I can't get a video feed
533 4 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alekzk
lvl.1

Norway

I've recently purchased a used Phantom 4(in a nice condition), but I can't seem to get a video feed on my phone or even change settings in the DJI GO 4 app.. I don't have a memory card yet, as I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Do I have to have a SD card to get the video feed and change settings?
The light in the controller is green, and I can tilt the camera up and down with the wheel on the controller, so it's connected.

Thanks for answers!

- Aleks
2018-3-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Do I have to have a SD card to get the video feed and change settings? "

You don't need an SD card to see video feed nor control aircraft. You will be prohibited from recording video or stills if no SD card.

Light on controller green is a good sign that means the RC and aircraft are communicating. The next bit is to work out why that information (if it's there) is not getting from RC to display device via the USB cable.

With all powered up and connected, in DJI Go 4 have a look at 'About' at bottom of 'General Settings' menu. This lists the firmware and App' versions currently being used. Can you list them here or attach a screenshot ?

Edit:- Which display device are you using ?

2018-3-13
Use props
Alekzk
lvl.1

Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-13 14:56
"Do I have to have a SD card to get the video feed and change settings? "

You don't need an SD card to see video feed nor control aircraft. You will be prohibited from recording video or stills if no SD card.

Sorry for not updating the thread! I read somewhere that updating to the latest OS on the phone worked, and oddly enough it did! Now I just hope I get my SD card tomorrow so I can really take it out for a fly
2018-3-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alekzk Posted at 2018-3-13 14:58
Sorry for not updating the thread! I read somewhere that updating to the latest OS on the phone worked, and oddly enough it did! Now I just hope I get my SD card tomorrow so I can really take it out for a fly

Well done, yes there were known problems when using iOS 11.1 for example.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alekzk Posted at 2018-3-13 14:58
Sorry for not updating the thread! I read somewhere that updating to the latest OS on the phone worked, and oddly enough it did! Now I just hope I get my SD card tomorrow so I can really take it out for a fly

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules