Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
vibration on x5s with panasonic 14-42 mm lens
2072 4 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

Fellas,

anyone here experiencing camera shaking (mechanical instability rather than digital jello) when flying the m210 uav with dual gimbal setup with dji x5s+z30 when the x5s has the optional dji-supported 3x zoom lens, the Panasonic Lumix 14-42 mm/3.5-5.6 HD? first time i flew with this lens and got visible shaking on the crystal sky tablet but dismissed it as some data latency. now confirmed as shaking with video footage.

quite a vibration with this lens. when swapped with the original dji lens, no issues. i cannot use the x5s videos. any solutions? yes. latest firmware and updates. will upload the flight data to dji to analyze parameters re: compass issue, green video feed, and gps loss also experience on multiple occasions on sunday.

any solutions? the dji website speaks of no balancing rings, etc. or special calibrations.
https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5s/info

first part of the video is on the shaky Panasonic lens while the second half is with the native lens and no issues.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... WF/view?usp=sharing

2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi kozlio, for Panasonic Lumix 14-42 mm/3.5-5.6, it will need the balancing ring to ensure the gimbal performance, please check the user manual with the dimension of the balancing ring. The balancing ring can be purchased in our online store: https://store.dji.com/product/ze ... cing-ring?vid=21741 GTScreenshot_20180314_154357.png
2018-3-13
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 23:47
Hi kozlio, for Panasonic Lumix 14-42 mm/3.5-5.6, it will need the balancing ring to ensure the gimbal performance, please check the user manual with the dimension of the balancing ring. The balancing ring can be purchased in our online store: https://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s-balancing-ring?vid=21741[view_image]

thanks, Mindy, for correcting me and solving my problem. i just purchased the balancing ring from DJI's product website. this should address my vibration issue with that after-market lens.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-14 13:18
thanks, Mindy, for correcting me and solving my problem. i just purchased the balancing ring from DJI's product website. this should address my vibration issue with that after-market lens.

I really hope so, please don't hesitate to contact us if the issue persists.
2018-3-14
Use props
IntrepidDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 3620226 ft

I think this lens is very hit or miss to be honest and I'm sorry I bought it. I have never got god results for video. You are far better using one of the prime options if video is your thing. The standard 15mm Dji lens is far and away better than this when it comes to both video and stills. The only think this is really useful for is Inspections with the i2.

You need both balance rings ( Br-O37-17  & BR-O37-6) without a filter. If using a filter, you need to remove the BR-O37-6 and replace with the filter. I weighed both the O37-17 which weighed 15g and the BR-037-6 which weighed 5g. To be honest, I have my doubts about this balance ring setup, as it's difficult to tell if it is balanced due to the lens retracting on power-off.

The lens is OK for taking stills, even though It can be a touch soft at the edges.  When it comes to video you will get poor results.  I have constant Jello issues.  Setting the shutter speed to double the frame rate also does not help, nor does the use of a filter.

I have to say out of all my lenses, this is the one that gets least use. I just could never rely on it for video and I tend to need both video and still capabilities when shooting wildlife. It will have it's uses for Inspections though and I have used it for this. If anyone here has any ideas of how to get good video out of this lens.. I'm all ears.  Personally I could not recommend it and would steer you toward the Oly 12mm, 25mm &  45mm unless you absolutely require power zoom.
2018-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules