today was very friendly and helpful! He helped move things forward, which I appreciated. He just didn't have the tools to see why the previous attempts to read my data failed, or why the repair teams hadn't communicated with me that they needed a third batch of information.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-13 19:12
Just to be clear, the person on the phone today was very friendly and helpful! He helped move things forward, which I appreciated. He just didn't have the tools to see why the previous attempts to read my data failed, or why the repair teams hadn't communicated with me that they needed a third batch of information.

We apologize again for the inconvenience caused, we understand that there are things we need to improve and we'll learn from this and keep optimizing our workflow to provide more professional and efficient customer support, thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-13
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 19:37
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused, we understand that there are things we need to improve and we'll learn from this and keep optimizing our workflow to provide more professional and efficient customer support, thanks for your understanding.

Well, this continues to be extremely frustrating. I just received an email stating "NON-WARRANTY ANALYST DID NOT RECEIVE FLIGHT LOGS REQUESTED." I have sent my logs over twice, synced my records, and given you all my drone. I believe that there was a real problem with my drone that caused it to crash, and the fact that you all cannot read these logs should support that fact. I do not know what to do at this point. The phone representatives are all individually nice, but they are so far removed from the actual repair technicians who are failing to read the logs and are failing to understand what is going on. I really want to like DJI and be happy with my drone, but you all are making this extremely, extremely difficult.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-14 09:04
Well, this continues to be extremely frustrating. I just received an email stating "NON-WARRANTY ANALYST DID NOT RECEIVE FLIGHT LOGS REQUESTED." I have sent my logs over twice, synced my records, and given you all my drone. I believe that there was a real problem with my drone that caused it to crash, and the fact that you all cannot read these logs should support that fact. I do not know what to do at this point. The phone representatives are all individually nice, but they are so far removed from the actual repair technicians who are failing to read the logs and are failing to understand what is going on. I really want to like DJI and be happy with my drone, but you all are making this extremely, extremely difficult.

I apologize for the data analysis result, may I have your illustration of the accident process again if you still want us to analyze? Per the case, you described the crash happened in Gesture Mode, but flight record you provided is not in Gesture Mode.
Now we need the whole FlightRecords Folder, could you please export it to us to check again? If yes, please upload it to Dropbox or Google Driver and share us the link.
2018-3-15
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

Certainly, here's the link to the entire folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_MeCmuL_4-jMvyaTlO64v0xzOnCiw_8/view?usp=drivesdk

The date of the incident was February 18, 2018.

My Mavic Air crashed and I believe that it may be a problem with the drone or perhaps programming error in the SmartCapture feature.

I was trying to show my wife how some of the features work, and we launched (precision launch) from the third floor balcony on the rear of our condo. I took it up to an additional 12 feet higher and zipped around a little bit, which is high enough to avoid the few obstacles back there.

I brought it back in front of us, still about 12 feet up. Then, I turned on the SmartCapture gesture control and the Mavic Air dropped height almost instantly by 6ish feet. Within moments, it had lowered enough where it got stuck in a tree. It then flipped over and fell about 50 feet to the ground.

In hindsight, I'm aware that I could have likely either pressed Pause or exited the SmartCapture mode, but it happened so quickly that I was shocked and didn't respond fast enough. I didn't see anywhere in the manual that SmartCapture will automatically lower to a certain height, and was quite surprised.

I replaced the propellers, but did not see any physical damage of note on the drone. I recalibrated the IMU, gimbal, and Compass. However, the drone felt a little jittery afterwards. I don't know what was going on with it, but it never felt quite stable again after it fell.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-15 03:18
Certainly, here's the link to the entire folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_MeCmuL_4-jMvyaTlO64v0xzOnCiw_8/view?usp=drivesdk

The date of the incident was February 18, 2018.

Sir, I have applied permission to the link, could you please accept my application? Thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

Yes, permissions are now opened. Thank you and my apologies!
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-16 03:14
Yes, permissions are now opened. Thank you and my apologies!

We can access the download link now. Just to verify, is it the whole file of FlightRecord? Parden for my question as the file size is only 116B...
2018-3-16
Use props
btonetbone
lvl.1
United States

I was out of town at a hotel, and the poor WiFi may have corrupted the upload. Does this new link work?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19pIXqqZHd7cMGWh72yVFE-VpdJha1-Lc/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

btonetbone Posted at 2018-3-16 23:32
I was out of town at a hotel, and the poor WiFi may have corrupted the upload. Does this new link work?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19pIXqqZHd7cMGWh72yVFE-VpdJha1-Lc/view?usp=drivesdk

This works now, thank you so much. Our engineers will review these and I'll keep follow up as well.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the data analysis has been finished, please kindly find the result as below:

1. The aircraft was controlled by the pilot in GPS mode.
2. T=01:07, H=0.5m, D=6.2m, RTH was triggered by RC one tap return to home;
3. T=01:15, H=0.8m, D=5.5m, the aircraft crashed and flipped over during RTH(ascending)
Conclusion: The drone itself cannot avoid the obstacles during the ascending period. From the Google Map, it seems that flight environment is not suitable for flying. According to all info you offered, we do not find any product malfunction and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not a warranty case. I'll attach the screenshots for better understanding.
1.PNG
RTH.png
Flight Environment.png
2018-3-19
Use props
bsdroneflying
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659173 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How was your case settle finally?
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bsdroneflying Posted at 7-12 22:09
How was your case settle finally?

Hi, there. May we know is there anything we can help with?
2022-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules