IMU location on Phantom 4 Pro
4148 16 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansba014582
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone point me to the location internal of the I'm on the Phantom 4 Pro.

I am asking cause I believe mine is unplugged or not functioning. I get a error when I tell it to calibrate saying it's disconnected.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

If you are referring to the IMU, check to make sure that your app is connected to the Phantom 4 Pro. If the IMU itself is disconnected, you would have to have a technician look at your aircraft. Can you send me a personal message and try to add a screen shot so we can better determine the next step? Thank you for your time.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansba014582
lvl.1

United States

PM Sent Mark -

Also here is a short video of what is going on.

2018-3-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That one needs to go back.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansba014582
lvl.1

United States

Its not something I can just go open up and plug back in? It was in a a crash and I am really not for a huge bill.
2018-3-13
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fansba014582 Posted at 2018-3-13 15:32
Its not something I can just go open up and plug back in? It was in a a crash and I am really not for a huge bill.

I'm thinking you have bigger issues than just plugging something back in. Sorry for your troubles, but I'm thinking sending it in might be your safest bet.
2018-3-13
Use props
rholbrook85
lvl.1

United States

So can anyone point to what needs replaced? I would like to educate myself on what is broken before I mail it in.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rholbrook85 Posted at 2018-3-13 16:07
So can anyone point to what needs replaced? I would like to educate myself on what is broken before I mail it in.

The IMU does not plug in, it is soldered into the main board, and you can't buy a replacement. Try going to the IMU display section of the settings, it should show the IMU values, but more importantly, it should tell you there if the IMU is not funcxtioning. BTW, there are two IMU units in your aircraft for redundancy.
If you could take a good shot of the settings and post it, that would help. Please don't shoot it like the clip you did before because the display is not readable, use a screen-shot app.
2018-3-13
Use props
rholbrook85
lvl.1

United States

So should I side load a screenshot app? I am using the pro plus controller.

In that screen the values show unknown.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rholbrook85 Posted at 2018-3-13 16:17
So should I side load a screenshot app? I am using the pro plus controller.

In that screen the values show unknown.

OK, now I understand, it is a little different using the plus display. It is just that we need to be able to read what is displayed.
2018-3-13
Use props
rholbrook85
lvl.1

United States

Maybe this will help

Display Info
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rholbrook85 Posted at 2018-3-13 16:26
Maybe this will help

Display Info

Yes, that was what I was looking for. It appears that both IMUs are at fault, or at least not communicating with the main control board. That is something that can only be fixed by sending it back to DJI for repair.
2018-3-13
Use props
rholbrook85
lvl.1

United States

So can I just buy a new control board and replace it?
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rholbrook85 Posted at 2018-3-13 16:35
So can I just buy a new control board and replace it?

As far as I know, no. And it is not a trivial job. If DJI perform the repair, then you can be sure it will be OK, but you would need to be a good repair expert to do it yourself.
2018-3-13
Use props
rholbrook85
lvl.1

United States

I understand its not trivial. Honestly I have no money in the drone and dont mind learning how to fix it. I just would like to know what boards I need to replace so I can go look at the steps to do it.

Im not saying im a expert but I am patient and know how to work on electronics just not 100 percent sure what needs replaced.

I would send it in but I have a feeling its out of warranty and it was crashed, I am just guessing the crash either caused this or was the cause of this.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rholbrook85 Posted at 2018-3-13 16:52
I understand its not trivial. Honestly I have no money in the drone and dont mind learning how to fix it. I just would like to know what boards I need to replace so I can go look at the steps to do it.

Im not saying im a expert but I am patient and know how to work on electronics just not 100 percent sure what needs replaced.

As far as I am aware, DJI do not sell the boards as spares. Your only option is to find someone selling an aircraft for parts, and hope the board is OK.
2018-3-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fansba014582 Posted at 2018-3-13 15:25
PM Sent Mark -

Also here is a short video of what is going on.

In your video, it does say that an update is required. Have you tried connecting the Phantom to your PC and trying to update using the Assistant 2 program. It is worth trying this in case there is an issue with the existing firmware.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules