can only fly 150 feet with mavic air and goggles
1392 6 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans863aac5a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70722 ft
United States

I can only fly 150 feet with Mavic air and goggles.Then it just stops.Like I am in beginner mode or something.

If I am in beginner mode,I can't find it in settings to turn off.
HELP if you can.
2018-3-13
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I wait until RC and Mavic have connected and turn the goggles on last.....no problems !
2018-3-13
Use props
fans863aac5a
lvl.3
United States

I was told by DJI support that range is limited to 150 feet when using goggles with Mavic Air. Well, that makes the Goggles useless for me.    Are they kidding or are they clueless? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?                                                                  
2018-3-13
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

To turn off beginner mode is in the main controller settings underneath return to home Altitude.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans863aac5a
lvl.3
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-3-13 13:45
To turn off beginner mode is in the main controller settings underneath return to home Altitude.

That is not an option with goggles.I only see that option when I am using my phone with the hand controller.I have it turned off but still limited to 150 foot range.Do you have a MAVIC AIR? Unlike the Mavic Pro, you can not use your phone and goggles at the same time.
2018-3-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is needed is the log in to DJI Go 4 App' which is running on the display device. Whether phone or tablet is used, you must log into your DJI Go 4 App' to disable the 30m altitude and 50m radius limitations set in the aircraft.
So when the aircraft is first powered up (Mavic Air, Spark, P4 series), connect to the RC first using the phone/tablet and run the DJI Go 4 App' which has previously been logged into account. On the first screen where it shows picture of aircraft and 'Enter Device', when that changes to 'Safe To Fly' (after aircraft powered up) the display device can be unplugged and replaced with goggles. That removes the 30m & 50m limitation.

So to recap' it is initialisation of aircraft using a device previously logged into DJI account that removes the 30m & 50 limitations. As yet the goggles do not have the ability to sign in (probably because no network connection).

The Mavic Pro is better in this respect as the Ocusync wireless communication from Goggles means that a display device can be connected to the Mavic Pro RC simultaneously.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans863aac5a
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-13 14:47
What is needed is the log in to DJI Go 4 App' which is running on the display device. Whether phone or tablet is used, you must log into your DJI Go 4 App' to disable the 30m altitude and 50m radius limitations set in the aircraft.
So when the aircraft is first powered up (Mavic Air, Spark, P4 series), connect to the RC first using the phone/tablet and run the DJI Go 4 App' which has previously been logged into account. On the first screen where it shows picture of aircraft and 'Enter Device', when that changes to 'Safe To Fly' (after aircraft powered up) the display device can be unplugged and replaced with goggles. That removes the 30m & 50m limitation.

That sucks but works...So every time I use goggles I must first use the phone to change settings then disconnect the phone and plug in goggles in order to get the full range.....ALSO MUST GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS EVERY TIME I REPLACE BATTERY.....Thats too much hassle for me.I will be returning them.Very disappointed.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules